The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird info on the Ashley Young situation. In my local paper (watford observer) one of the groups who are planning to takeover watford are under the impression that Ashley Young is going to be sold in this or the next transfer window. Only reason it was in there because watford get 15% of the fee if Young does leave.

Villa aren't finished, or you aren't finished? ;)

What other type of players are you hoping for?

Both. ^^)

Well, we're looking at Adam, with that deal very warm and expected to go through. Omar Cummings isn't ******* (sadly, considering the puntacular front line we'd then have), but Samba is apparently being bandied around as a name. Also, Spahic as a left-back is being considered as a replacement for Warnock.

Some weird info on the Ashley Young situation. In my local paper (watford observer) one of the groups who are planning to takeover watford are under the impression that Ashley Young is going to be sold in this or the next transfer window.
We're more or less resigned to losing him next window, I think, but not this one.

In an unrelated note, just thought I'd share with you the hilariously badly shopped picture of Bent's head on what looks like Young's body:

9AG9z.jpg

Some%20weird%20info%20on%20the%20Ashley%20Young%20situation.%20In%20my%20local%20paper%20%28watford%20observer%29%20one%20of%20the%20groups%20who%20are%20planning%20to%20takeover%20watford%20are%20under%20the%20impression%20that%20Ashley%20Young%20is%20going%20to%20be%20sold%20in%20this%20or%20the%20next%20transfer%20window.

Last edited:
Villa aren't finished, or you aren't finished? ;)

What other type of players are you hoping for?
I think you seriously need a creative MC, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Delph and Hogg don't really cut it in that department. A Kranjcar for example would be great...

I think you seriously need a creative MC, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Delph and Hogg don't really cut it in that department. A Kranjcar for example would be great...

Or Charlie Adam ;) If Warnock's going, won't you need a LB too?

Or an Adam. I'd love Kranjcar. Delph's hardly bad at creating, and you've missed out the mad Scotsman Barry Bannan, who is a Xavi-esque deep playmaker but not afraid to run with the ball.

Or Charlie Adam ;) If Warnock's going, won't you need a LB too?

Yeup, hence the reason we're ferreting around people like Spahic. We could play Walker there, of course...

Both. ^^)

Well, we're looking at Adam, with that deal very warm and expected to go through. Omar Cummings isn't ******* (sadly, considering the puntacular front line we'd then have), but Samba is apparently being bandied around as a name. Also, Spahic as a left-back is being considered as a replacement for Warnock.

We're more or less resigned to losing him next window, I think, but not this one.

In an unrelated note, just thought I'd share with you the hilariously badly shopped picture of Bent's head on what looks like Young's body:

9AG9z.jpg

Some%20weird%20info%20on%20the%20Ashley%20Young%20situation.%20In%20my%20local%20paper%20%28watford%20observer%29%20one%20of%20the%20groups%20who%20are%20planning%20to%20takeover%20watford%20are%20under%20the%20impression%20that%20Ashley%20Young%20is%20going%20to%20be%20sold%20in%20this%20or%20the%20next%20transfer%20window.

Lol, saw the original ad when I was on the site reading the bent story and it was ashley young. Nice try from the people who edited it though :P

Been confirmed that Darren Bent will wear the number 39 shirt for Aston Villa until next season.

Rumoured to be going through about Thursday time (Suarez). Apparently we're his preferred club, but I imagine there'll be some late drama.

Been confirmed that Darren Bent will wear the number 39 shirt for Aston Villa until next season.

DB39... hm. Not quite a ring to it, but it'll do.

I've gone from being in the depths of despair to ecstasy in the space of a week. Talk about one extreme to another... MON not signing a player untill the last day of the window to Houllier signing a player practically every week. I used to dread these transfer windows under MON's management but this has been an amazing January.

Rumours travelling around Birmingham regarding a Bendtner loan deal to Brum, apparently. Might be a decent signing for them, and has history there.

Last edited:
I heard Benfica are after Funes Mori again rumor has it we offered 10million euros for his this time.

It's just not gonna sound right over the tannoy when he's getting man of the match for a hat-trick every game |)

It'll be **** fine hearing "And the scorer... DARREN BENNNT!" though, won't it? ;)

Interesting rumours doing the rounds about Michael Owen to Brum...

Last edited:
Mauro Formica is close to sign with Blackpool, for a fee of 4M of euros
he is a very good, young, argentinian AMC, very talented

Shay Given also rumoured for Villa. **** me, this is good stuff.

Both. ^^)

Well, we're looking at Adam, with that deal very warm and expected to go through. Omar Cummings isn't ******* (sadly, considering the puntacular front line we'd then have)

Oh God, I can just imagine a Saturday afternoon, Aston Villa have scored three, and Jeff Stelling screaming the scorers are Young, Bent and *******.

- Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is preparing a substantial bid for Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie as he looks to address his lack of effective striking options.

- Fulham are ready to swoop for Southampton's highly rated teenage midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, with his proposed £10m switch to Arsenal on the verge of breaking down.

Fulham?! Gotta love some of the **** you get out of the gossip section.

It'll be **** fine hearing "And the scorer... DARREN BENNNT!" though, won't it? ;)

Interesting rumours doing the rounds about Michael Owen to Brum...

It will make me so happy, i've booked the downstairs tv from my mom for the game on Saturday, turns out I can't go cus my friend has work :|

Not heard the Owen rumour, if they want a live medical room table weight then they can go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back