The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Masch requested to leave - Alonso also wanted to leave.

Alonso was sold too cheaply and we should have gotten more.

Reina is one of the top keepers in the planet and I would have him over Neuer any time.

That is what i meant. No way Liverpool will accept any bid if Reina doesn't push for the transfer. Alonso and Mascha did. If Reina also chooses same path then i dont see him going for more than 20-23 Million, That is way too much for a GK even if you are a top keeper.

And do you think Mr. Commolli and Kenny will sell for less?

It was under Rafa those two left from, who was not the greatest in the market, to say the least.

XD

Mascha was one of the best DM in the world and you sold him for 18 Million, Xabi for 30 odd. No way anyone will buy GK for that price.

Neuer will easily replace him and given the choice i would prefer Neuer anyday of the week.

Will see for how much he will be sold (If that ever happens).

Mascherano threw a hissy fit and Hodgson was hardly in a position to negotiate with Barca. Xabi also requested a transfer, but Reina is as good at his job as Alonso, so why shouldn't he go for a similar price?

Reina > Neuer, by a mile.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

That is what i meant. No way Liverpool will accept any bid if Reina doesn't push for the transfer. Alonso and Mascha did. If Reina also chooses same path then i dont see him going for more than 20-23 Million, That is way too much for a GK even if you are a top keeper.

Care to tell me why Buffon went to Juve for £33 million then? And that was a few years ago. Buffon wasn't even thought of as one of the best in the world back then either.

Mascherano threw a hissy fit and Hodgson was hardly in a position to negotiate with Barca. Xabi also requested a transfer, but Reina is as good at his job as Alonso, so why shouldn't he go for a similar price?

Reina > Neuer, by a mile.

Coz GK costs less than Midfielders and strikers. So..

I didn't say Liverpool will accept the bid when Reina wants to stay. When he wants to leave obviously he will request transfer same way like Alonso did.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Care to tell me why Buffon went to Juve for £33 million then? And that was a few years ago. Buffon wasn't even thought of as one of the best in the world back then either.

The only time that ever happened? Buffon was the best keeper then. Not one of the best. He was the best. And Serie A had so much money they were throwing money as if they didn't care. They spend similar amount on defenders too which is not the case now.

I thought that Reina had some sort of release clause in his contract anyway that was around the £20m mark?

Chelsea has signed young Lucas Piazon too.

Schwarzer to Arsenal/anywhere, Stockdale as next season number 1 and Manninger as backup hopefully.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish wants to beat Chelsea to the signing of Wigan star James McCarthy - the one who got away from Anfield.

Dalglish is determined to land Glasgow-born Ireland starlet McCarthy as part of a major summer overhaul.

And the legendary manager thinks that he can persuade McCarthy to pick Merseyside ahead of London for his next move, which looks increasingly likecoming at the end of the season.

Chelsea wanted to land McCarthy in January and are still in the chase for him - although the exit of director of football Frank Arnesen leaves a *question mark over their desperation for him.

Now Dalglish, poised to get theLiverpool job full-time, has decided to home in on McCarthy who was set to sign for former boss Rafa Benitez as a kid but opted to stay with Hamilton Accies.

McCarthy has already been to Liverpool's HQ and played in a training game - when he was just 16 - and Benitez was keen to take him only for the top prospect to decide that first-team football with Hamilton was better.

Dalglish does not want to miss out on McCarthy again and thinks he would be ideal for a new-look squad that would also include fellow Scot Charlie Adam from Blackpool. McCarthy signed for Wigan and has proved himself to be one of the best young all-round midfielders in the top flight. Chelsea are willing to pay up to £7million for him.

Liverpool will match and *possibly better that if Dalglish gets the money to invest.

And he hopes the quiet lad will prefer to stay in the area rather than be drawn to the capital.

McCarthy has forged close friendships with some of the Latics team and may be happier to remain in the north west, which is also closer to his tight-knit family home in Glasgow.

Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has hinted he is ready to listen to Manchester United's overtures, possibly paving the way for a record-breaking £30m-plus transfer.
Full story: Daily Mirror
Manchester United are weighing up a move for Werder Bremen's vastly experienced centre-back Per Mertesacker this summer.
Full story: Caught Offside
Bayern Munich are the latest club to join the race for Arsenal defender Gael Clichy.
Full story: talkSPORT
Palermo have suggested they are expecting bids from a number of English clubs including Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea for midfielder Javier Pastore in the summer.
Full story: Metro
A host of Europe's top clubs are gearing up for a summer battle for Gareth Bale after Tottenham made an approach to sign Lyon's Michael Bastos as a replacement, according to reports in the Italian press.
Germany World Cup star Miroslav Klose set to seal free transfer to Tottenham this summer.
Full story: Daily Mail
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is preparing a big money offer for soon to be out of contract Hamburg striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.
Chelsea want to reunite Fernando Torres with his former Atletico Madrid strike partner Sergio Aguero at Stamford Bridge.
David Luiz has urged Brazil team-mate Neymar to join him at Chelsea after the striker admitted he wants to move to Europe.
Bosnia striker Vedad Ibisevic wanted by Midlands duo Aston Villa and West Brom.
Full story: Daily Mail
Manchester United have agreed a deal with Atletico Madrid to sign young keeper David de Gea this summer, according to reports in the Spanish press.
Brazilian playmaker Ganso vows to honour his Santos contract and shun Chelsea, Spurs and Inter Milan.
Liverpool's Lucas is being lined up for a £3m move to Napoli as the Reds continue to track Blackpool star Charlie Adam as a central midfield replacement.
Liverpool will reportedly attempt to land Inter Milan left-back Davide Santon by offering Alberto Aquilani in return for the talented young Italian international.
Blackburn manager Steve Kean has confirmed Rovers want to take Hamburg's Ruud van Nistelrooy on a free transfer.
Tottenham are lining up a summer move for Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo, according to reports in Spain.
Birmingham are tracking 15-goal Dundee United and Scotland striker David Goodwillie, who is also a target for Rangers.

with napoli all but in the CL and still well in the title race, its highly unlikely he'll go anywhere else, him lavezzi and hamsik have a formidable understanding
What about when you take Hamsik off there hands this summer? Oh and missed you <3

Klose would be a better signing for Spurs than Ruud. However, I wouldn't really buy either of them for first team. If I was Harry Redknapp, I would go for Lavezzi.

Sources from Portugal are claiming that Fabio Coentrao is close to signing a 5-year deal with Bayern Munich to join them in the summer. And fee is believed to be 25m euros.

Idk if it's true. But wouldn't be suprised if it was. Bayern needs quality defenders. Shame really...would have liked him at City.

Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle and Bolton are the English sides interested in Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel. Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Werder Bremen and Bayer Leverkusen are also looking.

Man U have apparently agreed a deal to sign David De Gea in the summer.

Lucas Leiva is a target for Napoli, as Liverpool look to Charlie Adam as his replacement.

Liverpool's Lucas is being lined up for a £3m move to Napoli as the Reds continue to track Blackpool star Charlie Adam as a central midfield replacement.

Is it just me, or does that sound like a serious under-evaluation. I would have thought Lucas was worth at least 10m :S

Sources from Portugal are claiming that Fabio Coentrao is close to signing a 5-year deal with Bayern Munich to join them in the summer. And fee is believed to be 25m euros.

Idk if it's true. But wouldn't be suprised if it was. Bayern needs quality defenders. Shame really...would have liked him at City.
Where the heck would he fit in?!

Nikola Mihaylov, who joined Liverpool the other year, but work permit failed, and sold to Twente.We have a re-buy clause..He said he wants to re-join Liverpool, if Reina leaves. If Reina does go, Mihaylov would be a great replacement, top keeper.

Man U have apparently agreed a deal to sign David De Gea in the summer.

GOD I hope that's true, the heir to Iker's throne in a United shirt...brings a happy tear to the eye :'(

Is it just me, or does that sound like a serious under-evaluation. I would have thought Lucas was worth at least 10m :S

Normally, yes. But he is approaching the last 12 months of his contract now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6842295,00.html

Great news, should add some more depth to the squad along with the return of Welbeck, Macheda and Cleverley we should have a much better squad next year. IMO the players will be De Gea/Neuer, Rodwell and Ashley Young.

De Gea, Rodwell and Young sound good - although I see Pastore/Sneijder joining too (6)

Reckon Owen, Hargreaves, Evans and Obertan will leave in the Summer. Meaning a possible move onto the wing for Welbeck, with our 4 strikers being Macheda, Berbatov, Rooney and Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back