The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Arfa would be a great signing, but I feel that we have no chance in signing him.

Ben Arfa would be a great signing, but I feel that we have no chance in signing him.

Lol you will love this one then even though its a day old

Raul has refused to rule out a move to England following his release from Real Madrid on Monday.
The iconic former captain at the Bernabeu is now without a club and weighing up his options, with Schalke
spacer.gif
reportedly favourites to land his signature.
Whilst revealing that Schalke have approached him however, the 33-year-old also confessed that he would be interested in a move to England, with Tottenham and Newcastle
spacer.gif
rumoured to be keeping tabs on him.

Pacheco's wanted by Sociedad, Espanyol want Maxi,
Mascherano wants out. Toure cost 27M, we're getting ******* 30M at least, don't budge, if they want him they can pay at least 3/4 of his price, I value him at 40M

Pacheco's wanted by Sociedad

He's after first team football this season or he'll be off. And I'd be very, very, very ****** off with Mr.Hodgson if he didn't veto any decision to sell Pacheco or didn't see the very clear talent of the lad and have him playing more this season. He's had his development managed near perfectly so far, now's not the time to screw up on one of the best players of that age group.

He's after first team football this season or he'll be off. And I'd be very, very, very ****** off with Mr.Hodgson if he didn't veto any decision to sell Pacheco or didn't see the very clear talent of the lad and have him playing more this season. He's had his development managed near perfectly so far, now's not the time to screw up on one of the best players of that age group.
True, Barca said when he left he's their brightest product in some time, more than Pedro, Busquets Etc. Everyone can see his obvious talent, by Benitez didn't bring through youth, really ::S

True, Barca said when he left he's their brightest product in some time, more than Pedro, Busquets Etc. Everyone can see his obvious talent, by Benitez didn't bring through youth, really ::S

Aye, Barca rated him highly - give it five years and we'll have them demanding for him to be let back home on a free ;)

But going to nitpick a bit because of the perception that Rafa was anti-youth etc - Pacheco was eased into first team last season. General thought was that he had a bit more growing to do which is why he wasn't thrown in as much earlier and I think Rafa held back on using him as much as he may have done last season because of how poorly the team was playing (Souness did the same with Fowler - Evans reaped the benefits). Look at some of the young lads who are now blooded at first team level and are now being touted as being able to step up. Kenny reckons that's there 2 or 3 first team players of quality amongst just those - let alone those who have recently been brought in (Shelvey and Wilson) or those who are a bit further back (Palsson and the like). Rafa's left a gold mine there providing the club don't use it as a quick way to bring in money beyond selling at a profit those who clearly aren't going to make it.

And so I'm not off topic totally - looking like Insua to Fiorentina may be called off due to them not being able to offer him adequate personal terms and guarantees.

Aye, Barca rated him highly - give it five years and we'll have them demanding for him to be let back home on a free ;)

But going to nitpick a bit because of the perception that Rafa was anti-youth etc - Pacheco was eased into first team last season. General thought was that he had a bit more growing to do which is why he wasn't thrown in as much earlier and I think Rafa held back on using him as much as he may have done last season because of how poorly the team was playing (Souness did the same with Fowler - Evans reaped the benefits). Look at some of the young lads who are now blooded at first team level and are now being touted as being able to step up. Kenny reckons that's there 2 or 3 first team players of quality amongst just those - let alone those who have recently been brought in (Shelvey and Wilson) or those who are a bit further back (Palsson and the like). Rafa's left a gold mine there providing the club don't use it as a quick way to bring in money beyond selling at a profit those who clearly aren't going to make it.

And so I'm not off topic totally - looking like Insua to Fiorentina may be called off due to them not being able to offer him adequate personal terms and guarantees.
If you mention Spearing stepping up, I'll eat you ;) He's god-awful & Good news about Insua

I can officialy reveal that K. J. Huntelaar thoroughly enjoyed his mini-break in sunny seaside Blackpool & has now returned home. (H)

If you mention Spearing stepping up, I'll eat you ;) He's god-awful & Good news about Insua

I don't think Spearing will make it for us either. :P Some could learn a lot from his attitude though. Was thinking Ayala and Kelly really and possibility of Darby being able to do a job for the squad.

Maxi back to Spain on loan is an odd rumour. Can't fathom why we'd want to lose him, he's done well since arriving.

I don't think Spearing will make it for us either. :P Some could learn a lot from his attitude though. Was thinking Ayala and Kelly really and possibility of Darby being able to do a job for the squad.

Maxi back to Spain on loan is an odd rumour. Can't fathom why we'd want to lose him, he's done well since arriving.
Certainly not on loan, that would be silly ans pointless. OH yeah, when we have vey few wingers, let's get rid of an Argentine international that we signed 7 months ago for a season, then take him back

Ah, beat me to that edit *shakes fist* Decent player, only cheap. Which is all we can get, better than forking out for ~Figeuroa

Insua+Young = Figeuroa I think. Spider sense is telling me that we've just seen Mr.Hodgson spend the surplus on the player account for 09/10.

Bit 'meh'. Decent player as cover I guess.

Insua+Young = Figeuroa I think. Spider sense is telling me that we've just seen Mr.Hodgson spend the surplus on the player account for 09/10.

Bit 'meh'. Decent player as cover I guess.

Not just saying this, but if he's gonna be your full back this year, you;d be as well playing Wilson, just as good right now if not better.

Not just saying this, but if he's gonna be your full back this year, you;d be as well playing Wilson, just as good right now if not better.

We've overpaid slightly for him if 2.5m is cash, but I'd honestly hope he won't be a starter...

Wilson's still a bit young to be our starter, but if we have Young, Insua, and Wilson I'll be happy-ish. Hodgson is renowned for taking players whom's career is seemingly over, and making them play better, like Duff, Murphy, Etc :)

EDIT _ Heard a rumour off my mate about Steven Defour joining the 'Pool. Hardly reliable though :D Great player though

Last edited:
West Ham have rejected a bid from Tottenham for Scott Parker.

On Sky Sports News at the moment.. someone will probably make a thread on it.

West Ham have rejected a bid from Tottenham for Scott Parker.

On Sky Sports News at the moment.. someone will probably make a thread on it.
lol i was ctually going to... but not that interesting. strange bid by Redknapp. what exactly would parker bring to the side that they havent got already. he needs a defender and probably a forward too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back