The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
MANCHESTER CITY are lining up a £20million bid for Didier Drogba.

City boss Roberto Mancini is a long-term admirer of the Chelsea striker.
The Ivory Coast star, 32, has not ruled out a move and a source said: "Chelsea will have to decide whether they want him to stay. City's offer will be tempting considering Didier's age."
Drogba would earn over £18m in three years if he chose to move to Eastlands.
The striker won the Golden Boot with 29 Premier League goals last term as Chelsea stormed to the title and FA Cup.
Drogba still has two years to run on his Stamford Bridge deal.
But if he was to leave the champions, Chelsea would be sure to make a move for Liverpool hitman Fernando Torres.
City have already lashed out £60m this summer on David Silva, Jerome Boateng and Yaya Toure.
Boss Mancini also wants Lazio full-back Aleksander Kolarov - though the Serb may prove too expensive.
Lazio president Claudio Lotito said: "In my opinion, he is worth as much as Mauro Zarate, who we paid around £18.7m for."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ion-raid-for-Didier-Drogba.html#ixzz0tBz2YuVv

wont ever happen i can guarrentee that, he will see out his chelsea contract and then proberly return to marsielle.

wont ever happen i can guarrentee that, he will see out his chelsea contract and then proberly return to marsielle.

lol The Sun newspaper is a joke, there sports reporters know absolutely nothing about football.

if man city do offer about 20 mil for drogba even though i doubt its true tbh i think chelsea have got to accept it he is one of my favourite players his just a legend in my eyes but if your being offered 20 mil for a 32 year old whos only got at most 3 years left in him at his best you have gotta take it

if man city do offer about 20 mil for drogba even though i doubt its true tbh i think chelsea have got to accept it he is one of my favourite players his just a legend in my eyes but if your being offered 20 mil for a 32 year old whos only got at most 3 years left in him at his best you have gotta take it

Last years fans player of the year, and you're saying that :S Personally, I believe Chelsea won't accept it, he wouldn't go, and will see out his contract and return to France for retirement. He's in his prime at the moment despite his age, and last year provides evidence for it.

Last years fans player of the year, and you're saying that :S Personally, I believe Chelsea won't accept it, he wouldn't go, and will see out his contract and return to France for retirement. He's in his prime at the moment despite his age, and last year provides evidence for it.

yes your saying about him being player of the year top scorer and stuff yeah i know but still 20 million for a 32 year old is amazing and you have got to think about these things like take shevchenko for example when ac sold him to us for 30 million he was 30 years old and they must of been laughing

yes your saying about him being player of the year top scorer and stuff yeah i know but still 20 million for a 32 year old is amazing and you have got to think about these things like take shevchenko for example when ac sold him to us for 30 million he was 30 years old and they must of been laughing

We don't need the money like AC Milan did then. I mean c'mon... Think realistically, Drogba in a Man City kit LOOL, do me a favour lol :P

We don't need the money like AC Milan did then. I mean c'mon... Think realistically, Drogba in a Man City kit LOOL, do me a favour lol :P

we may not need it but still 20 mil for a 32 year old come on thats a brilliant deal

As good as Drogba is i wouldn't want to spend 20 million on him at he's age

Obafemi Martins will join Rubin Kazan

Last edited:
Lol at 20M for Drogba. You cant his left shoe for that. He might be 32 but his game is not about pace. Its about strength, so i can see him doing well for few more years.

chelsea have been strongly linked again with porto centre back bruno alves with carvalho either going in the other direction or to a milan side. also something that isent true chelsea have joined the race to sign wesley sniejder.

Earlier he leaves Better for Liverpool. Atleast Roy will have some kitty and time to go filter his options. They made mess of Alonso and Robbie keane deal where they had no time to go for their replacements.
We had plenty of time looking for Xabi's replacement, we just made a balls of it.

Few good ones today with the Bruno Alves one to Chelsea being a great one for them. Id like to see Carvalho stay though i like him but then again theyve got John Terry at Chelsea soo someone has to move on. Alex as well.

Tottenham getting Craig Bellamy, I would love to see that happen. If he joined i could really see our need to play big n little being broken. Defoe poaching and the pure work rate of Bellamy should be enough. Pav n Crouch will have to prove themselves again. Keano is back as well!

However, Celtic and Aston Villa want Keano so it could be hit work rate to make way if Bellamy came but id be dissapointed if we lost money on him.

The one id be most pleased about is seeing MARIO BALOTELLI to Man City however much City are Spurs rivals nowadays. I love Mario he'd be fantastic in the Premier League. Reports on his move began a long time ago though soo talking talking talking doesnt normally come off.

Scharner's agent bigging up a deal with Liverpool. FML if it's true.

Clichy swap with Melo............

Not too sure what to think.

Melo's more of a centre mid isnt he, not really a natural LB ?

He isn't a left back at all.
I doubt he's ever played there.

If Arsenal can get money aswell it could be a good deal, then they can bring Gibbs through.

Roy Hodgson better not sell Insua if he does that means we need to buy 2 as Aurelio has left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back