• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa move for Manuel Almunia as keeper merry-go-round cranks up
Published 23:00 11/08/10 By Football Spy
Manuel+Almunia.jpeg

Aston Villa are preparing a shock move to bring Manuel Almunia to Villa Park as the goalkeeping merry go-round takes another twist.
A triangle of moves is set start with Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer joining Arsenal and Villa's Brad Friedel moving down to Craven Cottage to replace him.
That would leave managerless Villa without a keeper, but they are keen to sign Almunia, even though he struggled last season and made a number of crucial blunders.
The Spanish keeper has played little in pre-season as Wenger opted to have a look at Polish keeper Lukasz Fabianski, while talented youngster Wojciech Szczesny is also being talked about as a future Arsenal number one.
Even though Martin O'Neill has left the Midlands club, they are still looking to sign a big name replacement if Friedel leaves and are hoping that a new challenge will get the best out of Almunia.
Despite last season's let-down, Almunia was still one of the best keepers in the Premier League when it came to the number of clean sheets.
Villa are expected to name their new manager before the Premier League game against Newcastle on August 22 and the deal for Almunia could be finalised next week.
Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...nd-cranks-up-article550077.html#ixzz0wPtPkjIF

Last edited:
so really reliable sorce :S

Yep, only the best, how dare dunc shut a thread with a confirmation from Goal, they told me Utd where going to sign Di Maria, 2 weeks after he signed for madrid, and people question them.

Yep, only the best, how dare dunc shut a thread with a confirmation from Goal, they told me Utd where going to sign Di Maria, 2 weeks after he signed for madrid, and people question them.

tell me about, Goal.com get everything right all the time, how can people diss them!

Villa move for Manuel Almunia as keeper merry-go-round cranks up
Published 23:00 11/08/10 By Football Spy
Manuel+Almunia.jpeg

Aston Villa are preparing a shock move to bring Manuel Almunia to Villa Park as the goalkeeping merry go-round takes another twist.
A triangle of moves is set start with Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer joining Arsenal and Villa's Brad Friedel moving down to Craven Cottage to replace him.
That would leave managerless Villa without a keeper, but they are keen to sign Almunia, even though he struggled last season and made a number of crucial blunders.
The Spanish keeper has played little in pre-season as Wenger opted to have a look at Polish keeper Lukasz Fabianski, while talented youngster Wojciech Szczesny is also being talked about as a future Arsenal number one.
Even though Martin O'Neill has left the Midlands club, they are still looking to sign a big name replacement if Friedel leaves and are hoping that a new challenge will get the best out of Almunia.
Despite last season's let-down, Almunia was still one of the best keepers in the Premier League when it came to the number of clean sheets.
Villa are expected to name their new manager before the Premier League game against Newcastle on August 22 and the deal for Almunia could be finalised next week.
Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...nd-cranks-up-article550077.html#ixzz0wPtPkjIF

If only... Schwarzer >>>>> Almunia.

Argentinian press are reporting Liverpool have sold Mash to Barca. 15m Euros plus Hleb. They'd better be wrong.

Argentinian press are reporting Liverpool have sold Mash to Barca. 15m Euros plus Hleb. They'd better be wrong.

hleb is a decent player but you should still have got more money for mascharano. maybe 20-25 plus hleb.

Hleb, is a class player, he was amazing at Arsenal. 25m plus Hleb would be a great deal, but not 15 plus him

Indeed, they better be. We really don't need a player like Hleb. Wouldn't mind something along the lines of 25 Million and Maxwell ;)

Hleb's a good player, too much Midfielders at Barca, not a fair chance. Lucas, Poulsen, Aquilani, Hleb. Not bad. Not happy with the money if this is true, mind you

Anyone know any thing about Utd's new Striker? I heard we was playing 3rd division football last year?

guardian's pretty bang on most of the time so expect ramires very soon. which is also why i hold out some hope for ozil

Moussa Dembele having a medical at Fulham today, not sure on the fee but I imagine it is said to be around the 5 Million mark. I am sure Fulham will just announce is as undisclosed :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back