The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

• Thread starter Thread starter kun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 677K
Yeah, previously on this thread I told to a user this:
"Before those games try to change the training system to "Deffensive Movement". And, maybe change the mentality: instead of "Overload" just "Control". As I said before, I don't know if this tactic works on lower teams... And if this not work try one of this three steps (from the strongest option to the weakest):
1) The most important is to retreat your full backs. Change them to play as "Full Back" and not as "Wing-back". And "support" or "defend" (never the "attack" role). [must do this step].
2) The Winger also have to retreat a litle on the field (but let them as Inside Forward).
3) Put the striker (deep-lying forward) as Offensive Midfielder. (Or do this step or the 2nd step).

You must be conscious that when you manage Cartagena (for example) you just can't wait to win or even draw against At. Madrid or better. (just an example)

Hope I've helped you, and I'm sorry! This tactic isn't that perfect, working against all teams of the world. :/"

But of course you can try (I don't know if works or not) to put the mentality as coutering :)

I did saw the part about training and i am gonna try that firts wehn i am gonna try this tact.
Normal in pre season first year i train tacts an very high and pre match also on tacts so team can adapt way faster to the formation and second year ill use team cohesion and pre match tacts.

And during season training balanced average and pre match defence or attack depending on my games.
And i couldnt see what the team mentality was on your screens because it wasnt english.
So controlling ment will suite better if the nomal ment is overload.

And changing players role isnt really my thing because i suck if goes about tweaking or creating a tactic.
So ill try the training first and than the team ment.

Going to wait how my current tact is going and than ill try this one

Thank you, i'll try this tonight and i'll post screenshot!!

My Ensligh isn't perfect aswell, at least we try... ;)

The easiest way to see is going to the Xavi's profile and see where he has the attributes at 18/19/20. :) eheh. I'm not at home, but I can tell you this:
MC: Passing, Technique, First Touch, Dribbling (not need to much), Creativity, Decisions, Concentration, Team-work. And some physical (not big deal if hasn't)
The wide striker or Inside Forwards: Dribbling, Technique, Finishing, Composure, Creativity, a bit of passing and first touch), Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace.
The centre Striker: Dribbling, Technique, Finishing, Composure, Creativity, Passing, First Touch,Acceleration, Pace... Well, the most complete possible :) to pass and assist and score.
(it's possible that I'm forget some attributes, because I'm not with the FM open here :/ )

Lost my first game 5-3, I'm Liverpool and was playing Manchester City away.

Will keep going with this tactic however I am using Team Cohesion/Teamwork on Average..is that correct?

Hi Lewisk23,

Yes, it's correct! ;) Give some more games and I thnik you will win! :) unfortunately you had such a difficult match as 1st one... And 5-3 away against a team like Man City isn't good, but isn't that bad... ;) keep trying mate, and let me now :D

GENERAL TRAINING:
Main Focus: Team Cohesion
Intensity Level: Average

SCHEDULING:
Match training: 30%
(Only allow rest before the match)

MATCH TRAINING:
Att. Movement/Teamwork
Tactics: The Truly Tiki-Taka - by kun

Team cohesion = ALL SEASON (except pre-season, when I do "tactics")
Teamwork = almost all season (except when your team isn't creating so much opportunities...)

I did saw the part about training and i am gonna try that firts wehn i am gonna try this tact.
Normal in pre season first year i train tacts an very high and pre match also on tacts so team can adapt way faster to the formation and second year ill use team cohesion and pre match tacts.

And during season training balanced average and pre match defence or attack depending on my games.
And i couldnt see what the team mentality was on your screens because it wasnt english.
So controlling ment will suite better if the nomal ment is overload.

And changing players role isnt really my thing because i suck if goes about tweaking or creating a tactic.
So ill try the training first and than the team ment.

Going to wait how my current tact is going and than ill try this one

Ok Marcelp... I'll be here waiting to see your post when you use this tactic. The mentality is "Sobrecarregar = Overload".

View attachment 457461

hey kun think we spoke on page 4 i said i would give it a go with an english side was really pleased with this game its only 3rd game of the season an not fluid yet either :)

hi Kun,why have very poor defence???:S

Well, this is a very very offensive tactic. So, if you are conceding too many goals, try to do this:
1) Instead of "overload" put "attacking" or even "control";
2) The wing-backs put them as "support" instead of "Automatic";
3) Instead of do the line 2) , if you prefer, can put the both wing-back playing as "Full-back" + "support". (more defensive)

Last edited:
View attachment 412827

hey kun think we spoke on page 4 i said i would give it a go with an english side was really pleased with this game its only 3rd game of the season an not fluid yet either :)

Nice one mike!! GLAD!! :)

Great match against a direct Premier League contender!! Please, continue posting your "success" or "insuccess"! :D

i will do kun. you my friend are a legend :D

Oh thanks! But I'm too far to be a legend, pal ;) I already be happy if I could put my knowledges into a tactic and share with you and with entire community of fm-base!! If well succeded, better!! :D

But once more, thanks for the words!! Are extremely important! ;)

Kun talk me what win with this tactic?thank you?

You wanna know what I've won using this tactic?
Well, with Mantova easy wins and finish at 1st without a lost.

And later I'll put here a SS of my accomplishments with Barcelona.

English - According your name (Ivo), I guess you are portuguese and your english seems to be a litle confused (I already told, mine isn't much better lol), but do this: write the post in English and below write in Portuguese. I guess that way isn't forbidden... Must contain English. (If it's wrong this way, please someone tell me).

Portuguese - (Pelo nome (Ivo), eu acho que tu falas portugues, e o teu ingles as vezes parece-me um pouco confuso (como ja disse o meu nao e muito melhor lol), mas faz assim: escreves o post em Ingles e em baixo escreves em PT. Acho que isso nao fara mal... Mas tem que conter ingles... (se for errado fazer assim, por favor alguem me diga)).

Last edited:
Like what I saw. Seems that you put some real effort on this.
Gonna try this one in Sporting CP... I will post some results.

what is the best pitch size ? max ?

If your players had good stamina, I guess it's ok to choose the maximum size. But the regular size works pretty good! ;) If not try the real size of Camp Nou: 105 x 68... :)

Like what I saw. Seems that you put some real effort on this.
Gonna try this one in Sporting CP... I will post some results.

You don't imagine how much... I did camp this year on summer vacations and with me, beside my tent and sleeping bed, I took the books!! :) One in special. I had read it twice this summer... And I were really anxious for the release date of FM14!! Finally I could put my knowledges on "paper" ! :) And very glad to being so well succeded (by now).

Hmm, watch out with Benfica and Porto! :))) eh eh

I'll be waiting for your posts!

You don't imagine how much... I did camp this year on summer vacations and with me, beside my tent and sleeping bed, I took the books!! :) One in special. I had read it twice this summer... And I were really anxious for the release date of FM14!! Finally I could put my knowledges on "paper" ! :) And very glad to being so well succeded (by now).

Hmm, watch out with Benfica and Porto! :))) eh eh

I'll be waiting for your posts!

What books did you read Kun? I'm going to give this a try with my Anderlecht save.

What books did you read Kun? I'm going to give this a try with my Anderlecht save.

Ricard Torquemada - "A Formula Barca"
(I don't know if the book has a name in English...Sorry. :/

If you love Barca and their style and you wanna know more about "blaugrana", just bought it! You will not regret!!

And later, let me know how it works on your Anderlecht! :)

Last edited:
Back