Attachments failed .. This is so random . It might work for Barcelona but sure not going to work for lower teams. I mean I won't waste time testing a very fluid with Hard tackling CB's. You sure know this is a wrong setup.

**** you.. I was waiting for you since 7th November!

Attachments failed .. This is so random . It might work for Barcelona but sure not going to work for lower teams. I mean I won't waste time testing a very fluid with Hard tackling CB's. You sure know this is a wrong setup.

Ok. It's up to you. Like I said before, I made this to work on strong teams, and I don't know if it works or not in weaker teams, so... I really apreciate your honesty. :) But don't waste time coming here too. ;) Thanks.

Ok. It's up to you. Like I said before, I made this to work on strong teams, and I don't know if it works or not in weaker teams, so... I really apreciate your honesty. :) But don't waste time coming here too. ;) Thanks.
What? you own this forum? Anyways ofc im not going to waste my time. Good luck with your hard tackling defenders.

What? you own this forum? Anyways ofc im not going to waste my time. Good luck with your hard tackling defenders.

No, I do not own this forum, but I'm the "moderator" of this thread. And that way, I must preserve the good behavior and the cooperation between users. And if you don't like this thread\tactic, don't come here to flame. You are only wasting time and giving unnecessary comments... But thanks for giving your point of view.

Hi miguelalves, nice to hear that, it's good to know that you remember the 1st version of my tactic! :) And yeah, there are changes from the old one to this. The role of the Defensive midfielder, for example. There are no Inside Forwards now, but the wingers appear in front of the goal any way, because the "false 9" role it's better defined on FM15. The Full back support a lot, but not as much as the old one... And yes, by now and with this patch, the control mentality is more suitable now for possession.

I didn't use it but I remember it, quite successful indeed.
This is the concept I like most, to control the match and by control I mean that it's both defensive and attacking. For my experience, it's more about knowing how to match player roles and right TI (team instructions) than mentality and this because I've used almost all: Attacking, Control, Standard and Counter and all of these have concepts that make us remember the good old Pep's Barcelona (or the current Bayern with several differences because of the different players): attacking - means possession is used mostly by the defensive players and accelerates at front (check); control - tries to build patiently looking for spaces (check); standard - it's both defensive and offensive (check... since tiki-taka was neither offensive or defensive, it was both - one of the key concepts); counter - because it allows to move the ball around deeper without crowding the space near the opposition goal (check). Quite impossible to make a mix of all these in one mentality :). On the top of all this, we have Guardiola him self stating that it likes speed, high speed (does high intensity translates faithfully ???) and Fabregas stating "every player has a specific duty" (this would mean Balanced team shape in FM terms) and "we have freedom of movement with the ball, not without the ball" (not sure how this translates). Finally, there might be something to work with the so called "runners" and "passers": those players roles which have automatically activated dribble frequently and those who don't, so I'm just wondering that wingers might not fit into the concept.

Would like to read your thoughts on this :) and congratulations for your work.

Parabéns, esperei essa tática nos últimos patchs do FM14 e infelizmente por está ocupado você não conseguiu nos disponibilizar... Porém fico feliz por você disponibilizar para o FM15 e espero que você também esteja atualizado ao longo dos patchs :D, testarei ela aqui com o "CORINTHIANS" no campeonato BRASILEIRO.

Abraços irmão luso :D

I didn't use it but I remember it, quite successful indeed.
This is the concept I like most, to control the match and by control I mean that it's both defensive and attacking. For my experience, it's more about knowing how to match player roles and right TI (team instructions) than mentality and this because I've used almost all: Attacking, Control, Standard and Counter and all of these have concepts that make us remember the good old Pep's Barcelona (or the current Bayern with several differences because of the different players): attacking - means possession is used mostly by the defensive players and accelerates at front (check); control - tries to build patiently looking for spaces (check); standard - it's both defensive and offensive (check... since tiki-taka was neither offensive or defensive, it was both - one of the key concepts); counter - because it allows to move the ball around deeper without crowding the space near the opposition goal (check). Quite impossible to make a mix of all these in one mentality :). On the top of all this, we have Guardiola him self stating that it likes speed, high speed (does high intensity translates faithfully ???) and Fabregas stating "every player has a specific duty" (this would mean Balanced team shape in FM terms) and "we have freedom of movement with the ball, not without the ball" (not sure how this translates). Finally, there might be something to work with the so called "runners" and "passers": those players roles which have automatically activated dribble frequently and those who don't, so I'm just wondering that wingers might not fit into the concept.

Would like to read your thoughts on this :) and congratulations for your work.

I really appreciate your (big) message :) eheh About the mentality, the Balanced is also a good option, cause can assure possession with more careful on the defense... I like the Control mentality, because asume that we are favourite to win, but build the "plays" more safety, which improve the possession. About those Wingers, there are not the possibility to put them much higher (like on previous FM14), so I can't put them like they were on Pep's tiki-taka in Barcelona. And all the wingers roles, the one who looks like Villa and Pedro, is the Wingers [Extremos] (I know it seems strange, cause they weren't pure wingers on the Pep's system) the rest (Inside Forward, etc) does not match up with the style I want to see. Cause the importance of the wingers are to be much open, to give width to the attack, and appear "only" sometimes in the game...

Parabéns, esperei essa tática nos últimos patchs do FM14 e infelizmente por está ocupado você não conseguiu nos disponibilizar... Porém fico feliz por você disponibilizar para o FM15 e espero que você também esteja atualizado ao longo dos patchs :D, testarei ela aqui com o "CORINTHIANS" no campeonato BRASILEIRO.

Abraços irmão luso :D

Hi SCCPVini. Before all, I would like to ask you to write in english, those are the rules of the forum/thread. About your kindly message, I have to thank you for your support and to have followed me before! :) Yeah, the job I have now, doesn't allow me to play as much as I want, so I'm sorry... And probably, I can't make such a good tactic like the previous on FM14... :/ But, let's give it a try! :) I hope to be updated on the patches, but I can assure you, isn't that easy now... But let's try! :)

Thanks again, zuca! :)

Olá SCCPVini. Antes de mais, eu quero pedir-te que escrevas em ingles, pois essas sao as regras aqui do forum. Sobre a tua mensagem, tenho que te agradecer o apoio e o facto de me teres seguido anteriormente. :) Yeah, o emprego que tenho agora, nao me permite jogar tanto quanto queria, por isso peco desculpa... E provavelmente, nao poderia fazer uma tactica tao boa como a anterior do FM14... :/ Mas, vamos la tentar! :) Espero tambem estar atualizado com os patches, mas nao posso garantir, nao vai ser facil agora... mas vamos tentar! :)

Uma vez mais obrigado, zuca! :)

Nice to see this back. One of my favorite for FM14.

Hi MacaulayRose7!! :) Hope you can enjoy this, as much as the old one. I know it will be hard, to hard, but at least I tried! :) eheh

Give some feedback when you try! :D And thanks for your opinion! :'D

I really appreciate your (big) message :) eheh About the mentality, the Balanced is also a good option, cause can assure possession with more careful on the defense... I like the Control mentality, because asume that we are favourite to win, but build the "plays" more safety, which improve the possession. About those Wingers, there are not the possibility to put them much higher (like on previous FM14), so I can't put them like they were on Pep's tiki-taka in Barcelona. And all the wingers roles, the one who looks like Villa and Pedro, is the Wingers [Extremos] (I know it seems strange, cause they weren't pure wingers on the Pep's system) the rest (Inside Forward, etc) does not match up with the style I want to see. Cause the importance of the wingers are to be much open, to give width to the attack, and appear "only" sometimes in the game...

Yeah that's a must, the importance of width to allow the players in the middle to go forward (although it could become interesting the wide players coming inside and the inner players going wide :D, but I guess this is more to work in football than in FM ). This might be a good example of how ppm (player preferred moves) are important because although you go with a winger or with an AI, you can always work the player with some ppm to do what you want him to do. Take note that lectures are great in this FM edition, finally there's a way to counter complacency :)

... I forgot to ask do you see the F9 exaggerating the long shots ? It was a bit of an issue in FM14 and it seems it hasn't improve yet.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a must, the importance of width to allow the players in the middle to go forward (although it could become interesting the wide players coming inside and the inner players going wide :D, but I guess this is more to work in football than in FM ). This might be a good example of how ppm (player preferred moves) are important because although you go with a winger or with an AI, you can always work the player with some ppm to do what you want him to do. Take note that lectures are great in this FM edition, finally there's a way to counter complacency :)

... I forgot to ask do you see the F9 exaggerating the long shots ? It was a bit of an issue in FM14 and it seems it hasn't improve yet.

You ask and you ask right... That happens too many times. I've tried almost everything, but on previous patch, were worst!! More than 60% of shots were long shots, and I hate this!! Now, the number of long shots is lower. But my "False 9" is Messi, so scores a lot. I can't imagine if he was CR7 taking those shots.... pfff xD

i'm on mac, and this file just won't download, please help!!!! really want to try this tactic out!!!