The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modric? Out of every player in the world you could have you'd choose Modric. He is a very good player, but doesn't have that magic to change a game in an instant, or if he does I've very rarely seen it... Surely you'd rather Fabregas/Gourcuff/ even Wilshere...
guess you missed the bit where we DMF said realistically. Would have said Gourcuff but he went to Lyon, indeed all last season i talked about gourcuff. But Godcubed sums up those two in his reply: I'd have Modric over Gourcuff any day. More versatile, works harder, is more consistent, and already adapted to the Prem. Also, since when has Modric lacked "that magic"? He's chock full of flair.

Modric dictates games like a maestro, thats exactly the kind of player we need in the middle, let rooney, berbs, hernandez, nani et al create the moments of magic that get the goals, whithout scholes we often lack creative control of the middle, he would give us that back in spades.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I can't see us signing a striker. Im shocked that we are even bidding that much for a player in the window mate.
i cant see you getting a striker either, If you get Luiz that will be the only piece of business im my opinion

The David Luiz deal is being talked up more and more. I wouldnt want to sign him if it will hinder Bruma's chances though. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6673041,00.html

Chelsea should in my opinion be trying to tie down this lad!!! And here is another reason why as he scored 4 for the Brazil U20's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjomotMs5to"]YouTube - NEYMAR SHOW vs Paraguay 4 GOALS[/ame]

Last edited:
If Johnson goes to Spurs for £15m I'd be ecstatic, use it to get a LB/CB/DM/Suarez then play Kelly at RB. Job's a good'un.

Romelu Lukaku agreed to a transfer to Man City this summer according to the French Sport/FootMagazine. They say his agents are in Manchester today (wednesday) to seal the deal.

:'(

Romelu Lukaku agreed to a transfer to Man City this summer according to the French Sport/FootMagazine. They say his agents are in Manchester today (wednesday) to seal the deal.

:'(

If ever is the time to steal an agent for a couple of hours fergie, now is that time

Poulsen? (A)

After having a bit of time to develop a formulated response to this, I've come to the conclusion that this man has the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, as much potency in the tackle as Pele's erectile dysfunction advert, the heading ability of the Sleepy Hollow horseman and passes about as well as the world's largest kidney stone.

Last edited:
Chelsea are close to agreeing a fee for David Luiz apparently. Thought to be around the 25M mark.

If it does happen I will be very pleased. Brana can go back to RB, or even Luiz can play there.

After having a bit of time to develop a formulated response to this, I've come to the conclusion that this man has the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, as much potency in the tackle as Pele's erectile dysfunction advert, the heading ability of the Sleepy Hollow horseman and passes about as well as the world's largest kidney stone.

Oh, very well played, good sir.

This would be even more funny if it was an exaggeration!

Chelsea are close to agreeing a fee for David Luiz apparently. Thought to be around the 25M mark.

If it does happen I will be very pleased. Brana can go back to RB, or even Luiz can play there.

Some of the better games i saw off him last season were with him at LB and Coentrao at ML

Big whispers swirling 'round Villa Park (Again. Sorry to all of you bored to death by my incessant transfer chatter) that there might be something in the offing. Whether it's the Adam deal or something rather more interesting, it's not confirmed yet. All I can gather is that Seb Larsson will not be coming to Villa.

Big whispers swirling 'round Villa Park (Again. Sorry to all of you bored to death by my incessant transfer chatter) that there might be something in the offing. Whether it's the Adam deal or something rather more interesting, it's not confirmed yet. All I can gather is that Seb Larsson will not be coming to Villa.

I don't like Larsson anyway so that's good.
Wouldn't mind Adam, need a centre back and a left back too though

Bit more stuff filtering through. Apparently, it's targets - as in the plural - and wierd rumours about Lerner's Chinese contacts for some reason...

Chinese contacts?
I heard we were after Honda earlier but he's Japanese isn't he?

Literally the best transfer window i've known, great things coming through for us, I think Blackpool are overvaluing Adam though, he's not got long left on his contract, the same as us with Ash really, they'll both only have a year left at the end of this season

I don't know too much about Suarez but with his record of being more than controversial i'd say that'd cut his fee down a bit, Ajax getting silly now.

Would like to see Suarez at Anfield, although i cant really see it happining with Spurs also being linked with him.

New targets coming to light a bit more now. Moussa Sissoko, Aly Cissokho, Taye Taiwo, Charlie Adam, Emir Spahic all linked to Villa, with Adam and Taiwo in particular.

Just heard a rumour rangers have asked to take Joshua King from Man Utd on loan till the end of teh season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back