The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, we've told Bristol City they can have Michael Owen on loan instead of Danny Welbeck after they approached us for the youngster.

Apparently, we've told Bristol City they can have Michael Owen on loan instead of Danny Welbeck after they approached us for the youngster.
Yeah, I seen that in the Daily Fail - Suprising to be honest, but I'm glad, (6)

Never mind, just seen on SSN that Bristol City have denied those rumours.

Caught Offside says Wenger wants to buy Hart :)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make a significant offer to bring Manchester City reserve keeper Joe Hart to the Emirates. As the likes of Sunderland reportedly look to capture the England international on loan the Gunners manager is hoping that an offer to sign the £8m rated on a permanent basis may succeed as Roberto Mancini looks to trim his ever expanding Eastlands squad.
With Shay Given set to be handed the starting spot at the club the 23 year old will be concerned about having to sit out the season on the bench, something he managed to avoid last term by being farmed out for a very successful stint at St Andrews’ where his efforts at Birmingham City were well noted.
Mark Hughes looks set to repel the north London club’s advances for veteran keeper Mark Schwarzer and Wenger is reportedly desperate to bring in a new custodian rather than trust the likes of blunder prone pair Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski.
Hart would surely jump at such a move and whilst Mancini may well rate the former Shrewsbury goalie he also won’t want to keep hold of a disillusioned player. Ideally the City boss may want to send the talented youngster out on another loan spell but may settle for allowing him to leave.
Man City already have the likes of Stuart Taylor and Colombian international David Gonzalez in his squad so could probably afford to consider such a sale if the price was right.

Harry Redknapp Firmly Denies That Tottenham Are Intrested In Yannick Djalo So That Leaves The Door Open For Newcastle, £4m Deal On The Cards :D

For those of you that like your unknown, cheap players that come onto the Premier League scene (Pascal Chimbonda etc) West Ham have signed Maccabi Haifa full back James Crosby apparently, of American dissent the 19 year old looks a bargain, Avram Grant went back to his former club to ****** the youngster from under the noses of some top foreign clubs, for just £200k!! Watch this space!

MESUT OZIL BOOST FOR MAN UNITED
By Thomas Zocher

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/05/manual_103255.html

Manchester United have been given a boost in their bid to land Mesut Ozil while Hamburg's Piotr Trochowski continues to be linked with the Old Trafford outfit.
The Red Devils have been tipped as potential suitors for 21-year-old Germany international Ozil following his blistering World Cup in South Africa.
Ozil has just 12 months remaining on his Werder Bremen contract and the club's general manager Klaus Allofs insists they will consider any offers on the table.
"Should there be an offer on the table, we would consider it," said Allofs. "Everything is still possible at the moment."
Meanwhile, Trochowski's agent has refused to rule out a move to Old Trafford before the transfer window closes.
The Poland-born Germany international has slipped down pecking order at Hamburg and has been tipped to move to the Premier League giants.
The former Bayern Munich midfielder, who, like Ozil, has just one year left on his contract with the Bundesliga club, could be available for a knockdown price.
Trochowski's agent told Hamburg's Morgenpost newspaper: "Trochowski is a Hamburg player. He has a contract with the club. I do not intend to make any (further) statement (on this link)."

Unhappy Adebayor seeking Man City exit

Emmanuel Adebayor has indicated that he will leave Manchester City this summer and has made it clear that Juventus are one of his top targets.
emmanueladebayorkissball20100505_275x155.jpg

Adebayor has been linked with a move to Italy for several seasons, with AC Milan always believed to be interested in his signature, and with City ready to spend £30 million to sign Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan, Adebayor has revealed that he will be leaving the club this summer.
"I am sorry to leave the Premier League, but in Europe there are other top leagues," he told Tuttosport. "Juventus are a great club in which I would like to play.
"Until some time ago I would not have accepted a transfer to other clubs. I wanted to wear the City shirt and have a better season compared to last year, but I know there will not be many chances for me and so I am considering the many offers I have received.''
City have not confirmed the Togo striker's desire to leave but, if he does choose to depart, they could also turn their attentions to Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko again. The club already have a strikeforce bursting at the seams, with the likes of Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Robinho and Roque Santa Cruz all fighting for places, along with the expected arrival of Balotelli.
In addition, City need to trim their squad of senior players ahead of the deadline to submit a 25-man squad for the first half of the season.
The quotes come after reports in the Daily Mirror on Wednesday that Adebayor was intending to fight for his place in the side.
"I'm hoping to be available all this season and see what I can achieve for this club,'' he said. "We have some amazing players: Yaya, Carlos Tevez, Patrick Vieira and Kolo Toure. We all came here to make our own history.
"It's a dream for any player to come to a club and become a legend during your time there and, of course, that's what we are all striving to achieve. We want to leave a legacy at City."

For those of you that like your unknown, cheap players that come onto the Premier League scene (Pascal Chimbonda etc) West Ham have signed Maccabi Haifa full back James Crosby apparently, of American dissent the 19 year old looks a bargain, Avram Grant went back to his former club to ****** the youngster from under the noses of some top foreign clubs, for just £200k!! Watch this space!

*Sigh* Another poor signing. Those strikers we got last year (McCarthy, Mido, Ilan etc) were ****, now these signings are ****, we are just picking up Portsmouth players - and look how far they got.... :(

*Sigh* Another poor signing. Those strikers we got last year (McCarthy, Mido, Ilan etc) were ****, now these signings are ****, we are just picking up Portsmouth players - and look how far they got.... :(

You never know, he might be a wonderkid, think positively!

Completely agree on Poulsen, even the reports of €6 seems overpriced to me.

Ben Smith said we had people in Turin yesterday. Deal said to be £4m so the lower end of the scale being given out by some of the reports as you said :)

fair enough, I think this guy might be okay though, if super scout Tal Ben Haim has recommended him like reports suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back