The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
So Moyes seems to be the favorite here to be the next man. **** NLD have gone up to the next level

I just thank god that Chelsea signed RDM on a permanent basis or else we would have had to deal with Redknapp to Chelsea rumours... Horrible

Last edited:
I think Moyes can work wonders with the squad spurs have. Look what hes done with everton year after year.

Glad to see Harry is gone though to be honest, he seems to have lost his edge over the last 12 months.

I just thank god that Chelsea signed RDM on a permanent basis or else we would have had to deal with Redknapp to Chelsea rumours... Horrible

Redknapp would of got Chelsea playing good football, I do not see how anyone can criticise his time at Spurs. They were much better than you in the league despite having a huge dip at one point, if the rules were better they would be in the CL.

So are you going to tell me that if Spurs qualified for the CL then Harry wouldn't still be in a job? At least elaborate.

I'm telling you that theres a good chance he would have still been sacked. Redknapp and Levy didn't get on at all, he was offered a massive new deal in March but rejected it (for England). He's then gone back in with a new agent demanding the same deal he rejected months back. Its Redknapps fault he's out of a job, he played his hand badly.

Oh and 'Bottom line, if Chelsea didn't win the CL, Harry would be hailed as the messiah.' Is a crock of ****.

I'm telling you that theres a good chance he would have still been sacked. Redknapp and Levy didn't get on at all, he was offered a massive new deal in March but rejected it (for England). He's then gone back in with a new agent demanding the same deal he rejected months back. Its Redknapps fault he's out of a job, he played his hand badly.

Oh and 'Bottom line, if Chelsea didn't win the CL, Harry would be hailed as the messiah.' Is a crock of ****.

But lets face it, how on earth Redknapp did not get the England job was ridiculous. All the media and most of the public wanted him, whether it was right or wrong. The reason he did not get it was probably because he is not a guy like Hodgson who just stays in line and does what he is told. Having said that, it could of been due to Sir Trevor Brooking... they do not get on very well, but who cares what he wants.

Still think its a ridiculous decision, Tottenham were nothing when Harry took over... he has brought well, transformed players into key people in the Tottenham side and has got them challenging every year for at least top 4.

Before he was there, Ramos had them Bottom of the League, huge turnaround!

Well if that's the case then I just don't know how high your lots expectations really are. Did you expect to win the league or something? Harry wanted a long term contract for job security which I think is fair enough considering the job he has done. Christ sake you were in the relegation zone when he took over, massive underperformance to get that low admittedly but that's a fact.

Your club will regret it.

But lets face it, how on earth Redknapp did not get the England job was ridiculous. All the media and most of the public wanted him, whether it was right or wrong.

He didn't get it because media and public aren't the ones choosing the next boss. Overall in short term I think Roy will be better choice for England and will most likely defend England through the group which is achievement in itself.

He didn't get it because media and public aren't the ones choosing the next boss. Overall in short term I think Roy will be better choice for England and will most likely defend England through the group which is achievement in itself.

No it is not an achievement to get out of this group, we are England, we have better players than Sweden and Ukraine who are pretty poor sides. How you can think this is not good, admittedly the squad picked is all wrong though. Hodgson's tactics are suited to playing against better teams, but when we face Sweden and Ukraine that same approach should not be taken. We have to be the team on the front foot, controlling the game.

I just think it is sickening how Redknapp did not get it in the first place to be honest, Hodgson is alright but quite a boring choice and the way we play demonstrates that.

No it is not an achievement to get out of this group, we are England, we have better players than Sweden and Ukraine who are pretty poor sides. How you can think this is not good, admittedly the squad picked is all wrong though. Hodgson's tactics are suited to playing against better teams, but when we face Sweden and Ukraine that same approach should not be taken. We have to be the team on the front foot, controlling the game.

I just think it is sickening how Redknapp did not get it in the first place to be honest, Hodgson is alright but quite a boring choice and the way we play demonstrates that.

Sweden and Ukraine are far from poor teams. Both are attacking sides and if England get their counter attacking game working better it is the best way to beat them.

It is not sickening at all that Redknapp didnt get it. Hodgson has an outdated plan, but Redknapp has no plan at all. Bearing in mind that the remit of the england manager is more than just the tournaments.

Redknapp tried to force a deal through on the one chairman who takes no ****.

The fact that he got them out of relegation 4 years ago, is now somewhat irrelevant. Its about building on what they have now, and redknapp doesnt seem to have what it takes to move them further.

Neither Sweden or Ukraine are poor sides, lets get that straight.

An era ends here. If the right man will be appointed, we'll probably have a similar history going on. Otherwise, we'll collapse in mediocrity.

Redknapp would of got Chelsea playing good football, I do not see how anyone can criticise his time at Spurs. They were much better than you in the league despite having a huge dip at one point, if the rules were better they would be in the CL.

If Rules were better? Lol.

Plus they were better than us in the league wich is not saying much considering their squad was muh better than ours... But Redknapp is not a great manager as you make out. He hardly rotates which lead to Spurs dip in form in the second half of the season. He is pretty zero in tactics. His man-management skills are over-rated. At a time when Chelsea are desperately in need of a manager with vision and long-term planning, Harry would have been th worst choice we could have realistically made

Well if that's the case then I just don't know how high your lots expectations really are. Did you expect to win the league or something? Harry wanted a long term contract for job security which I think is fair enough considering the job he has done. Christ sake you were in the relegation zone when he took over, massive underperformance to get that low admittedly but that's a fact.

Your club will regret it.

We didn't expect to win the league, we expected to finish 3rd and in the CL when you're 12 points clear. As would every team.
As I said, we offered Redknapp a long term contract, he turned it down then screwed up. Lets say you're on Deal or no deal. You turn down a bankers massive offer because you think you've got the 250,000. If you then find out you don't and all the big moneys swiped off the board, you cant go back and demand the same offer from before can you? Not a great metaphor i know, but you get the idea.

Redknapp picked up a team that was low in confidence that had finished 5th in the league twice in previous seasons, not as if he took Wigan to the CL.

It is not sickening at all that Redknapp didnt get it. Hodgson has an outdated plan, but Redknapp has no plan at all. Bearing in mind that the remit of the england manager is more than just the tournaments.

Redknapp tried to force a deal through on the one chairman who takes no ****.

The fact that he got them out of relegation 4 years ago, is now somewhat irrelevant. Its about building on what they have now, and redknapp doesnt seem to have what it takes to move them further.

Neither Sweden or Ukraine are poor sides, lets get that straight.

Ok maybe saying they are "poor" is a touch to far. But seriously, why should England not be beating teams like these, not getting out of our group would be a disgrace. The FA were wrong from the start, why did the manager even have to be English?

Back