The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Why would Real Madrid even consider a loan bid for Benzema who is, erm, their only currently fit out-and-out striker?
If there is anything they might be in the market for, it would be a backup for Benzema, not ways to sell him/send him out on loan.

Maybe because Mr Mourinho doesnt like him? And he doesnt get much playing time

Last edited:
Because Mr Mourinho doesnt like him? And he doesnt get much playing time

He just explained why he would get playing time. Also, don't know where you heard Mourinho doesn't like him. He's just been behind a more talented striker in the pecking order.

He just explained why he would get playing time. Also, don't know where you heard Mourinho doesn't like him. He's just been behind a more talented striker in the pecking order.

I was meant to put maybe before the Mourinho bit, my bad.

ARSENE JUST OFFER MONEY FOR SAMBA NOT SOME 17YR OLD WINGER :S

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is hoping to push through a deal to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton. The 17-year-old midfielder has also been linked with Liverpool, Tottenham and Fulham, but Wenger is eager to steal a march on his rivals.
"We will try now," Wenger said. "We need an agreement with Southampton, we need an agreement with the player.
"We are not the only ones on the case, but we try as hard as we can because I like him as a player."
Wenger is hoping Arsenal's reputation for turning promising young players, such as Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshire, into established stars will help persuade Oxlade-Chamberlain to choose the north London outfit.
But he may face an obstacle in the form of Saints manager Nigel Adkins, who said earlier this month he is determined to keep hold of the youngster.
The son of former England international Mark Chamberlain, Oxlade-Chamberlain joined Southampton's youth system aged seven and at the age of 16 years and 199 days became the club's second-youngest debutant, after Walcott, in March 2010.
He scored on his full debut in a 2-0 Carling Cup win over Bournemouth in August just before his 17th birthday and signed a three-year professional contract with the club a week later.
Having started out as a central midfielder, Oxlade-Chamberlain has become a Saints regular on the wing this season, scoring eight goals in 19 starts.

link

Last edited:
Just watching Chelsea TV and former player Tommy Langley said he is close to the Benfica president and is having lunch with him tomorrow. And he knows for a fact its either Chelsea or knowone for Luiz but Benfica want 30million.

He also stated Chelsea are in talks to sign a player who is playing at the highest level and we want to bring him in on loan until the end of the season. He said he is a young lad who plays anywhere in midfield but cant name who it is??

Just watching Chelsea TV and former player Tommy Langley said he is close to the Benfica president and is having lunch with him tomorrow. And he knows for a fact its either Chelsea or knowone for Luiz but Benfica want 30million.

He also stated Chelsea are in talks to sign a player who is playing at the highest level and we want to bring him in on loan until the end of the season. He said he is a young lad who plays anywhere in midfield but cant name who it is??

Hmm.. I can't even think of anyone who can play all across the midfield that would be available on loan :S

Would have said Pienaar but he's gone to Spurs and doubt you would have loaned him anyway...

Last edited:
Hmm.. I can't even think of anyone who can play all across the midfield that would be available on loan :S

Would have said Pienaar but he's gone to Spurs and doubt you would have loaned him anyway...

Joe Cole? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back