The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this 130 million in the bank is ****, its probably like the EU Bank Requirement, where really 10 percent of the figure is actually there, and the rest is credit (which is how alot of clubs operate)

60 million maximum. Shur why would you want Sneijder when you have Carrick anyway :)

All this 130 million in the bank is ****, its probably like the EU Bank Requirement, where really 10 percent of the figure is actually there, and the rest is credit (which is how alot of clubs operate)

60 million maximum. Shur why would you want Sneijder when you have Carrick anyway :)

As far as I know it's a solid £130m just sitting there, whereas most clubs have a far smaller amount sat there.

There's £130M in the bank. Doesn't mean we'll spend it all though. I don't think we'll spend crazy amounts, but it will be fairly large compared to the last few seasons.

He said and I quote "We've got targets in mind, and we'll be making moves. I'm confident we can fulfill 2 or 3 of those targets but we'll see what happens."

Last edited:
Buffon

Arsenal are weighing up the option of signing Italy’s veteran goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon on a free transfer from Juventus.

Arsene Wenger has turned to Jens Lehmann to try and solve his long-standing problems in goal, but the 41-year-old made a less than impressive return for the reserves at Wigan on Tuesday.

Now the Arsenal boss is considering Buffon whose 10-year stay in Turin is expected to end in the summer as Juve look to offload his £125,000-a-week salary.

Its doubtful that Arsenal would pay that much for a 33-year-old who has struggled with injury but, surprisingly, there would be no fee for Buffon under a clause inserted in his contract when he agreed to stay with Juve following the club’s demotion to Serie B in 2006.
That makes him considerably more affordable than Pepe Reina, Maarten Stekelenburg and Manuel Neuer who are all valued in the £15-20million bracket.

Buffon, a World Cup winner who has been capped more than 100 times by Italy, has made it clear that he would only consider London if he moved to the Barclays Premier League.
'Juventus stay? I don't know, we will have to evaluate things with the club. What we do know is that he still has a two-year deal there,' agent Silvano Martina said of Buffon, whose Juve deal expires in 2013.

However, Roma remain favourites to sign him if Thomas DiBenedetto, a partner of Liverpool owner John Henry, completes his takeover and installs a permanent manager – possibly Carlo Ancelotti – to replace Claudio Ranieri.

Lehmann, however, tried to search for the positives from an error-strewn comeback game, saying: ‘It was a good experience. It is always good to learn a little bit what I could have done better

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gi-Buffon-targeted-Arsenal.html#ixzz1IDGe8KMs

Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku is wanted by Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham, according to the club's general manager

Chelsea's interest in the 17-year-old is no secret, with the Blues linked with Lukaku during the January transfer window.

But Herman van Holsbeeck, as well as revealing he expects Lukaku to make a £26million move to the Premier League in the summer, has claimed Liverpool and Tottenham are also interested in signing the teenager.

Van Holsbeeck's latest comments are in contrast to his stance earlier this year, when he insisted the Belgian international would stay at Anderlecht for "one to two seasons."

Real Madrid and Inter Milan have also shown interest in the highly-rated forward, but Anderlecht's GM believes Lukaku wants to play in the Premiership and will move to England at the end of the season.

"Teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested," he told Belgian publication Sudpresse.

Of rumoured interest from Manchester City and Manchester United, he added: "If (the) two clubs (from) Manchester enter the race, it might be interesting.

"We know that Real Madrid is interested in all the young talent, but I think his future would rather be in England.

"The transfer should be for around £26million."

Van Holsbeeck had last month claimed that Chelsea failed with a €30million bid to sign the striker in January, telling Belgian TV show Reyers: "Chelsea wanted to buy this winter, we said no.

"He is not ready, and we still keep one to two seasons. His price? €30million."

Marc Albrighton is rumoured to be in pre-contract talks for a huge £20 million summer move to Aston Villa's fiercest rivals - Birmingham City. After being left on the sidelines for many of this season's matches by new boss Gerard Houllier, Albrighton is well known to want to play more matches. If Aston Villa are relegated this season, many of Villa's star players will want to remain in the Premiership and Albrighton, a local lad does not want to move away from Birmingham.

Source: http://www.marcalbrighton.com/index.htm (so it must be legit)

I have no doubt that this is anything apart from completely true and not at all an April Fool's joke.

Liverpool are one of the clubs interested in signing Douglas Costa, according to teammate Darijo Srna.

The 20-year-old's reputation has continued to grow during his time with Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukraine, with Liverpool one of a trio of Barclays Premier League sides taking an interest in the player.

"I know many scouts have watched him. Lots of clubs are taking an interest – the likes of United, Manchester City and Liverpool. He really does stand out, he makes a difference on the pitch," said the Croatian full back.

A product of the youth system at Gremio, Costa has also impressed in the Champions League and will go head-to-head against Lionel Messi and Barcelona in the quarter-final.

It should be a good match-up, according to Srna at least.

“I’ve never seen such nimbleness – he is on a par with Messi. His speed with the ball and technique are out of this world."

The Daily Telegraph reported over the weekend that Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has taken a keen interest in the player again, with the Red Devils considering a move for the £15m-rated midfielder after having a bid rejected back in August 2009.

Anfield interest would appear to be relatively new, although Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has hinted at a number of changes on Merseyside in the summer.

Lucas, who was at Gremio during Costa's rise through the youth ranks in Brazil, could potentially play a part in attempting to entice the player to Liverpool.

Competition will be fierce though, and with the attacking midfielder's reputation growing to the point of being dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho', Liverpool will have to move quickly if they want to sign the player.

Signing Costa would be a step forward for Liverpool , they need to sign young , exciting players.

Baines is being linked to us (albeit by pretty rubbish sources) if Clichy leaves in the summer.

I think now with the 'supports' section gone, it'll be needed for the name of the club to be told.

Transfer rumour according to my local newspaper Evening Gazzette......

Connor Wickham - Spurs 18M
David de Gea - Man Utd 20M+
Gianluca Buffon - Arsenal (free transfer in summer)

Liverpool FC owners urged to splash the cash to sign Cahill > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

---------- Post added 06/04/2011 at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was 05/04/2011 at 01:18 PM ----------

French winger set for Reds | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports
Skysports.com understands Liverpool have agreed a pre-contract to sign Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.

Marveaux, who is out of contract at Rennes at the end of the season, has been a long-term target for the Reds.

Rennes are resigned to losing the 24-year-old when his contract expires and Liverpool are thought to have agreed a deal to bring Marveaux to Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back