The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like Robinho is linked to Benfica, according to the Telegraph. Too good to be true...

Reds line up forgotten Belgian as Mach replacement
Roy Hodgson is ready to make highly-rated Belgium star Steven Defour a replacement for Javier Mascherano.

The new Liverpool manager was due to watch the Standard Liege midfielder in action last night, as the Belgian League got underway.

And even though a late return from Macedonia following the Reds’ Europa League tie with Rabotnicki scuppered those plans, Hodgson still had the much-fancied player watched.

Defour became one of the hottest properties in Europe a year ago, with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton, Juventus and Real Madrid all monitoring his progress.
But a serious foot injury ruled him out for much of the previous campaign, prompting United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to write to him to offer a personal good luck message.

Now he is back in action, and Hodgson is prepared to bid up to £12million to steal a march on his rivals and bring the 22-year-old to Anfield to fill the void that will be left by Mascherano’s departure.

The Argentina skipper has been in talks with Inter Milan and has told the club he wants to go.

Hodgson bluntly spelt out to the midfielder that he will leave on Liverpool’s terms, which means the Merseyside club lining up a replacement first.

And he sees Defour as filling that role, as a dynamic box-to-box player who can give the Reds a more attacking air.

Hodgson has scoured Europe for a suitable replacement for Mascherano, and has made enquiries with Juventus about Christian Poulsen, with the Italian club’s director Giuseppe Marotta yesterday revealing an approach.

The new manager has also shown interest in West Ham’s Scott Parker, but with the London club insisting he will not be sold under any circumstances, and with Hodgson ruling out a move for Villa’s Stilyan Petrov, Defour tops his list.

Mirror Link: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle542005.html
Dailymail link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Ferguson.html

lol, quality as he is. he is not particularly defensively minded. wouldnt make much sense as a signing

lol, quality as he is. he is not particularly defensively minded. wouldnt make much sense as a signing
Him & Lucas in CM, with Gerrard, Cole, someone else, then Torres

Pants = Cream'd

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Skysports.com understands Liverpool are lining up a shock move to bring Fabio Aurelio back to the club.

Something that we all knew last week, and has been discussed thoroughly on heree and Liverpool's forum... Good work there Sky...

The Defour rumours seem to have been misplaced - sounds like we've been trying to hijack Mbokani's move to Monaco. The Liege official site had a story up that we'd offered 10m euros + 2m euros in add-ons for him on Friday. Story has vanished from their site in the past hour. Which is odd.

Seeing Arsenal with Fabianski as number one is worrying. Especially after our bid for Marchetti being rejected. Apparently Cagialari want 12.5m.

The Defour rumours seem to have been misplaced - sounds like we've been trying to hijack Mbokani's move to Monaco. The Liege official site had a story up that we'd offered 10m euros + 2m euros in add-ons for him on Friday. Story has vanished from their site in the past hour. Which is odd.
Not heard of this, I saw Monaco were in for him, but that's it. Mbokani seems a tad over-rated for me, not worth that much Imo

Not heard of this, I saw Monaco were in for him, but that's it. Mbokani seems a tad over-rated for me, not worth that much Imo

He was in Monaco for medical on Friday. Deal was supposedly for 8m euros and he'd be on a four year contract but Monaco haven't announced it as official yet. Wish I'd copy pasted the story from the Liege site now - wasn't expecting it to vanish. But seems like we did bid for him - whether anything comes of it at such a late stage will be interesting. Player himself has impressed me a few times - Droghba is the easy comparison. Not a bad strike rate but perhaps not top class finisher just yet. Beast of a player though in terms of physique.

He was in Monaco for medical on Friday. Deal was supposedly for 8m euros and he'd be on a four year contract but Monaco haven't announced it as official yet. Wish I'd copy pasted the story from the Liege site now - wasn't expecting it to vanish. But seems like we did bid for him - whether anything comes of it at such a late stage will be interesting. Player himself has impressed me a few times - Droghba is the easy comparison. Not a bad strike rate but perhaps not top class finisher just yet. Beast of a player though in terms of physique.
Yes, I remember him playing Vs. us the other year, if I remember correctly he nearly scored and he has CORN ROWS :D

Fulham were heavily linked with Mbokani when Roy was in charge so it could happen, we were also linked with Aurelio as well and he ended up back at Liverpool so you never know.

Ashley Cole has apparently had a lengthy discussion with Ancelotti and has told him that he wants to quit Chelsea and move to Mourinho's Madrid.

Don't want him to go but if we get a bid around the speculated 30 million mark then I'd take it.

Ashley Cole has apparently had a lengthy discussion with Ancelotti and has told him that he wants to quit Chelsea and move to Mourinho's Madrid.

Don't want him to go but if we get a bid around the speculated 30 million mark then I'd take it.
30 million isa good price for arguably the best fullback in the world. playing in spain would add to his game, and make chelsea slightly weaker :P but seriously. not too supresied if he does go. not the most likeable player to be honest but he has really been treated like **** in england

Seeing Arsenal with Fabianski as number one is worrying. Especially after our bid for Marchetti being rejected. Apparently Cagialari want 12.5m.

It is indeed worrying for now. Though I can only assume that Wenger is going to have this issue sorted. I find it hard to believe that we will start the new season with Fabianski between the sticks.

Hopefully there is some truth to Akinfeev wanting out of the Russian League and a move to the Premiership. I'd love him at Arsenal.

It is indeed worrying for now. Though I can only assume that Wenger is going to have this issue sorted. I find it hard to believe that we will start the new season with Fabianski between the sticks.

Hopefully there is some truth to Akinfeev wanting out of the Russian League and a move to the Premiership. I'd love him at Arsenal.
Yeah the goal we conceeded in the AC Milan match was so shocking, dunno whether to blame it on the keeper or poor defending (probably a bit of both). I am praying the Akinfeev rumors are true, I've been begging for him to come to Arsenal for ageeees.

Fabianski looked promising when we first got him now he seems a bit like a Wenger mistake.

I think if Akinfeev were to join you lot, as long as another CB, perhaps experienced, and if oyu keep Fabregas, I see no reason why you shouldn't be considered favourites for the league Imo. That team looks so strong.

Skysports.com understands Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua's move to Fiorentina has fallen through.

**** YEAH

heard 2 storys about mesit ozil today one saying he dosn't want to leave bremen until next season and another saying its either chelsea or man utd for his future. and as for ashley cole it must be paper talk, he seems pretty happy at chelsea and carlo has said his not going.

Doesn't Ozil contract run out at the end of next season so either he is being priced out of a move by Bremen or he thinks he will get better offers then.

Danish press are saying Liverpool have agreed a 6 million Euro fee with Juve for Poulsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back