The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Newcastle, Sunderland are the only teams I could find who's owners are Billionaires.

Lets compare Joe Lewis' Net Worth to Malcom Glazers.

Joe Lewis: $3.8b

Malcom Glazer: $2.7b

The point im trying to make, Tottenham are richer than some people think. Tottenham's owner Joe Lewis' net worth is higher than Malcom Glazer. As I said, why hasn't he been spending in the transfer markets? Surely has can afford to spend £30m or £40m on a player?

The difference is glazer doesn't spend the money when United spend it big, it comes from their revenue and I imagine it is the same at Tottenham, just because they're rich doesn't mean they will throw money at things. Tottenham's growth has been organic which means there spending is sustainable, if Lewis threw money at the club, then they would be reliant on Lewis rather than their own revenue which is always a dangerous situation for the future.

Ok cheers guys for your input. Last night, I was a bit tired and my brain was in overdrive, haha.

Spurs never will blow big money on transfer fees and wages und Levy and Lewis. They have a policy to keep in with the clubs revenue. This will prove to be a major plus point when the FFP comes into full effect. They have spent monies in other areas like a world class training ground and with the looks of it work starting around White Hart Lane for the new stadium then they have had to be cautious. When the new stadium is built that will allow an increase in revenue due to higher gates and will in effect be able to increase the wage cap that is currently in place. They have no intention of putting the clubs future at stake just by blowing big money because Lewis is a billionaire which Spurs fans know anyway.

The transfer of Jan Vertonghen seems to have stalled because of a clause in his contract.
Vertonghen seems to have signed a contract with relative low wages but with a 15% transfer fee clause.

Spurs are rumoured to have offered 9.5 mil + 2.5 mil if Spurs qualify for CL.

The 1.8 mil Vertonghen would get seems to be more than Ajax are willing to allow.

Ajax seem to think keeping Vertonghen will ensure surviving CL group stage and a 3rd consecutive title this year.

This would theoretically result in:

7.2 mil CL starting bonus in 2013
6+ mil ticket sales in 2013
3 mil bonus if they reach knock out stage this year
--------------------------------------------------------------------total
16.2 mil (excl. match bonus)

Plausible theory?

I really don't blame him do you? If AVB's high line destroyed JT what would it do to poor Ledley?

Well... nothing. Since King was damned quick.

Shame to see him retire. Could've been a great of the game if he'd had good knees.

Well... nothing. Since King was damned quick.

Shame to see him retire. Could've been a great of the game if he'd had good knees.

He was quick but any sprint he done you always thought and a lot of the time he did end up on a stretcher because of it.

The Club can announce that there will be a Testimonial Match for Ledley King at the Lane where our fans and the wider footballing family can honour this outstanding player.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, commented, "It will undoubtedly be a special night at the Lane, the chance for fans and teammates to pay tribute to our longest-serving, not to mention one of the most gifted players in the history of the Club."

The celebration of Ledley's career will take place at the end of the 2012/2013 season, with the opposition determined at a later date. The Club will work with Ledley's Testimonial Committee to ensure this is a fitting tribute and we shall keep fans updated as plans progress.

---

Thierry Henry said:
I don't like defenders who hold the shirts of other players. The only defender here who doesn't do that and still gets the ball off my feet easily is Ledley King.

He is the only guy who doesn't hold players. He will get the ball off you without you even noticing. For me, that is a good defender.

He plays without any contact yet is somehow still strong and gets the ball without doing any fouls.

Legend. Biggest hero to the club since Gary Mabbutt, and a crying shame he has been forced into retiring by an injury plagued career.

Great, great player.

Real Madrid are finally going to complete their move for Modric it seems.

Dinamo's Sporting Director has mentioned it, as they are due £2.5 million of the total £35 million transfer fee.

Looks like we held out for our money and got it. So much for the 35 million Euros offer. :)

Sad to see him leave the club, but I'm glad he's leaving the league also.

Dinamo's Sporting Director has mentioned it, as they are due £2.5 million of the total £35 million transfer fee.

Looks like we held out for our money and got it. So much for the 35 million Euros offer. :)

It's money that can be used to buy one or two other stars.

Wonder what this means for Nuri Sahin now. Rumours of a loan move to Arsenal are inevitably flying around although if Madrid wanted to send Sahin out on loan- Would they not have offered that in a package deal for Modric?

Not sure why Madrid are intent on throwing money away though. Sahin would probably walk into any team in the world bar 2-3.

Back