The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are rumoured to be after Canales from Real Madrid. Full story here http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-in-the-hunt-for-canales-report

Also, Liverpool are after Davide Santon, and want to use Aquilani as a swap http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-to-offer-aquilani-in-10m-inter-swap

And, last but not least. Liverpool are after, Charlie Adam, Matt Jarvis and Ashley Young. Full story here http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/dalglish-targets-trio

Canales would be nice, maybe a long-term replacement for Steven Gerrard?

Santon would also be good, can play both sides and would be a useful left-back if we don't sign another. If we do, he would be useful cover for both flanks.

Charlie Adam? Yes please. Matt Jarvis? Yes please. Ashley Young? Yes please.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lucas-signs-new-reds-deal

Last edited:
Is there any West Brom rumours knocking around? i heard we were after some japanese keeper :)

paul scholes - sneijder
ryan giggs - welback pushed into wing
wes brown - Rodwell
jonny evans - chris smalling
gabriel obertan - ashley young
VDS - de gea
michael carrick - pastore

people leaving/retiring on the left and there replaements on the right

what do you think??

Why are so many United fans hoping for Sneijder/Pastore kind of players. Those will costs alot and Fergie said that it will probly be young and pretty unknown players. I doubt United have the cash to spend 30-50m on Sneijder or Pastore.

2-3 players?...didin't he say it was Hernandez and that kind of young talent they are looking for. So United will probly not make any huge money signings. Just what i believe.

Last edited:
Why are so many United fans hoping for Sneijder/Pastore kind of players. Those will costs alot and Fergie said that it will probly be young and pretty unknown players. I doubt United have the cash to spend 30-50m on Sneijder or Pastore.

2-3 players?...didin't he say it was Hernandez and that kind of young talent they are looking for. So United will probly not make any huge money signings.

He is not likely to say what he really wants is he. Otherwise prices will go up, He is playing it cool..

He will more likely go to Bayern than for City, that's for sure, he'll have more chances of winning titles there. But that thing with Real is real though, Mourinho is pretty interested in him, I know Marcelo is excellent but Mourinho knows what he is doing, and you don't know more than a Benfica supporter about our bussiness, believe me, Real Madrid's interessest on him is real, and I bet he'd preffer to stay in Benfica, as he loves the club, then going to city.

Well it looks like he will go to Bayern. They need defenders. Certainly not to City? Lol..you know that of course? Are you Coentraos agent? It didin't stop many other players from going to City. There is not only the history..there is also the future.

Also..there is no deal that he will go to Real Madrid. What would he do there? They already have Marcelo. Who is probly the best attacking left-back in the world now.

And i doubt Mourinho need a back-up of either Coentraos or Marcelos quality. Mourinho doesn't even use rotation much.

I wouldnt get to excited About Santon, he hasnt really progressed in 2 season now. Not the player his talent sugested a few years ago, no better then Johnson really.

He's better than Johnson is currently that's for sure. He's defensively very solid and his crossing is very good, if only Inter had stable management, he could have become a fantastic full-back. Still, rather have Santon than Aquilani back.

He will more likely go to Bayern than for City, that's for sure, he'll have more chances of winning titles there. But that thing with Real is real though, Mourinho is pretty interested in him, I know Marcelo is excellent but Mourinho knows what he is doing, and you don't know more than a Benfica supporter about our bussiness, believe me, Real Madrid's interessest on him is real, and I bet he'd preffer to stay in Benfica, as he loves the club, then going to city.

Believe me..there is no challenge for him in Portugal anymore. He will leave in the summer. And especially if City go to CL. Im sure he would be interested.

But you can't be sure that City even are interested. Our head scout said he is an "interesting player"...so City are scouting him yes. But it doesn't cnofirm that we are trying to sign him. And if he has other options. Well it look like he will go to Bayern but thats not the case untilit's official.

Liverpool have also been linked and many other big clubs too... yeah..Mourinho is interested because he is Portuguese. And Mourinho likes Portuguese players. But he is too good to sitt on the bench and the same goes Marcelo now.

Yeh..i might not know more than you. But to say that he wouldn't go to City...you simply cannot know. Even if you are a benfica fan.

Last edited:

2-3 players?...didin't he say it was Hernandez and that kind of young talent they are looking for. So United will probly not make any huge money signings. Just what i believe.

This is Fergie we're talking about. Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

Or go with the exact opposite possibility and there's your probable answer. United will spend money this summer.

There is no challenge? There is but that's not point, the point is that benfica, like all portuguese clubs, are selling clubs, and have to sell their best players to rich teams in europe, that's the point.
The Bayern thing isn't really that close of happening, the newspaper that put that artcile up is.. pretty dubious.
But as City are filthy rich, the only to get Coentrão is to pay 30 million euros, but ****, he's worth it.

Believe me..there is no challenge for him in Portugal anymore. He will leave in the summer. And especially if City go to CL. Im sure he would be interested.

But you can't be sure that City even are interested. Our head scout said he is an "interesting player"...so City are scouting him yes. But it doesn't cnofirm that we are trying to sign him. And if he has other options. Well it look like he will go to Bayern but thats not the case untilit's official.

Liverpool have also been linked and many other big clubs too... yeah..Mourinho is interested because he is Portuguese. And Mourinho likes Portuguese players. But he is too good to sitt on the bench and the same goes Marcelo now.

Yeh..i might not know more than you. But to say that he wouldn't go to City...you simply cannot know. Even if you are a benfica fan.

Coentrao will leave Benfica. I don't see why he'd go to City if bigger clubs get bids accepted unless they offer him big money, but then again I don't know whether he's the type of player who is driven by money. I know we're interested, however if we don't make Europe I expect he'd give us a miss (that is if we get an offer accepted) although Bayern are also looking likely to miss out on the Champions League. We'll see in the summer.

This is Fergie we're talking about. Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

Or go with the exact opposite possibility and there's your probable answer. United will spend money this summer.

Well your right about the "pinch of salt". And im sure they will spend. It's just the amounts i dont believe they will spend. Like world class players like Sneijder or Pastore. Because they will cost...alot. Im not gonna act like an financial expert but i know it's not going well for United finances. How it will affect the spending idk...but i think Fergie is telling mostly the truth when he says they look for young not very well known players who are cheaper than those....

Sanchez, Hazard, Sneijder, Pastore... he has catched players like Chica, Ronaldo already...let's not forget it.

@Ben

Every top player wants good wages. But you gotta remember that City have great owners with huge ambition. I can see us being a CL regular soon. Because City is a long-term project.

Then again..are you suggesting that he would snub City for Liverpool? Liverpool are a great club and will probly always be attractive. However..most players probly still think about the future rather than history. And City will have great future.

I think Liverpool will too..because they now got the owners and always had the fan-base,

And with CL football next season..(maybe). We dont need to attract player with wages. Many will want to be part of the great future. Even if we would miss this season again..it's only in the beginning and City wil have a great future regardless of it.

Idk where Coentrao will end up and whice clubs are exactly interested in him. But City certainly are an attractive option to anyone.

Last edited:
Reckon Fergie will spend and spend big this summer. Last chance before the new financial rules come into play, and it's pretty clear that (no matter their dominance this year) the core of the squad needs refreshing.

@Ben

Every top player wants good wages. But you gotta remember that City have great owners with huge ambition. I can see us being a CL regular soon. Because City is a long-term project.

Then again..are you suggesting that he would snub City for Liverpool? Liverpool are a great club and will probly always be attractive. However..most players probly still think about the future rather than history. And City will have great future.

I think Liverpool will too..because they now got the owners and always had the fan-base,

And with CL football next season..(maybe). We dont need to attract player with wages. Many will want to be part of the great future.

Idk where Coentrao will end up and whice clubs are exactly interested in him. But City certainly are an attractive option to anyone.

No, I never said that. I guess, however, that if City and Liverpool were both in the CL and offered a player (Coentrao) an identical contract, he'd pick Liverpool. Pastore recently said he'd rather join United or Liverpool because of our history, we're household names and are more attractive.

We're improving again that's for sure.

No, I never said that. I guess, however, that if City and Liverpool were both in the CL and offered a player (Coentrao) an identical contract, he'd pick Liverpool. Pastore recently said he'd rather join United or Liverpool because of our history, we're household names and are more attractive.

We're improving again that's for sure.

Well ok. But that thing might change in years ;) It has already changed for Chelsea.

I agree that Liverpool are on the up. But so are City and they are nowdays regarded as an top club. Thats something i have noticed watching interview on top players.

Well Pastore said also that City are an option..after all...2 of his international teammates play there.

I think the CL spots for England chould/should be 5 soon. But i dont know if it will happen. But i would like so..because England have many clubs that are doing well in Europe.

Difference between Chelsea and Manchester City is we have won a good few Fa cups and a Euro Super cup before we were taken over (within 10 years of Roman came the Euro win)

+

In our second season under new management, we were champions.

In transfer related news, Can't see Coentrao adapting in the premier league at all, will be another waste like Bosingwa

Well your right about the "pinch of salt". And im sure they will spend. It's just the amounts i dont believe they will spend. Like world class players like Sneijder or Pastore. Because they will cost...alot. Im not gonna act like an financial expert but i know it's not going well for United finances. How it will affect the spending idk...but i think Fergie is telling mostly the truth when he says they look for young not very well known players who are cheaper than those....

Sanchez, Hazard, Sneijder, Pastore... he has catched players like Chica, Ronaldo already...let's not forget it.

Last figures showed 134million in the bank.

JUVENTUS have put Roberto Mancini on their shortlist to lead them into next season.

The Manchester City boss joins Napoli's Walter Mazzari and Zenit St Petersburg chief Luciano Spalletti.
Mancini may be keen on returning to his homeland to take charge of one of the Serie A's biggest clubs

READ MORE

Well Carrick won't be leaving considering he signed a new contract a few weeks back.

Didn't Sneijder sign one not too long ago aswell?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Not happening, he signed a new contract today.

Interesting, do we really need him though?...

Where would that leave Kelly? If it means putting Kelly as CB with Agger and starting to phase out Carra then yes please.

Adam - Yes.
Jarvis - Yes.
Young - Yes.

Oh gee, don't you just love rumours!

At Inter Santon has largely been a left back - although struggling to get in the team due to Chivu.

Difference between Chelsea and Manchester City is we have won a good few Fa cups and a Euro Super cup before we were taken over (within 10 years of Roman came the Euro win)

+

In our second season under new management, we were champions.

In transfer related news, Can't see Coentrao adapting in the premier league at all, will be another waste like Bosingwa

Bosingwa wasent a waste for me. He was excellent in his first season but he has found it hard to regain his form since his bad lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back