The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

• Thread starter Thread starter kun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 677K
Hi Kun,
Just won the champions league!!! Thank you for this wonderful tactic. Now the board gives me 35m to spend :D

I have few questions: -did you do anything different to Lewandowski's role/instructions? I know last time you said to set him to Poacher but he doesn't perform as well as in your's in the SS above, doesn't score as many (28 app, 15 goals).
-Should I just ignore when my assistant manager tells me to retrain players like Erik Lamela to striker o_o?
-Does this also mean when I try to scout for players, should I look for strikers instead of wingers?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey Kun,

The tactic is now working again in my second season (Everton, 3rd place) but I need some advice:

Next season I am planning on buying a lot of players, since my stars (Schurrle, Nainggolan, Barry, Oliveira, etc) are all from LOAN, and I want to purchase new players.

But, I am afraid the team will take too long to gel. What do you suggest to get them to gel before season start? how many weeks should preseason last?

Thanks.

Hey Kun,

The tactic is now working again in my second season (Everton, 3rd place) but I need some advice:

Next season I am planning on buying a lot of players, since my stars (Schurrle, Nainggolan, Barry, Oliveira, etc) are all from LOAN, and I want to purchase new players.

In my second season with Liverpool, I bought in 14 new players. I would advice you to load up the Russian league in view only mode and start the game in June, make sure your pre season lasts 7 weeks. Put the tactic in all 3 spots, put the slider to the extreme left and train on tactics and tactics only as match prep and general training.

With that your tactic should be fluid by the 3rd or 4th Friendly, after that, switch training to as mentioned in the OP and by September your team should be fully gelled.

But, I am afraid the team will take too long to gel. What do you suggest to get them to gel before season start? how many weeks should preseason last?

Thanks.

In my second season with Liverpool, I bought in 14 new players. My advice to you would be to load up the Russian league in view only mode, start the game in June and make sure pre season lasts 7 weeks. Then put the tactic in all 3 slots and put the slider all the way to the left, training on tactics and tactics only. This way your tactic should be fluid by the 3-4th friendly, after which change training to as mentioned in the OP and by September your team should be playing really fluid football.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Parmoboy You cant get your head around 2 people having the same opinion?

Oh and i didn't post in 2012 because i was in Afganistan and had more important things to do keeping my **** from being blown to kingdom ***. Next!
For some one "Claiming" to be in the army, you sure are acting like a immature kid. Most of the guys I know that have/are in the Army do not act this "childish" on a football forum. And I know two-three of them that DO play Football Manager games.

Well, I've played until my birthday date on FM :) and to be honest I conceeded too many goals, and that was a change that I need to tweak the new version. So, by now I'll not upload the new tweak!!

But, here they are... Some SS from this short career :) :
League table so far so good...
View attachment 419708
Centre Striker (and he misses all the penalty he had):
View attachment 419710
My quad (order by rating):
View attachment 419713
The calendar...:
View attachment 419716

Good night, everyone!

It seems working Well!
8 goals Don't seem To be too much for fm 2014.
I'm quite convinced that it's impossibile To Keep the net clean!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2

Hi Kun,
Just won the champions league!!! Thank you for this wonderful tactic. Now the board gives me 35m to spend :D

I have few questions: -did you do anything different to Lewandowski's role/instructions? I know last time you said to set him to Poacher but he doesn't perform as well as in your's in the SS above, doesn't score as many (28 app, 15 goals).
-Should I just ignore when my assistant manager tells me to retrain players like Erik Lamela to striker o_o?
-Does this also mean when I try to scout for players, should I look for strikers instead of wingers?

Cheers!
Hi Buckingham! :) Lewandwoski on my save was the "corner bug", so he scored even more then the expectable. But, aside that, he scored a lot even without the "corner bug". I've put him as "Complete Forward" and "Support".

Should I just ignore when my assistant manager tells me to retrain players like Erik Lamela to striker o_o?

I think that your assistant is drunk. lol I guess isn't necessary, Lamela is pretty good playing as Right Inside Forward. But if you wanna try him as Centre Striker (Complete Forward) you could retrain him as Striker.

Does this also mean when I try to scout for players, should I look for strikers instead of wingers?

You take the risk ;) in my opinion the Inside Forwards must be really quick, good skilling abilities and, if it is possible good finishing (you both feet, would be perfect).

And thanks a lot for the words mate!! Now, spend well the money :)

Hey Kun,

Thanks.

Hi ShaGunner!
Oh, that's good news! :) eh eh

If you wanna do a lot of changes, it's recommended that your preseason last 5/6 weeks. And me sure that you train hard the tactics. xD

Good effort Im using a very young PSV Side P20 W18 D1 L1, In my opinion this tactic does heavily rely on the corner bug which to be honest I hate watching it makes the game un-realistic. One thing you deserve credit for is the way the team keeps the ball very good, i just cant help but feel the rigidity and the lack of movement/chances created up front from open play really lets this tactic down.

Definetly some lessons I will take and apply into my own tactics regarding keeping the ball.

Good effort Im using a very young PSV Side P20 W18 D1 L1, In my opinion this tactic does heavily rely on the corner bug which to be honest I hate watching it makes the game un-realistic. One thing you deserve credit for is the way the team keeps the ball very good, i just cant help but feel the rigidity and the lack of movement/chances created up front from open play really lets this tactic down.

Definetly some lessons I will take and apply into my own tactics regarding keeping the ball.

hey this tact works fine with PSV i know because i playing with psv to. you can always change matavz role to Complete forward support not sure if it will works still gotta test it myself to.

Bakkali can also play fine on the rightside along with depay on left.
I always sell Toivonen i really hate him

I changed the tatic to have the corners off, and still had great sucess with this as a base tactic, just tweak it a lil bit and you still get som lovely football with no corner mischief :)

Hi Kun, when you put the new tactic??? :)

Hi Bojinov! :) :) :)

I'll try to do some changes, but that tactic I was trying on Dortmund, will not to come out to download, because I didn't liked to watch the defensive movement of the defenders and the Defensive Midfielder.
And I will not upload a tactic, just to get more "downloads". That tactic must have substancial changes in order to improve our football ! :)Just wait... And maybe I wont upload a new tactic before the patch. :)

Hi Bojinov! :) :) :)

I'll try to do some changes, but that tactic I was trying on Dortmund, will not to come out to download, because I didn't liked to watch the defensive movement of the defenders and the Defensive Midfielder.
And I will not upload a tactic, just to get more "downloads". That tactic must have substancial changes in order to improve our football ! :)Just wait... And maybe I wont upload a new tactic before the patch. :)

Oooooooooooook :) I edit the previous post, with the results of second season, now start the third ;)

Well, I've played until my birthday date on FM :) and to be honest I conceeded too many goals, and that was a change that I need to tweak the new version. So, by now I'll not upload the new tweak!!

But, here they are... Some SS from this short career :) :
League table so far so good...
View attachment 419708
Centre Striker (and he misses all the penalty he had):
View attachment 419710
My quad (order by rating):
View attachment 419713
The calendar...:
View attachment 419716

Good night, everyone!
When your tweak out?

Hey Kun,
Thanks, I'll definitely change lewandowski to the corner taker guy :)

I am in a dilemma atm as I need a new midfielder. I have Honda and Dembele which are excellent atm but missing cover for them. Which would you recommend:
Kevin Strootman (25 y/o atm) for ~25m VS Joao Moutinho (28 y/o) for ~38m? Moutinho definitely has better stats but is older by 3 years.
Those two players are what I was able to scout with your recommended attributes. Or do you have a better recommendation :)

Hello men, I think this is the BEST tactic in FM14, use this tactic for EVERY save and you will enjoy FM14.

Hey Kun,
Thanks, I'll definitely change lewandowski to the corner taker guy :)

I am in a dilemma atm as I need a new midfielder. I have Honda and Dembele which are excellent atm but missing cover for them. Which would you recommend:
Kevin Strootman (25 y/o atm) for ~25m VS Joao Moutinho (28 y/o) for ~38m? Moutinho definitely has better stats but is older by 3 years.
Those two players are what I was able to scout with your recommended attributes. Or do you have a better recommendation :)

Like you know, I'm portuguese and I love Moutinho, but for that value I would go for Strootman ;)

Back