The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Bostock is coming to Hull on loan and apparently Liverpool have re-signed Fabio Aurelio?oO) Not sure about Aurelio but Bostock is definetly coming on loan

Tottenham's Steven Caulker looks to be going on loan to Leeds for the season :D

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has admitted he is interested in signing Juventus' Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen

Damnit
Have no personal opinion on Poulsen's worth, but from what I've heard, he's one of those 'cheap stand-ins', a short-term plan. Now, with the takeover close(hopefully), I wonder why Roy is still looking into the bargain-bin rather than start looking into long-term investments.

It is confirmed that Mauro Cameronesi is in contact with Birmingham.

:O That is Cameronesi from Juve? His wages will be unreal.

Yep, that one. Would be a good signing, if he signs.

Think he will join too, nearing the end of his career and the chance to play in the best league, would be nice to see him join.

Hope they do sign him, despite the fact that Birmingham will now rape us, Cameronesi's lethal crosses combined with Zigic in the box is scary.

Ivan Klasnic completes move to Bolton.

Wigan and Fulham are reported to be showing interest in free agent Timo Hildebrand.

Yep, that one. Would be a good signing, if he signs.

Think he will join too, nearing the end of his career and the chance to play in the best league, would be nice to see him join.

Apart from the fact that the EPL is not the best league. :wub:

Apart from the fact that the EPL is not the best league. :wub:

Well it is actually, just because Barcelona are the best team that does not mean La Liga is the best league. La Liga is a 2 team league, Valencia finished 3rd last season about 28 points behind and now that Valencia have lost there 2 best players they will be even further behind. Serie A is a one team league with Inter, at least in England you have Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal Man City who can all win it and also Liverpool once the Chinese dude comes in.

Well it is actually, just because Barcelona are the best team that does not mean La Liga is the best league. La Liga is a 2 team league, Valencia finished 3rd last season about 28 points behind and now that Valencia have lost there 2 best players they will be even further behind. Serie A is a one team league with Inter, at least in England you have Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal Man City who can all win it and also Liverpool once the Chinese dude comes in.

So you class how good a league is by how competitive it is? Surely that means the Championship is a better league as it is more competitive. Oh and Spain has had more clubs winning La Liga than English clubs winning the EPL.

The best league, is the league with the best players and that is Spain. The football and players are better.

If you wish to carry on with the debate just post it in the other thread ;)

Have no personal opinion on Poulsen's worth, but from what I've heard, he's one of those 'cheap stand-ins', a short-term plan. Now, with the takeover close(hopefully), I wonder why Roy is still looking into the bargain-bin rather than start looking into long-term investments.

From what he said in the press conference, it could just be that Mr.Hodgson likes him as a player and rates him. He earns more than me to make that call, but I still think he's nuts (Poulsen that is) and not a particularly good player - he looks slow and the game passes him by in the Italian league, he'll have to really shape up for the Premier League. Think everything is now reliant on the Balotelli deal going through, which will presumably trigger the Mash bid, which will then mean we go in for Poulsen (though some reports are giving it as an £8m bid which I think would be insane!).

From what he said in the press conference, it could just be that Mr.Hodgson likes him as a player and rates him. He earns more than me to make that call, but I still think he's nuts (Poulsen that is) and not a particularly good player - he looks slow and the game passes him by in the Italian league, he'll have to really shape up for the Premier League. Think everything is now reliant on the Balotelli deal going through, which will presumably trigger the Mash bid, which will then mean we go in for Poulsen (though some reports are giving it as an £8m bid which I think would be insane!).

Completely agree on Poulsen, even the reports of €6 seems overpriced to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back