The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

• Thread starter Thread starter kun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 677K
Getting destroyed with Yeovil too :(

Just an update, after selecting the tactic for all 3 slots and following marcelp's instructions on training, I'm now on a 13 match winning run with my Yeovil side. Never realised how important familiarity and team cohesion are to a tactic's success. Sorry for doubting your work kun!

I am with Porto with a very good squad but i got a problem. You know Quintero is a beast but i cant use him in this tactic in his preferred position, do you think he would be good as an offensive playmaker playing as a MC? Or should i use an alternate tactic when i need him?
Anyways im doing pretty well with the tactic, its fantastic. I like to see the best tactic here was made by a portuguese .

You should try him as central striker.

My idea is that every team can have Messi, it's own Messi, and quintero can do that

I am with Porto with a very good squad but i got a problem. You know Quintero is a beast but i cant use him in this tactic in his preferred position, do you think he would be good as an offensive playmaker playing as a MC? Or should i use an alternate tactic when i need him?
Anyways im doing pretty well with the tactic, its fantastic. I like to see the best tactic here was made by a portuguese .

Yeah, but if you prefer can put Quintero as Right Inside Forward ;) he has a great long shots! :) but he's also good as advanced Playmaker (Central Midfielder). But, FCP doesn't have good wingers, so, maybe is better to have him on the right. Vamos carago!! :P

Just an update, after selecting the tactic for all 3 slots and following marcelp's instructions on training, I'm now on a 13 match winning run with my Yeovil side. Never realised how important familiarity and team cohesion are to a tactic's success. Sorry for doubting your work kun!

Thats way I said the Marcelp also is very important on this thread! :) don't have any problems with complains mate ;) but ofc... it's very important familiarity... and in my opinion, "Team cohesion" is OP !! That's why I use almost all season "Team Cohesion". But now I'm trying new training methods. :)

You should try him as central striker.

My idea is that every team can have Messi, it's own Messi, and quintero can do that

Yeah, and in Porto you don't have any "Messi" (the closer you can get is QUINTERO!)... Jackson Martinez and Ghilas are "area players" lol

How are you getting on with the new tweak's kun,when do you think it will be ready

How are you getting on with the new tweak's kun,when do you think it will be ready

I'm not at home jasonbhoys. So, tonight I'll play a few more matches and let's see what happens... :) What is your opinion about the team to try?? Conitnue with my save on Barcelona or try another one with other team (1st season)?? The choice was Dortmund for some guys here... What do you think?

Yeah, and in Porto you don't have any "Messi" (the closer you can get is QUINTERO!)... Jackson Martinez and Ghilas are "area players" lol

I have to disagree. You have Iturbe and i think Kelvin can also play in the position

I am with MrGrieve on this, try a Premier League team such as everton, newcastle etc.

I'm soooo confused! This tactic worked wonders with my Anderlecht save. Tried it with a Liverpool save and it's going terrible. Not even changed anything that i've done either!

I have to disagree. You have Iturbe and i think Kelvin can also play in the position

They (Kelvin e Iturbe) are really good players but to play as wingers, because they don't have great passing quality. That's way I said Quintero is the "Best Messi" you can get in Porto.

how deep should i drop the defensive line in order to get a more decent approach to defending through balls?

how deep should i drop the defensive line in order to get a more decent approach to defending through balls?

You have 2 choices: drop deeper or drop very deeper. Choose one and test. if its not working test the other. If none works, don't bother with it, change the FBs role from automatic to support

Hi, I just registered to say thanks for the tactic and to post some of my results. I'd tried a couple of different tactics from here, but none of them worked as well as yours.

I played as Norwich (Media Prediction 14th) and managed to secure Champions League football by finishing 4th.

View attachment 454565

72 goals is pretty incredible for Norwich. Here's a list of the fixtures I faced.

View attachment 454560View attachment 454559

It was pretty consistent and I only had back-to-back defeats during a horrible away run against the top three clubs. My players, particularly the inside fowards and my wingbacks, played really well:

View attachment 454561

And lastly, my overall goals scored / conceded against teams of different reputation:

View attachment 454562

Thanks again!

Well, I've played until my birthday date on FM :) and to be honest I conceeded too many goals, and that was a change that I need to tweak the new version. So, by now I'll not upload the new tweak!!

But, here they are... Some SS from this short career :) :
League table so far so good...
View attachment 454558
Centre Striker (and he misses all the penalty he had):
View attachment 454557
My quad (order by rating):
View attachment 454556
The calendar...:
View attachment 454555

Good night, everyone!

Last edited:
Hi, I just registered to say thanks for the tactic and to post some of my results. I'd tried a couple of different tactics from here, but none of them worked as well as yours.

I played as Norwich (Media Prediction 14th) and managed to secure Champions League football by finishing 4th.

View attachment 419692

72 goals is pretty incredible for Norwich. Here's a list of the fixtures I faced.

View attachment 419704View attachment 419706

It was pretty consistent and I only had back-to-back defeats during a horrible away run against the top three clubs. My players, particularly the inside fowards and my wingbacks, played really well:

View attachment 419703

And lastly, my overall goals scored / conceded against teams of different reputation:

View attachment 419700

Thanks again!

Glad that you have enjoyed it, mate! :) I hope to see you around here more often, since you have registered :)

Have fun playing this game, that's all I ask! :)

Once more, thanks a lot.

Back