The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that makes him a worse left back how?

Stick to the point buddy.
If I follow your logic: Ivanovic is a CB, but he plays RB, BUT I GUESS THAT ABILITY TO PLAY THERE MAKES HIM ONE OF THE 5 BEST LEFT BACKS? RIGHT?
Cmon.. This is a transfer thread and lets keep it that way. Stop arguing anymore. At least not here.

Stick to the point buddy.
If I follow your logic: Ivanovic is a CB, but he plays RB, BUT I GUESS THAT ABILITY TO PLAY THERE MAKES HIM ONE OF THE 5 BEST LEFT BACKS? RIGHT?
Cmon.. This is a transfer thread and lets keep it that way. Stop arguing anymore. At least not here.

I have never seen Ivanovic play left back, so that would not be following my logic... *facepalm*

And nice touch continuing the argument and then afterwards telling to stop arguing.

As long as I follow United, in every game, no one ever beat Evra. Except Messi.
IMO:
Evra
Cole
Aly Sissokho from Lyon ( sp), Gael Chlisy ( Arsenal players and their names :@ ), Marcelo, Coentrao and some more are close, but still not good enough. Like in FM, hardest thing to find is good left back.
About Roberto Carlos. 10 years ago, for sure! Today, no way. Lahm can play LB and RB, but it's been a 3 years now since i watched his last game in LB role, so, dunno about him.

Pretty sure Lahm is predominantly a RB... Can play LB, though I guess.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a move for French international youngster Mamadou Sakho as he continues to plan for the future but may find that he has a battle on his hands as Arsenal are known to be monitoring the progress of the Paris St Germain defender.

Having brought in young starlets Chris Smalling and Javier Hernandez this summer there is a definite sense that the Old Trafford boss is looking to bring in young talents instead of spending astronomical sums on established players. Whether this is as a result of the financial problems the Premier League side is experiencing or not those two buys already look like very good investments.

Mamadou Sakho has stated his desire to leave his Ligue 1 side and has had a number of run in with journalists in France leading many to believe that the talented Parisian could be ready to make a move away from the club he has been at since the age of 12.

Valued at around £12m Sakho has been a solid performer in his last two seasons at the Parc des Princes and has fought his way to the fringes of the senior French side and is considered one of the hot prospects of European football. He is an adaptable defender who is immense in the centre of defence but can also do a good job at left back.

Link

Not the most reliable source in the world but a romour nonetheless.

As long as I follow United, in every game, no one ever beat Evra. Except Messi.

Well that's definitely not true. A certain Marc Albrighton took him apart earlier this year. But why the **** are we arguing about left-backs?

Just heard down the wire that Chris Humphreys a Motherwell winger has been told he can leave in the summer since Liverpool, Everton, Swansea and Rangers have all tabled bids 1 million and above. Have to admit never heard of this guy but apparently he is really in demand, even Kenny Dalglish has gone on record saying he has 'fantastic potential'.

Whilst in other news which I actually know a bit more detail about is Wesley Sneijder and Manchester United, his price will probably be 20-28 million pounds since this season has been marred with niggling injuries for him. Mourinho came out on the 10th May and urged United and Fergie to sign Sneijder, whilst his model girlfriend is taking is apparently (not my kind of circles) to numerous modelling agencies in London about a job since her Italian-American based company would not be ideal for any potential move to England. I mean Fergie would probably take him, his wages wouldn't really break the bank just put a 130k a week burden on them it's just Inter will try to keep him for at least one more season and the Glazers might not stump up 25 mill+ for him (then again they would probably be fine with technically buying him but paying for it with someone elses money through a loan in the clubs name no doubt).

Still, Chris Humphreys I have never heard/seen him I thought Scotlands biggest talent outside the top two was Goodwillie and Chris Maguire. Probably me being SPL ignorant to be fair but I am a Boro fan so you can see why.

Well that's definitely not true. A certain Marc Albrighton took him apart earlier this year. But why the **** are we arguing about left-backs?

Could be, and I just remembered, SWP once or twice... About LB, im guilty, I love good discussion :) and I love how Chelsea fans thinks Ash is best LB :) Anyway, im done with LB discussion, here's little TR from me
Liverpool Plan £13m Bid for Dutch “Cristiano Ronaldo” | CaughtOffside
Liverpool are reportedly preparing a significant offer for Feyenoord playmaker Georginio Wijnaldum this summer. Director of football Damien Comolli has earmarked a move for the free scoring 20 year old midfielder who is on the fringes of the Dutch international set-up.

Man United Ready to Stump Up £17m for French Starlet to Replace Owen Hargreaves | CaughtOffside
Manchester United are reportedly hot on the heels of youngster Yann M’Vila as French sources state that Sir Alex Ferguson has already made contact with Rennes about a proposed fee for the French international. The Old Trafford side will be aware that scouts from Real Madrid and AC Milan have been spotted at the Ligue 1 club but will be keen to land a defensive midfielder to replace injury plagued England man Owen Hargreaves.

Top 3 Best Left Backs:
1.Ashley Cole
2.Marcelo
3.Evra/Coentrao

P.S. Bale is a winger now.

Pfft. Evra is the best, closely followed by Cashley >>>>>>>>>>>>> 3rd place Coentrao/Marcelo. Also, for the record, Abidal is ****.

Now then, these rumours, Sakho + M'vila would be amazing signings, especially the latter; but CaughtOffside can't be trusted at all.

Neuer to Bayern almost done..

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has announced that an agreement has been reached for the transfer of Manuel Neuer from Schalke, but says official confirmation will come when Schalke are ready.

"Our board have reached an agreement with Schalke in negotiations and it is just a psychological question of whether they want to announce it before the cup final or afterwards,'' Hoeness told Sky television

Bayern Munich agree deal to sign Manuel Neuer from Schalke - ESPN Soccernet

Just 15 Million... Have to say Bargain..

Sergio Aguero Agent at Anfield Today | Kopsource

The agent of Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero will be a VIP guest at Anfield today as Liverpool take on Spurs for the right to compete in next season’s Europa League. The Reds are thought to be lining up the Argentine as a marquee summer signing, although Bruno Satin’s presence at the match today is by no means concrete evidence of a done deal.

Why on Earth would Liverpool be looking at signing a £38M+ striker, when they've signed two expensive ones earlier on this year? The article says that this Bruno guy also represents Maxi Rodriguez, I'd say that's case-closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back