The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
bale said he's happy at spurs?

No, he said that he wil discuss his future at the club if Spurs did not get CL which they did not. Might be the best time for him to move because Spurs are not exactly guaranteed Top 4 next season and they will likely be losing a few key players rather than adding world-class talent although whether Levy will let him is a different matter

No, he said that he wil discuss his future at the club if Spurs did not get CL which they did not. Might be the best time for him to move because Spurs are not exactly guaranteed Top 4 next season and they will likely be losing a few key players rather than adding world-class talent although whether Levy will let him is a different matter
No I am sure I've seen that he was happy to stay at Spurs after that saga with him leaving if Spurs don't get CL football.

No I am sure I've seen that he was happy to stay at Spurs after that saga with him leaving if Spurs don't get CL football.

dont take that at face value, he had to come out and say he was happy to avoid causing rifts in the dressing room

Bale I don't think is happy at Tottenham, whether clubs will pay the fee they ask is another issue. If Barcelona sign Jordi Alba from Valencia then I doubt Bale will move this summer.

Why is the fee being talked about for Modric around the 30m mark and below? Didn't Spurs reject 37 or something. Seems weird to me.

Why is the fee being talked about for Modric around the 30m mark and below? Didn't Spurs reject 37 or something. Seems weird to me.

Less time on his contract? How many years does he have left?

Modric wanted to go last summer, but didn't go on strike or anything when Spurs rejected the offer. This summer he might do Cesc to enforce the move.

Arsenal still did good without Fabregas, I am not worried about Modric neither about Bale if we bring in decent reinforcements.

Arsenal still did good without Fabregas, I am not worried about Modric neither about Bale if we bring in decent reinforcements.

Bale is replacable but by no means an easy task. Good luck replacing Modric though (if he leaves), one of the best regista's in the world.

Bale I don't think is happy at Tottenham, whether clubs will pay the fee they ask is another issue. If Barcelona sign Jordi Alba from Valencia then I doubt Bale will move this summer.

Despite his agent insisting he is happy.

Less time on his contract? How many years does he have left?

4 years. Theres no reason to accept less than 35m

Despite his agent insisting he is happy.

4 years. Theres no reason to accept less than 35m

Right, except that isnt always how it works. Just look at Arsenal. You could quite easily lose him for less than last year's price.

Right, except that isnt always how it works. Just look at Arsenal. You could quite easily lose him for less than last year's price.

We're not Arsenal, they were forced into it by Fabregas only wanting to go to Barca, we all know that. We could, but why would we? 4 years left and no reason to sell.

André Villas-Boas has signed a 3-year contract to manage Tottenham Hotspur, according to Gazzeta Dello Sport.

We're not Arsenal, they were forced into it by Fabregas only wanting to go to Barca, we all know that. We could, but why would we? 4 years left and no reason to sell.

Because Modric could force his way again, and this time not back down? Thought that was pretty obvious.

I honestly think it's easier to replace Modric than Bale. How many left sided wingers of Bales ability out there that would come to Spurs? Easier finding a replacement for Modric for the new manager. Plenty of untapped playmakers out there.

I just spoke to my Spurs mate and he was telling me something interesting about your owner (Not Levy). Your owner Joe Lewis is a BILLIONAIRE, he is the 7th richest man in Britain and has a estimated wealth of $3.8 billion and is 290th richest person of Forbes' list of billionaires.

The question remains, why hasn't he been spending? Surely if your owner is a billionaire, which Joe Lewis is, then he would be spending a bit on players?

How many of you lot knew that your club's owner is a Billionaire? :P

I just spoke to my Spurs mate and he was telling me something interesting about your owner (Not Levy). Your owner Joe Lewis is a BILLIONAIRE, he is the 7th richest man in Britain and has a estimated wealth of $3.8 billion and is 290th richest person of Forbes' list of billionaires.

The question remains, why hasn't he been spending? Surely if your owner is a billionaire, which Joe Lewis is, then he would be spending a bit on players?

How many of you lot knew that your club's owner is a Billionaire? :P

You are aware that the majority of premier league teams and top teams are owned by billionaires, right?

You are aware that the majority of premier league teams and top teams are owned by billionaires, right?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Newcastle, Sunderland are the only teams I could find who's owners are Billionaires.

Lets compare Joe Lewis' Net Worth to Malcom Glazers.

Joe Lewis: $3.8b

Malcom Glazer: $2.7b

The point im trying to make, Tottenham are richer than some people think. Tottenham's owner Joe Lewis' net worth is higher than Malcom Glazer. As I said, why hasn't he been spending in the transfer markets? Surely has can afford to spend £30m or £40m on a player?

Last edited:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Newcastle, Sunderland are the only teams I could find who's owners are Billionaires.

Lets compare Joe Lewis' Net Worth to Malcom Glazers.

Joe Lewis: $3.8b

Malcom Glazer: $2.7b

The point im trying to make, Tottenham are richer than some people think. Tottenham's owner Joe Lewis' net worth is higher than Malcom Glazer. As I said, why hasn't he been spending in the transfer markets? Surely has can afford to spend £30m or £40m on a player?

He probably could afford to spend 30-40m on one player, but obviously we don't want to. United can afford to spend vast amounts of money whilst their Chairman has less money than ours because they have a massive stadium with an enormous revenue from fans, we have a relatively small stadium and whilst we have that, we cannot afford to pay top wages, which a 30-40m player will demand. Thus, why we tend to look at cheaper and younger talents that have high sell on values.

Back