The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Javier Garrido on his way to Lazio apprently from Citeh. Im persuming its part of the deal that has brought Kolorov to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Not a bad player I thought, deadly from freekicks. Unlikely to ever get another chance at City so a good move for him.

I think Mancienne should go to be honest. With the amount of defenders we have, I can't see him getting any game time this season, and even the next. He's obviously a decent player, but it would benefit him if he left for first team football.

The Luiz valuation is only speculation but I suppose it would be around the 20-30M mark. Quality defender, would be great if we got him.

well with the new rules next season plus Carvalho leaving im sure he will get some minutes. plus if you remember he played in DM once i think it was against either Barcelona or Roma at home and he looked really decent there.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson wants Aston Villa midfield general Stiliyan Petrov as the shock replacement for transfer-seeking Javier Mascherano.

Hodgson admires the Bulgarian star's style and is ready to pay around £7 million for him as he looks to cash in on Argentinian Mascherano by selling him to Inter Milan coach Rafa Benitez.

The Kop are looking to land both Petrov and right back Luke Young in a surprise double raid as they try to bring in seasons professionals for a demanding campaign.

Petrov, 30, is one of the Premier League's most respect operators and a key man for Martin O'Neill who brought him to Villa from Celtic where he was also a legend.

The Bulgarian star is aware of the Liverpool interest and could be keen on a move to Anfield - although Villa are desperate to keep their squad together despite so many being wanted men.

Hodgson wants a proven midfield schemer to play an anchor role in the Liverpool side. He expects Mascherano to move on, which would leave just Brazilian Lucas Leiva for that position - with Xabi Alonso never properly replaced.

Petrov may not seem the most charismatic capture, but he is in the right mould for Hodgson who plans to put his own well-drilled imprint on the Anfield side this season and beyond.

Decent player, but too old and not my first choice
Flamini for sale for 5M.Very good deal

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson wants Aston Villa midfield general Stiliyan Petrov as the shock replacement for transfer-seeking Javier Mascherano.

Hodgson admires the Bulgarian star's style and is ready to pay around £7 million for him as he looks to cash in on Argentinian Mascherano by selling him to Inter Milan coach Rafa Benitez.

The Kop are looking to land both Petrov and right back Luke Young in a surprise double raid as they try to bring in seasons professionals for a demanding campaign.

Petrov, 30, is one of the Premier League's most respect operators and a key man for Martin O'Neill who brought him to Villa from Celtic where he was also a legend.

The Bulgarian star is aware of the Liverpool interest and could be keen on a move to Anfield - although Villa are desperate to keep their squad together despite so many being wanted men.

Hodgson wants a proven midfield schemer to play an anchor role in the Liverpool side. He expects Mascherano to move on, which would leave just Brazilian Lucas Leiva for that position - with Xabi Alonso never properly replaced.

Petrov may not seem the most charismatic capture, but he is in the right mould for Hodgson who plans to put his own well-drilled imprint on the Anfield side this season and beyond.

Decent player, but too old and not my first choice
Flamini for sale for 5M.Very good deal

Personally I would love to see Petrov in a Liverpool shirt. He is a good solid central midfielder with good attacking and defensive qualities. He does what he needs to do very well with no fuss or controversy. He can tackle, he can pass and he's quite creative. I can also see him teaming up with Aquilani in some respects. This rumour is the first one related to Liverpool in days that actually exictes me and lets just hope there is more to come.

Does Hodgson think he's still managing Fulham? Considering most Liverpool fans seem to think they should be challenging for the title, he's hardly the calibre of player a top side would buy.

These guys.....

mark-hughes.jpg

craig_bellamy_1351452c.jpg

Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

To here

fulham%20fc.jpg

Personally I would love to see Petrov in a Liverpool shirt. He is a good solid central midfielder with good attacking and defensive qualities. He does what he needs to do very well with no fuss or controversy. He can tackle, he can pass and he's quite creative. I can also see him teaming up with Aquilani in some respects. This rumour is the first one related to Liverpool in days that actually exictes me and lets just hope there is more to come.

Too true. Really nice guy too, signed my shirt and had a chat as well. One of my favourites at Villa.

Doubt the move to 'Pool will happen, he's our captain and a key player.

Arsenal, should try buy. Being realistic
Joe Hart Goalkeeper
Mertsacker Central Defender
Micha Richards Right Back/Central Defender
Scott Parker Def Midfield
Flamini Def Midfield
Stephen Ireland Attack Midfield
Carlton Cole Striker

Should Sell
Almunia Fabianski Denilson Diaby Rosicky Bendnter Vela

Tactics should be 4 2 (Def Midfield) 3(Attacking Midfield) 1

Joe Hart, Clichy Verharlean Mertsacker Sagna, Parker Flamini, Arshavin Fabregas Walcott, Chamark

Arsenal, should try buy. Being realistic
Joe Hart Goalkeeper
Mertsacker Central Defender
Micha Richards Right Back/Central Defender
Scott Parker Def Midfield
Flamini Def Midfield
Stephen Ireland Attack Midfield
Carlton Cole Striker

Should Sell
Almunia Fabianski Denilson Diaby Rosicky Bendnter Vela

Tactics should be 4 2 (Def Midfield) 3(Attacking Midfield) 1

Joe Hart, Clichy Verharlean Mertsacker Sagna, Parker Flamini, Arshavin Fabregas Walcott, Chamark
Yes, "Being realistic" lol

Dani Pacheco has admitted that he would welcome a move to Real Sociedad.

The Liverpool starlet, 19, has sparkled for Spain in the UEFA European Under-19 Championships and the La Liga newcomers' president confirmed on Tuesday that they were interested luring him back to his homeland.

Pacheco has admitted that his immediate future remains unclear and is open to a move to San Sebastian due to the lack of opportunities he feels he will have at Anfield.

He said: "Of course, playing for Real [Sociedad] appeals to me, without doubt. I have heard good things about the club, the city and the people, and if things move in that direction, I will be happy to play there.

"I'd like to play in La Liga. Above all I want game time or to fight for game time.

"In Liverpool I won't get this opportunity and I would love to have it. Right now the club are signing people and I don't think I will have opportunities.

"At 19 years old the most important thing is to continue progressing."

Pacheco also revealed that former Liverpool playmaker Xabi Alonso, who left the club last summer to join Real Madrid, has been offering him guidance and enlightened him about what he can expect should he join the 28-year-old's boyhood club.

"He [Alonso] has been helping and advising me," he added.

"I've been told good things about the coach. They say he bets on youngsters who have character, who like to play.

"I've been told about Zubieta [Sociedad's training ground], the way they work and the humilty of the club. Everything I hear is good."

I might commit

Luke Young turned down the chance to join Liverpool.
Fine, rot in the reserves then

David James to Bristol City :L

EDIT : Sources : ITV West Country. BBC Point's West. Bristol Evening Post. Western Daily Press. Daily Mirror.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back