The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason for that at all?

He is the very same as Bosingwa tactically and in general, and Bosingwa has not adapted well to how physical it is at the moment, One could say Ashley Cole/Clichy are small framed aswell but they have been in this league for donkeys,

Coentrao would be better abroad somewhere.

He is the very same as Bosingwa tactically and in general, and Bosingwa has not adapted well to how physical it is at the moment, One could say Ashley Cole/Clichy are small framed aswell but they have been in this league for donkeys,

Coentrao would be better abroad somewhere.

Players are individuals. Everyone's unique. On the face of it Coentrao & Bosingwa have 2 things in common - they're both Portuguese & they can both play fullback. Surely everything else is down to them individually. We don't know anything about Coentrao's personal values or his adaptability. Time will tell.

Don't foist stereotypes on people.

Some people said David Luiz wouldn't adapt to the PL either, now people are saying he's one of the best defenders in the league.

Players are individuals. Everyone's unique. On the face of it Coentrao & Bosingwa have 2 things in common - they're both Portuguese & they can both play fullback. Surely everything else is down to them individually. We don't know anything about Coentrao's personal values or his adaptability. Time will tell.

Don't foist stereotypes on people.

Im basing my opinion on the fact I have seen Coentrao play a couple of times, and I saw Bosingwa play a couple of times before he joined Chelsea, They are so similar its unbelievable, not just the position or nationality.

Newcastle and ASton Villa are chasing Reading's Shane Long

Do Manchester United need another young striker, Macheda, Wellbeck, Hernandez, Rooney is already a big amount (and all are either are, or will be world class strikers in 2 years)

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Newcastle and ASton Villa are chasing Reading's Shane Long

He is without a doubt Irelands best striker at the moment. Fast, Strong, and has a decent shot on him, would be a great asset to either!

Do Manchester United need another young striker, Macheda, Wellbeck, Hernandez, Rooney is already a big amount (and all are either are, or will be world class strikers in 2 years)

TBH, I think Welbeck and Macheda will be shipped out this season or next. Rooney and Hernandez have proven to be a formidable partnership, and Berbatov is there for another 2-3 years too. Hernandez can only get better, and Macheda and Welbeck will only be loaned out over and over.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Spurs are rumoured to be interested in Michel Bastos, yet another midfielder.

Left winger. Doesn't make sense TBH, Bale almost plays there anyway, unless Arry wants cover, but that would be expensive cover, Bastos would cost a fair price.

Big discussion about Coentrão, I see him even joining Barça, don't forget they have ageing and sick Abidal, and Maxwell.

TBH, I think Welbeck and Macheda will be shipped out this season or next. Rooney and Hernandez have proven to be a formidable partnership, and Berbatov is there for another 2-3 years too. Hernandez can only get better, and Macheda and Welbeck will only be loaned out over and over.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Left winger. Doesn't make sense TBH, Bale almost plays there anyway, unless Arry wants cover, but that would be expensive cover, Bastos would cost a fair price.

Thinking about it, Bastos is also a DL, so maybe Assou-Ekotto isn't cutting it for him, I like Assou-Ekotto personally.

as a liverpool fan , wonder where aquallini will end up.. still think he could impress in the premier league..

i expect long to be in the premiership come the summer as well
neymar ???

as a liverpool fan , wonder where aquallini will end up.. still think he could impress in the premier league..

i expect long to be in the premiership come the summer as well
neymar ???

I just think Neymar is too fragile, he would just get raped in the prem.

I'm not so sure on that, with the right defensive tactics even Messi can be useless, but that doesn't happen very often eh XD

Tbf he did against Scotland, but the right defensive tactics and he would be useless.

Wasn't comparing the two, just using Messi as an example, they have simillar physical capacity, Neymar is a bit taller. And Messi even had a bone problem, he was weaker than the other kids when he was little.

True :) But Neymar is no where near as good as Messi ;)

But in the future he may be, I see your point.

Bastos can play anywhere down the left, but he won't be moving to Tottenham unless Bale is sold.

Neymar is unlikely to get a work permit, and just like Ganso he has stated many times in the media that he is wary of moving to Europe too early and wrecking his career like countless other young South Americans.

Coentrao seems ideal for Barcelona, and with rumoured interest from a number of top clubs, i can't see him moving to Liverpool to play in the Europa League.

Man Utd have long term targets in Rodwell and De Gea (/Neuer/Adler/Stekelenburg/Akinfeev/etc depending on who you believe) and i fully expect both to be chased and hopefully signed this summer.

Rumour has surrounded Bale as Giggsy's direct replacement for a long time, and as much as Spurs fans protest, his new contract simply means he will cost more. I expect a bid from Utd, whether Fergie actually gets his man could be a different matter.

Then theres the never ending question of the Scholes replacement. Pastore, Sneijder etc are recent rumours, but i expect Fergie to pluck a child from nowhere, or the relative unknown at least. If it's not a total nobody like Chicharito was, maybe someone like Eriksen at Ajax, or Merkel from AC Milan. Carrick's new contract could see us net maybe 8-12 million for him, which will probably pay for an unknown child to replace Archie as the creative force in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back