The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Marseille midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa has vowed not to play for the club again as he tries to engineer a move to Newcastle."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6313784,00.html

Not sure I like this attitude/way of forcing a move, but if it works hopefully that passion will come out on the pitch too

It's just the same story - kid throwing his toys out of the pram.

I hate that footballers sign contracts after looking at the money involved without first deeply considering the duration - so aggravating.

More from Ben Arfa, well it's the full quote that article was based on:

It's because the club officials don't give a **** about me that today I announce that I am prepared to put my career on hold if they do not accept the offer from Newcastle as agreed at the start.I am [not] prepared not to play all season. I am not just a sack of dirty washing or a piece of ****. I will do what it takes and I will organise myself to train physically.

I will not return to La Commanderie (Marseilles's training ground). It's over. I am ready to not play this season. I have my pride, my dignity. I am not a stop-gap... Over time, people will see that I was right. Just because we are paid does not mean we are slaves.

Newcastle have committed themselves to give Marseille what they were asking for, which is a loan with an option to buy.

To be fair, he was told that he was not needed, and then as soon as Niang left (who wanted out for a couple of years) he was told he had to stay.

Last edited:
More from Ben Arfa, well it's the full quote that article was based on:

To be fair, he was told that he was not needed, and then as soon as Niang left (who wanted out for a couple of years) he was told he had to stay.

He has a point clubs should not force players to stay if they dont want to play for the club.

According to The News of the World, Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer is set to bring an end to his two-year stint at Craven Cottage and move to Arsenal next week.
The 37 year old will reportedly sign a two-year-deal to join the Gunners, with the fee yet to be agreed.
It is speculated that the Australian international will move for around £3 million, and will take the No.1 jersey ahead of Manuel Almunia.

According to The News of the World, Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer is set to bring an end to his two-year stint at Craven Cottage and move to Arsenal next week.
The 37 year old will reportedly sign a two-year-deal to join the Gunners, with the fee yet to be agreed.
It is speculated that the Australian international will move for around £3 million, and will take the No.1 jersey ahead of Manuel Almunia.

Or, reports in the USA suggest Shay Given is on the verge of signing for Arsenal after England hopeful Joe Hart was picked ahead of him by City boss Mancini. Ex- Newcastle Team mate Warren Barton hinted: "For me, there is no doubt he could be at Arsenal football club"

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/42260/Barton_Given_is_going_to_Arsenal.aspx

Sliiiiight problem with that article. Mainly that Rafa has no control of transfers at Inter whatsoever. Mourinho didn't either. Purslow really needs to put a sock in it. Inter's probably still not received the Balotelli money yet from City. Once that's in, I'd expect a bid to be made although if Inter want to get a cut price deal then they may have to wait til the summer.

Liverpool in for Milevskiy?

Babel to Wolfsburg for 9 mil?

Liverpool new bid for Scott Parker?

Pool bid 3 mil for Fulhams Konchesky?

Enough rumours about Liverpool?!?

Inter after G. Dos Santos?

Hmmmmmmm

Mauro Zarate to Fiorentina after his latest lazio bust up ?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Gobbi leaving Fiorentina ?
Eduardo Salvio going to Fiorentina ?
Mauro Camoranesi to Milan ?

Look at www.football-italia.net

Ben Arfa is set to snub Newcastle United and join German side Werder Bremen for £8million. Sky Sports News.

Gutted to all you Newcastle fans who we're set on him arriving. Some **** even had his name on his shirt monday at OT just without the number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back