Kun, out of interest did you consider giving some of the players a more aggressive role (changing the AP's to attack) and reducing the mentality?

I've found (particularly in this version) that the lower down the mentality ladder you are, with more aggressive roles, the more dangerous the whole team seems to play.

I'm sure you tried all this, just wondered what you think.

Kun, out of interest did you consider giving some of the players a more aggressive role (changing the AP's to attack) and reducing the mentality?

I've found (particularly in this version) that the lower down the mentality ladder you are, with more aggressive roles, the more dangerous the whole team seems to play.

I'm sure you tried all this, just wondered what you think.

I didn't tried all this, because I don't have enough time to do that, unfortunately... :/ About the attacking mentality on AP, that way probably we will loose possession, and we don't want that :)

mayankv and USMNT, you can always exchange ideas, but please keep the cordiality between you guys! :) USMNT isn't the owner of this thread, but have been helping me answering some question that users make, when I'm not here, and I appreciate that. I agree with him most of times, and if I don't agree with him, I'll give my feedback. And mayankv, you also have your point and I'm also agree with what you said before. So, I hope that we can talk and chat about everything without arrogance or disrespectful between us.
Cheers!:)
kun

mayankv and USMNT, you can always exchange ideas, but please keep the cordiality between you guys! :) USMNT isn't the owner of this thread, but have been helping me answering some question that users make, when I'm not here, and I appreciate that. I agree with him most of times, and if I don't agree with him, I'll give my feedback. And mayankv, you also have your point and I'm also agree with what you said before. So, I hope that we can talk and chat about everything without arrogance or disrespectful between us.
kun

Well said!

I am just commenting that it is happening at a much higher frequency than prior to the patch so I am suspecting that it has something to do with the changes made during the patch. Or are you telling me that the patch changes nothing about the game?

Let me ask you another question as well, when do you think it is easier to score?
a) When you are 2 yards away from the goal;
b) When you have ran 30-50 yards with the ball, with defenders chasing after you and a goalkeeper closing down on you.
I think it's obvious, don't you? :)

They do change when the ME is changed, like this winter transfer patch, but it's much more frequent people thinking they need an attacking mentality to have an attacking team and on top of this they add Much Higher Defence Line

a) depends, you might be 2 yards away and have a bad angle to shoot and score. Indeed, you had 20 shots on goal but from where were your shots made ? Did you check it ?
b) When a team has space it's easier to score but if you don't believe try watch the match from yesterday between Arsenal and Monaco and you'll get the answer. An excellent example that proves an obvious theory.

and you still miss my two questions :)

please guys on the team pep guardiola most important thing is not only possession of the ball but as midfielders could make through balls ... MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE POSSESSION is the "through balls" of midfielders
Please guys we add this tactic together the possibility of the through passes by the midfielders at the wingers and false nine , so it is more like the tactic of guardiola in barcelona :)

please guys on the team pep guardiola most important thing is not only possession of the ball but as midfielders could make through balls ... MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE POSSESSION is the "through balls" of midfielders
Please guys we add this tactic together the possibility of the through passes by the midfielders at the wingers and false nine , so it is more like the tactic of guardiola in barcelona :)

tactica, we all know that, but it's a bit harder, at least put that on paper in FM having through balls to wingers and F9 and also possession. I've tried to put my CM taking more direct passes through F9, or even the wingers, passing the ball to one of the CM who comes into the area from back... But in my opinion, at least on FM, it's harder to combine both: possession and massive possession, like Guardiola did on Barcelona's tiki-taka.

My response was very constructive. I assisted you in finding out the answer to your question, and also helped you learn how to figure out the same type of question if it were to come up again for you in the future :) Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime :)

Also, 15.3 just came out yesterday. I do not recall telling you in the past that you should update to the latest patch. But, if I did, then it was from 15.1 to 15.2. You just asked if this tactic works on 15.2, so that means between back then until now, you in fact did update from 15.1 to 15.2. So, what is stopping you from 15.2 to 15.3? I am sure you gave me this same gripe about how you don't want to update to 15.2 because you want to just play 15.1 and play the game how you want. That is very true. We can most definitely play the game we want. But, with all that said, and with your passion about sticking to 15.1, you obviously folded and updated to 15.2. What is stopping you then from doing the same thing and updating to 15.3? lol

You did not assist me. Your response was far from constructive and it came after my question was answered already by the person whom I asked. What your response clearly did do however was step into a conversation between 2 people, not concerning you, your thread, or your tactic.

I updated because I was PM'd this set of tactics by ellis and they looked great, to use and to tweak. Plus I wanted to try the SATOROX tactic. They are both working great for me with my old patch and I don't want to update. I however, wanted to try this because of the possession stats. That's why I asked.

I am not here to argue unnecessarily and I hope I have answered all your questions because you asked me. Happy to help.

Last edited:
kun

I agree with you and I am sorry for going off topic on your thread.

Anyway, to USMNT also - I just thought it was unnecessary for you to come in the middle when the question was answered. Plus it was the second time you had outrightly accused me of having a pirated copy. Anyway, I would like to let it go now and get the attention back to this thread.

I agree with you and I am sorry for going off topic on your thread.

Anyway, to USMNT also - I just thought it was unnecessary for you to come in the middle when the question was answered. Plus it was the second time you had outrightly accused me of having a pirated copy. Anyway, I would like to let it go now and get the attention back to this thread.

No problem, mayankv. We have to chat in order to clarify things, even if we going off topic once in a while. Everybody have different ways to think, but we need to know how to socialize. Like I said before, USMNT have been helping me answering (and I must say, most of the times, correctly), and I really appreciate that. Aparently, you and USMNT have previous conflict but in my eyes (I talk on this thread obviously) he didn't made anything wrong. But maybe it was like I said before, you know each other from others threads and now both "explode" here! lol Just take it easy and enjoy the game the way you really want!

Cheers.

I apologize. let's get back on track and enjoy this amazing tactic.

Tiki Taka is such a beautiful way to playing football. Can't wait to start my save.

Tiki Taka is such a beautiful way to playing football. Can't wait to start my save.

No worries. It's all cool!

I agree, it is the best form of football in FM when it clicks!

No worries. It's all cool!

I agree, it is the best form of football in FM when it clicks!

USMNT and mayankv, about that stuff.... xD I put my "reserve" players to play against Cordoba (because in 3 days I'll play against Man City, yeah, those guys again against Barcelona lol), and... take a look at this:
View attachment 296704
And the amount of passes:
View attachment 296703

I don't know what to start first:
-Liverpool Tiki save
-Athletic Tiki save
-Vanarama Conference N/S Tiki save (might be tricky to run this tactic in such a low level)

USMNT, about that stuff.... xD I put my "reserve" players to play against Cordoba (because in 3 days I'll play against Man City, yeah, those guys again against Barcelona lol), and... take a look at this:
View attachment 782212
And the amount of passes:
View attachment 782214

Holy ****. 71% possession and 951 passes? This is without any adjustments, right? The 15.2 tactic? That is incredible.

I don't know what to start first:
-Liverpool Tiki save
-Athletic Tiki save
-Vanarama Conference N/S Tiki save (might be tricky to run this tactic in such a low level)

I'm playing a save online with a friend of mine in Vanarama Conference South (Ebbsfleet) and I'm using a 3-5-2 (also my creation ^^) but in a couple of games I played with this tactic and is a bit tricky, you can count on that... lol

Holy ****. 71% possession and 951 passes? This is without any adjustments, right? The 15.2 tactic? That is incredible.

71%?? No... 76% ! LOL. Without any tweak! Rafinha shots less often than Messi when plays as F9, so I take care of the ball much more time... :)