The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole, Lahm & Evra are a class apart. Contrao is very attacking, he impressed me for Portugal but I'm not sure if he'd be good for Barca. The balance of the team may be effected with 2 very attacking full backs...

Coentrão is not world class yet, but he could be if he moves to Barcelona. He's not in the top 3 either I'd rate Cole, Evra, Marcelo and Kolarov better than him and Cissokho, Tremoulinas, Maxwell and Abidal at a similar/the same level as him. Nobody is doubting that he's not a good player, maybe next year I will rate him in the top 3 LB's in the world if he plays as well as he did this season.

Coentrão is not world class yet, but he could be if he moves to Barcelona. He's not in the top 3 either I'd rate Cole, Evra, Marcelo and Kolarov better than him and Cissokho, Tremoulinas, Maxwell and Abidal at a similar/the same level as him. Nobody is doubting that he's not a good player, maybe next year I will rate him in the top 3 LB's in the world if he plays as well as he did this season.

Replace Kolarov with Lahm. But he isnt quite there yet

I've been pretty disappointed with Kolarov, really not up to it defensively.

Top 3 Best Left Backs:
1.Ashley Cole
2.Marcelo
3.Evra/Coentrao

P.S. Bale is a winger now.

Which century do you live in buddy? Really?

Which century do YOU live in? Valencia did school Ashley Cole (coming from a Chelsea supporter).

Marcelo is NOT the second best left back in the world. And Coentrao has not showed anything to deserve that 3rd place.

1. Cole/Evra
2. Cole/Evra
3. Abidal/Lahm

Kolarov? Cmon guys.. you are being ridiculous now.. Whats with Kolarov? He is not even fast..

Replace Kolarov with Lahm. But he isnt quite there yet

Lahm rarely plays LB now though? Otherwise he would be top 3. Kolarov is actually an amazing LB, wasted at City though, if he goes back to Italy then he will show his quality (more).

Anyway, thought this was the transfer rumour thread? Not who are the best LB's in the world.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Kolarov? Cmon guys.. you are being ridiculous now.. Whats with Kolarov? He is not even fast..

What's pace got to do with it? He's pretty quick not as quick as Cole, Evra etc. but still.

If you don't like the conversation drifting to other stuff than transfer rumours, post a transfer rumour!

Which century do YOU live in? Valencia did school Ashley Cole (coming from a Chelsea supporter).

Marcelo is NOT the second best left back in the world. And Coentrao has not showed anything to deserve that 3rd place.

1. Cole/Evra
2. Cole/Evra
3. Abidal/Lahm

1st. Lahm is a right back. We are talkin bout left sided players.
2nd. Have you ever seen a game of Real M this season? I mean except El Classico which you probably have seen..?! Marcelo is WORLD CLASS left back and certainly deserves place in the top three..

Kaka to QPR, already posted it + reasoning but didn't get enough attention it warranted :D

a lot of you talking about great left backs, but none of you are mentioning the greatest, ROBERTO CARLOS?!!!

oh, here's a rumour

Stekelenburg being connected to:
Arsenal
Tottenham
Manchester United
Schalke 04
Bayern Munchen

a lot of you talking about great left backs, but none of you are mentioning the greatest, ROBERTO CARLOS?!!!

oh, here's a rumour

Stekelenburg being connected to:
Arsenal
Tottenham
Manchester United
Schalke 04
Bayern Munchen

Schalke are apparently leading the way for his signature as a replacement for Neuer.

1st. Lahm is a right back. We are talkin bout left sided players.
2nd. Have you ever seen a game of Real M this season? I mean except El Classico which you probably have seen..?! Marcelo is WORLD CLASS left back and certainly deserves place in the top three..

I have seen most Real Madrid games. Marcelo has still not shown anything close to the defending prowess of the Cole, Evra and Abidal or the consistency of Lahm. And who says a player has to be left legged to be a left back? Lahm is perfectly capable of playing left back and has impressed on that position before.

Schalke are apparently leading the way for his signature as a replacement for Neuer.

True, with the cash they are going to get for neuer (in total around 25 mil euros), they need a great replacement, so why not go for Stekelenburg?

I'd honestly prefer if they tried the impossible and got Rene Adler (very impossible)...

I have seen most Real Madrid games. Marcelo has still not shown anything close to the defending prowess of the Cole, Evra and Abidal or the consistency of Lahm. And who says a player has to be left legged to be a left back? Lahm is perfectly capable of playing left back and has impressed on that position before.

No, it's not about how well Lahm plays as LB he's great there, it's the fact he rarely plays there now.

And that makes him a worse left back how?

NO! My point is he's a RB not LB! Yes, he plays well there but his primary position is RB. It's just like how people aren't putting Bale up there with the best LB's because he's a LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back