The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then theres the never ending question of the Scholes replacement. Pastore, Sneijder etc are recent rumours, but i expect Fergie to pluck a child from nowhere, or the relative unknown at least. If it's not a total nobody like Chicharito was, maybe someone like Eriksen at Ajax, or Merkel from AC Milan. Carrick's new contract could see us net maybe 8-12 million for him, which will probably pay for an unknown child to replace Archie as the creative force in the middle.

Sneijder seems to be the front runner, but as you said, knowing Fergie he will want an unknown wonderkid. I can imagine he has his scouts on a Cape Verdean rock or a South Korean playmaker XD

Are you guys sure that Carrick will be sold? And that they only offered contract to bump up the price? Why would he sign the contract if he knew he was sold because he is not good enough? Because he is not too old either.

Are you guys sure that Carrick will be sold? And that they only offered contract to bump up the price? Why would he sign the contract if he knew he was sold because he is not good enough? Because he is not too old either.

Maybe he signed a new contract so he gets 6 months with an extra 15k a week....

Well United have signed Rafael Leao on loan from Desportivo Brasil for the rest of the season. He'll play in the reserves and youth team apparently, he turns 18 next week. He was one of the 5 Brazilians at Old Trafford for the Bolton game.

According to the Herald, Jack Stephens is off to Southampton for a 6 Figure Fee and future incentives. Stephens, a member of the Argyle Youth Set-Up has made several first-team appereances this season, and has rejected a move to Fulham. Its expected he'll move to the Saints as they have a fantastic youth-academy.

:'(​

Then theres the never ending question of the Scholes replacement. Pastore, Sneijder etc are recent rumours, but i expect Fergie to pluck a child from nowhere, or the relative unknown at least. If it's not a total nobody like Chicharito was, maybe someone like Eriksen at Ajax, or Merkel from AC Milan. Carrick's new contract could see us net maybe 8-12 million for him, which will probably pay for an unknown child to replace Archie as the creative force in the middle.

Forgot to mention that Schweinsteiger's name always comes up, but a lot of things would need to happen for him to leave Bayern imo.

How much will we be spending then?

Perhaps in the region of 60 million maximum. With that I expect Fergie to include perhaps 20 million on 3 unknown gems and 40 million on A keeper and De Rossi.

No way will more then one major outfield player come in I dont think. Its not financially viable, same goes for Chelsea/Manchester City aswell.

Perhaps in the region of 60 million maximum. With that I expect Fergie to include perhaps 20 million on 3 unknown gems and 40 million on A keeper and De Rossi.

No way will more then one major outfield player come in I dont think. Its not financially viable, same goes for Chelsea/Manchester City aswell.

60 million seems reasonable, i'm not expecting the likes of Sneijder and Pastore to join. IMO Neuer/De Gea, Rodwell and Ashley Young will join.

60 million seems reasonable, i'm not expecting the likes of Sneijder and Pastore to join. IMO Neuer/De Gea, Rodwell and Ashley Young will join.

Well my comment was for those dreaming of the 45 million pound Sneijders and so on.

60 million would be max though. Can't see Ashley Young joining, firstly he is not needed with nani & Valencia, and he isnt that good overall.

I hope so :)

i did hear santos wanted 60mil for him :O

Fair price considering Torres cost 50...

De Rossi? Where the **** did you get that idea from? oO)

De Rossi? Where the **** did you get that idea from? oO)

The idea comes from the obvious need of someone like De Rossi to make United formidable again. He would be the absolute perfect signing for Manchester United, much more important then Sneijder anyway.

The idea comes from the obvious need of someone like De Rossi to make United formidable again. He would be the absolute perfect signing for Manchester United, much more important then Sneijder anyway.

Obviously we need a quality holding/defensive midfielder, but I think there's more chance of Jesus signing for us than De Rossi...that guy won't ever leave Roma.

I doubt it. ´He wants to stay there rest of his career. But if they fail to get into the CL...i can see only see him going to Madrid. Mourinho likes him..and he would cost pretty much. Im sure.

Probly more than 20m...30m atleast. I doubt United would be interested in buying galacticos.

£60m? That's too much, I think. You are in loads of debt and you think you can spend more than Real Madrid spent last season? I don't think so. Since when have City spent wisely, they don't care if it's financially viable or not.

We're in desperate need of a playmaker and a player like De Rossi.

It's more financially viable then ever. Clubs will be doing their big spending this summer before the FFP rules come into play. Why would it be financially viable for you to spend £70m+ in January and it all to change by summer?

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

£60m? That's too much, I think. You are in loads of debt and you think you can spend more than Real Madrid spent last season? I don't think so. Since when have City spent wisely, they don't care if it's financially viable or not.

There's £130m in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back