The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

• Thread starter Thread starter kun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 677K
My main question is should we make any changes during the game when we are losing? Like taking DM off and putting an extra striker. Or should we go on with the tactic without making any changes no matter what score is? Thanks. Keep it up.

This can be the most problematic issue in the tactic. Since you are attacking with everything you got, what can you do when it does not work? How can you attack more when you are already overloading them?

Well, i'm not having too much time IRL to test it, but in theory what need to be done is: change the attack method!

In other words:

- having left foot man on the left side and right foot on right side.
- changing the role of the central attacker to Poacher.
- crosses to box (not to target, very important)

This will make your team attack but using different weapons: crosses and finishing in the box. The opposite winger (im calling winger the right and left striker) will come to the box to help, and getting both winger and FBs crossing, plus having both MCs coming to the box, will put 2 crossers and 4 in the box.

If also not scoring, changing players can help also. Messi could not be the best man to be the central striker, but putting a "pine tree" player can help (Pizarro, Hugo Almeida, Cardozo).

I know that this will not be tiki taka, but ****, we want victories, right?

This can be the most problematic issue in the tactic. Since you are attacking with everything you got, what can you do when it does not work? How can you attack more when you are already overloading them?

Well, i'm not having too much time IRL to test it, but in theory what need to be done is: change the attack method!

In other words:

- having left foot man on the left side and right foot on right side.
- changing the role of the central attacker to Poacher.
- crosses to box (not to target, very important)

This will make your team attack but using different weapons: crosses and finishing in the box. The opposite winger (im calling winger the right and left striker) will come to the box to help, and getting both winger and FBs crossing, plus having both MCs coming to the box, will put 2 crossers and 4 in the box.

If also not scoring, changing players can help also. Messi could not be the best man to be the central striker, but putting a "pine tree" player can help (Pizarro, Hugo Almeida, Cardozo).

I know that this will not be tiki taka, but ****, we want victories, right?

And if we are losing, we can put the "Wing back" play one slot forward, :) and our defense will be just the two "Centre Back". And if you want, change the role of the defensive midfielder to one Deep-Lying Playmaker, for example.

View attachment 453786

Any idea what this is? It ended my 24 matches without losing series (6 of which with this tactic). Players kept placing the ball onto keeper's hands like if it was a freaking training. And we didn't really get many real chances despite the stats above. First goal I conceded was by a mistake-y situation where my player lost the ball by simply passing to his teammate's back feet on the midfield, and the other one was from a loose ball in the penalty area caused by a side free kick.

Last edited:
View attachment 421476

Any idea what this is? It ended my 24 matches without losing series (6 of which with this tactic). Players kept placing the ball onto keeper's hands like if it was a freaking training. And we didn't really get many real chances despite the stats above. First goal I conceded was by a mistake-y situation where my player lost the ball by simply passing to his teammate's back feet on the midfield, and the other one was from a loose ball in the penalty area caused by a side free kick.

Its the Match Engine its broke

View attachment 421476

Its the Match Engine its broke

...and this happens in real life sometimes.

And if we are losing, we can put the "Wing back" play one slot forward, :) and our defense will be just the two "Centre Back". And if you want, change the role of the defensive midfielder to one Deep-Lying Playmaker, for example.
kun do you think you could make this tactic your talking about here and post it please ? im having trouble at the moment and really could use the help
thanks alot

Hi, just wanted to quickly say thank you for this tactic.

I really like the style of play, though I do find it quite weak away from home so I'm planning on using a control mentality for away games to see how it fares.

I was just wondering if anyone had any decent player recommendations.

I've just found Luciano Vietto and he looks like he could be an absolute beast in the ST role.

He only cost me ?6m and has a very good goalscoring record for Lisbon.

The only issue with him is that his agent has very high demands and is very impatient so I've only managed to sign him on a two-year deal, I'll have to hope it doesn't come back to haunt me!

Hi, just wanted to quickly say thank you for this tactic.

I really like the style of play, though I do find it quite weak away from home so I'm planning on using a control mentality for away games to see how it fares.

I was just wondering if anyone had any decent player recommendations.

I've just found Luciano Vietto and he looks like he could be an absolute beast in the ST role.

He only cost me ?6m and has a very good goalscoring record for Lisbon.

The only issue with him is that his agent has very high demands and is very impatient so I've only managed to sign him on a two-year deal, I'll have to hope it doesn't come back to haunt me!
Go to the OP there's a player filter list for download

Hi Kun,need your help.I won 1-0 in San Siro aginst Barca and now im playing in spain against them.I cant go with normal tiki-taka tactic there because they are stronger at home.What should i change if i want to keep the advantage?
(Abc Portugu?s)

Hi Kun,need your help.I won 1-0 in San Siro aginst Barca and now im playing in spain against them.I cant go with normal tiki-taka tactic there because they are stronger at home.What should i change if i want to keep the advantage?
(Abc Portugu?s)

I would go the for the same ;) eh eh remember that you are away and one goal could be crucial... To be honest, I would do that... But it's your elminatory and I don't know what are your possibilities... :P

well i gave up my premiership title to chelsea who finished above me by 4 points in season 2 but im gonna come back stronger in season 3 and get it back where it belongs

Go to the OP there's a player filter list for download

I know that, I just wanted people's opinions. Also, the filters don't account for not wanting a left footed player in the SL role and a right footed player in the SR role.

Just won 1-2 :D.I made some changes.Attacking instead of overloading,removed running over the defense and changed left and right forwards to wingers.

Just won 1-2 :D.I made some changes.Attacking instead of overloading,removed running over the defense and changed left and right forwards to wingers.

Keep your hard work! :) and keep posting, amigo! :D eh eh

I'm finding that I'm getting most of my goals from corners using this tactic?

(Playing the demo version of the game right now, if that makes any difference)

Back