The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea, Rodwell and Young sound good - although I see Pastore/Sneijder joining too (6)

Reckon Owen, Hargreaves, Evans and Obertan will leave in the Summer. Meaning a possible move onto the wing for Welbeck, with our 4 strikers being Macheda, Berbatov, Rooney and Hernandez.

Pastore or Sneijder would be nice but signing them would depend on how much SAF has been given. Agree about Owen and Obertan moving on but I think Evans will definitely stay and I think Hargreaves may sign another contract but a pay per play deal.

De Gea, Rodwell and Young sound good - although I see Pastore/Sneijder joining too (6)

Reckon Owen, Hargreaves, Evans and Obertan will leave in the Summer. Meaning a possible move onto the wing for Welbeck, with our 4 strikers being Macheda, Berbatov, Rooney and Hernandez.
Evans isnt leaving, he's just had a tough last year

if anything wes brown is leaving, he almost did in jan

If I'm honest I forgot about Wes Brown, but I expect a defender to leave in the summer with Rodwell being brought in as cover for him and for the midfield.

Brown and Hargreaves to leave, with Rodwell to replace them both.
Owen to leave, Macheda and Welbeck to replace.
Obertan to leave (permanent or loan), Cleverly and Young to replace.
Pastore/Sneijer to come in as the eventual replacement for Scholes.

I think the Smallings development and another argument with SAF was the final straw for Brown. Shouldn't be too much of a loss as he hasn't been the same since his own goal at Anfield. However the fitness of Ferdinand may dictate whether or not he leaves.

If I'm honest I forgot about Wes Brown, but I expect a defender to leave in the summer with Rodwell being brought in as cover for him and for the midfield.

Brown and Hargreaves to leave, with Rodwell to replace them both.
Owen to leave, Macheda and Welbeck to replace.
Obertan to leave (permanent or loan), Cleverly and Young to replace.
Pastore/Sneijer to come in as the eventual replacement for Scholes.
that pretty much sums it up for me. plus a GK. that would be an excellent summer's work

that pretty much sums it up for me. plus a GK. that would be an excellent summer's work

Yeah completely forgot..

De Gea/Neuer/Adler and I'd be happy. Although Kuszczak will pprobably leave too.

Where the heck would he fit in?!

Are you asking where Coentrao would fit in City?

If so...he would take the left-back spot from Kolarov :D Who is pretty avarge. And we currently only have 1 natural left back. So i would guess that we would sign someone there anyways. And he could also play left wing..good cover there :D

But it's the Portuguese and German media that are reporting that he is going to Bayern.

And i have asked some guys about how reliable these sources are. And it sounds like they are pretty reliable.

Hum, I doubt Coentrão will go to Bayern, and he certainly won't go to a no history club like City, and there is suposedly a deal between Benfica and Real Madrid, Coentrão will probably go to Real, wouldn't mind if he went to Bayern, just want him to go a huge club.

I really want Hargreaves to stay, i feel so sorry for the guy hes a fantastic player and i think a pay as you play deal would suit both parties.

I would like United to bring in: De Gea, Rodwell, Young and sneijder.

Hum, I doubt Coentrão will go to Bayern, and he certainly won't go to a no history club like City, and there is suposedly a deal between Benfica and Real Madrid, Coentrão will probably go to Real, wouldn't mind if he went to Bayern, just want him to go a huge club.

Well it looks like he will go to Bayern. They need defenders. Certainly not to City? Lol..you know that of course? Are you Coentraos agent? It didin't stop many other players from going to City. There is not only the history..there is also the future.

Also..there is no deal that he will go to Real Madrid. What would he do there? They already have Marcelo. Who is probly the best attacking left-back in the world now.

And i doubt Mourinho need a back-up of either Coentraos or Marcelos quality. Mourinho doesn't even use rotation much.

Last edited:
Coentrao has been linked with us as well, although I think we will get Michael Kadlec instead. We are also linked to Alexis Sanchez and Eden Hazard.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Where the heck would he fit in?!

Nikola Mihaylov, who joined Liverpool the other year, but work permit failed, and sold to Twente.We have a re-buy clause..He said he wants to re-join Liverpool, if Reina leaves. If Reina does go, Mihaylov would be a great replacement, top keeper.
Coentrao > Badstuber. He would play LB or backup for LW. A bit like Gareth Bale to be honest, except he can defend well.

I think we will sign Sneijder (very heavily linked with him) and either Adler or De Gea (Neuer wants to stay in Germany) and maybe Rodwell betending on whether we sell Hargreaves or Carrick. Really dont want us to sign Ashley Young, he is no better than Nani or Valencia imo.

Well Carrick won't be leaving considering he signed a new contract a few weeks back.

paul scholes - sneijder
ryan giggs - welback pushed into wing
wes brown - Rodwell
jonny evans - chris smalling
gabriel obertan - ashley young
VDS - de gea
michael carrick - pastore

people leaving/retiring on the left and there replaements on the right

what do you think??

paul scholes - sneijder
ryan giggs - welback pushed into wing
wes brown - Rodwell
jonny evans - chris smalling
gabriel obertan - ashley young
VDS - de gea
michael carrick - pastore

people leaving/retiring on the left and there replaements on the right

what do you think??

Scholes will still be there next season.
Giggs will too.
If Evans leaves, Smalling won't replace him as he's already ahead of him in the pecking order.
Obertan and Young yeah.
VDS and De Gea yeah.
Carrick won't be leaving. Hargreaves probably will and he would be replaced by another defensive player - Rodwell.

We won't sign both Pastore and Sneijder. If any, it will be just one.

I think we will sign Sneijder (very heavily linked with him) and either Adler or De Gea (Neuer wants to stay in Germany) and maybe Rodwell betending on whether we sell Hargreaves or Carrick. Really dont want us to sign Ashley Young, he is no better than Nani or Valencia imo.

This. If we can't get Rodwell then we should be looking at signing M'vila or maybe even Lass Diarra because we certainly need a holding midfielder.

I'd prefer De Gea over Adler, but if Neuer was to change his mind then he'd be my first choice.

Sneijder would obviously be fantastic, but I have my doubts that we'll have the money to sign him.

Ashley Young is way too cocky for my liking and is clearly inferior to Nani & Valencia. We don't need wingers, but if we were to sign one I certainly wouldn't want it to be Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back