The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he will move this window! he said he wants to wait for a big move!

I doubt he will move this window! he said he wants to wait for a big move!

Blackpool -> Liverpool is a massive move.

Just because they aren't playing well doesn't make them a worse club. They're still one of the biggest clubs in Europe/World.

Blackpool -> Liverpool is a massive move.

Just because they aren't playing well doesn't make them a worse club. They're still one of the biggest clubs in Europe/World.
exactly, they still have tremendous pull

Personally hope Adam stays at Blackpool and helps to keep them in the PL for another season, then his work is done and no-one would begrudge him a move to a bigger club. I just feel if he left now he'd be leaving without finishing off the job him and Holloway started.

Dosen't Adam play in a role just behind the striker?

Not quite. Loath as I am to describe a player with as workmanlike a name as Charlie Adam a deep-lying regista, I'm afraid that's the closest description to him.

EDIT: Speaking of Adam...

Ian Holloway said:
The midfielder they’ve bought for £6m (Jean Makoun) says it all. If he is better than Charlie, I might as well pack it in.

The above is part of the latest of a long, long line of irritating and annoying comments made by Holloway. I'm quickly going off him. Does he really know nothing? Jean Makoun is an experienced Champions League standard player who has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Two years ago Charlie Adam was a backup for Rangers, before being signed for a truly whopping 500k. And now Holloway reckons he's worth something like 8 mil? **** off.

Source from Daily Heil, but contains direct quotes if anyones interested: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pool-boss-Ian-Holloway.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Ooh and I've just noticed another gem.

the mad orange man said:
They are trying to steal Charlie from me. I’m resigned to losing Charlie, but it should all be done respectfully, not by letting it be known you’ve made this bid or that bid.

Hope he realises he was the one who made the bids public? Agh... what a word removed that man is...

Last edited:
I've never lost respect for someone as quickly as this before, he's being a complete **** at the moment, all his commenting too is actually probably more unsettling for Adam than the bids.

Charlie Adam 1/10 on to join Liverpool...

Wasn't Frank Ribery 1/10 last summer to join us?... Jus' sayin.

Odds mean very little, bookies just go with the flow. So for all we know, some clueless old man has lumped £5k on him joining us, so to cut their losses they shorten odds. Simples.

Saying that, I would like to see him at us playing in the 'Alonso role'.

Report: Liverpool's £18.5 Million Offer for Luis Suarez Could Get Deal Done

Liverpool's initial bid for striker Luis Suarez was reportedly worth about half of what Ajax was looking for. Now, however, it appears as though Liverpool has closed the gap considerably, and a deal could soon follow.

According to Daily Mail, Liverpool has upped its initial bid of £10.95 million ($17.38 million) to £18 million ($28.58 million). Ajax was reportedly seeking £20 million ($31.75 million) for the Uruguayan star, but £18 million certainly might be enough to get the job done, despite Ajax's insistence that it's not enough.

While the rumors have been spreading for weeks, Damien Comolli finally confirmed them on Friday.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/report-l...deal-done.html

Adam - Supposedly £6.5m has been agreed and he'll join after Blackpools game on Tuesday. SSN behind as usual with their supposed contacts.

Not quite. Loath as I am to describe a player with as workmanlike a name as Charlie Adam a deep-lying regista, I'm afraid that's the closest description to him.

EDIT: Speaking of Adam...

The above is part of the latest of a long, long line of irritating and annoying comments made by Holloway. I'm quickly going off him. Does he really know nothing? Jean Makoun is an experienced Champions League standard player who has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Two years ago Charlie Adam was a backup for Rangers, before being signed for a truly whopping 500k. And now Holloway reckons he's worth something like 8 mil? **** off.

Source from Daily Heil, but contains direct quotes if anyones interested: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pool-boss-Ian-Holloway.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Ooh and I've just noticed another gem.

Hope he realises he was the one who made the bids public? Agh... what a word removed that man is...

Houllier suggests that they might make another move...Holloway is a bit stupid tbh. he said Adams is good enough for United...no way seriously. He is good at long balls but he has no pace. He is overvalued by Holloway.

Houllier suggests that they might make another move...Holloway is a bit stupid tbh. he said Adams is good enough for United...no way seriously. He is good at long balls but he has no pace. He is overvalued by Holloway.

Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi have even less pace. You don't need pace to be a regista.

Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi have even less pace. You don't need pace to be a regista.

ye, but this guy is lacking many other things too. Gotta say that this was an bargain for Holloway for 500k...but if he asks for more than 5m, it's weird. He reminds me a bit of Barry, he has got no pace either :D But to compare this guy to xavi, pirlo, alonso...no way. They all got 10x more football brain than this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back