Hey guys, I've been using CE's 4-3-2-1 tactic with my own tweaks and I've been getting superb consistent results, and even managed to dominate Bayern in winning 3-0 away and at home, I only drew once in the league in 20 games since I've finished tweaking the tactic and unfortunaly got eliminated from the CL thanks to 2 stupid goals that one never expects them to go in (martial crossed from almost the left corner flag and the ball went in, dybala won a header against my 190cm CB.. so yeah).

I've been demolishing home and away my opponents, often winning 4-0, 5-0, playing beautiful possession football with amazing interplay between the team, I gotta say that these tactics got me playing FM again since I was in the verge of giving up completely from FM thanks to conventional tactics not working...

I'd love for you fellas to test these tactics and give me some input on how it went for you, some quick tips before you plug-in these tactics:

If your team doesn't have many players that have 13+ attributes at passing, first touch, vision, teamwork, techinque, off-ball you may want to tick-off : "Be more expressive" from the away tactic.

Training : pre-match Attacking movement, Balanced - high.

I use the away tactic on away games, home tactic at home games, and underdog tactic whenever I'm a huge underdog ex : I used the underdog tactic vs Manchester that was playing 10 players defensively and got up to 2-0 before switching to control

many thanks to Christian Eriksen to these superb tactics, and I welcome any of you to try and tweak even more

Results:

View attachment 1158052

Away tactic has been giving me superb results both away and home, I've thrashed Bayern again 4-0 home and 3-0 away, somehow I get fm'd on the CL every. god. ****. year

I fail to understand how my players shoot twice against the posts, and we draw 1-1 at home vs Arsenal, then away we were winning 3-1 till minute 90 with a missed penalty, and somehow Aubameyang with 65% energy scores 2 goals in 2 minutes which leaves me away from the CL?

God I've really given up on FM now, but I do really think that the away Tactic has some really major potential, thus I welcome any of you to experiment and tweak it even further

Away tactic has been giving me superb results both away and home, I've thrashed Bayern again 4-0 home and 3-0 away, somehow I get fm'd on the CL every. god. ****. year

I fail to understand how my players shoot twice against the posts, and we draw 1-1 at home vs Arsenal, then away we were winning 3-1 till minute 90 with a missed penalty, and somehow Aubameyang with 65% energy scores 2 goals in 2 minutes which leaves me away from the CL?

God I've really given up on FM now, but I do really think that the away Tactic has some really major potential, thus I welcome any of you to experiment and tweak it even further

ive started test your tactics with Newcastle (and in game editor so tactic 100% fluid)

1st game home vs stoke won 1:0 *after penalty
2nd lost away vs everton 4:0 (using away tactic)

then turn of couse i didn't saw any improvements from original CE tactic... but i will give a secon chance just use underdog tactic for away games this time :)

ive started test your tactics with Newcastle (and in game editor so tactic 100% fluid)

1st game home vs stoke won 1:0 *after penalty
2nd lost away vs everton 4:0 (using away tactic)

then turn of couse i didn't saw any improvements from original CE tactic... but i will give a secon chance just use underdog tactic for away games this time :)

Hey, thank you for taking your time using the tactic, I must say I'm quite wierded out by your results since another guy tested it with swansea in 10 games and he's 3rd in the EPL, anyway please keep testing further and if you may tweak it for your own team, thank you for your time and I'm sorry it didnt work for you

Hey, thank you for taking your time using the tactic, I must say I'm quite wierded out by your results since another guy tested it with swansea in 10 games and he's 3rd in the EPL, anyway please keep testing further and if you may tweak it for your own team, thank you for your time and I'm sorry it didnt work for you

don't be sorry mate its test not a long term save :) i like to test tactics... ok i am loading data test again... will post results in an hour :)) hopfully first test was just a mistake :)

don't be sorry mate its test not a long term save :) i like to test tactics... ok i am loading data test again... will post results in an hour :)) hopfully first test was just a mistake :)

Please keep in mind that the tactic needs to gel for a while, I got the best results 1st season I started to use it on the last months, from january to may I won all my games except for 2 draws against arsenal (lost on away games because aubameyang scored 2 in the last 4 minutes unbelievable), also the poacher role is of utmost importance as are the mezzalas and the playmaker, I noted that 13~14 finishing is not quite enough for my striker to bang in goals thus I was really wasting a lot of chances and drawing or loosing sometimes stupidly even if I dominated .. This is not quite the underdog tactic, but if you 're getting better results with the original tactic I would advise you to stick with that one, anyway thanks a lot for your response

Please keep in mind that the tactic needs to gel for a while, I got the best results 1st season I started to use it on the last months, from january to may I won all my games except for 2 draws against arsenal (lost on away games because aubameyang scored 2 in the last 4 minutes unbelievable), also the poacher role is of utmost importance as are the mezzalas and the playmaker, I noted that 13~14 finishing is not quite enough for my striker to bang in goals thus I was really wasting a lot of chances and drawing or loosing sometimes stupidly even if I dominated .. This is not quite the underdog tactic, but if you 're getting better results with the original tactic I would advise you to stick with that one, anyway thanks a lot for your response

Allright made a quick test... been impressed much more! but after few games i found the same problem with Lonely striker... D.Gayle missed so many chances!!! and thats the problem of this year ME... 523 tactics are outperforming any other tactics not becouse 5 defenders but becouse lots of strikers! any 1 striker tactic is simply not working unleas you had a messi as a striker... so i moved DLP to second ADVANCED FORWARD and formation transformed in attacking 442... results in picture :)

View attachment 56298

Allright made a quick test... been impressed much more! but after few games i found the same problem with Lonely striker... D.Gayle missed so many chances!!! and thats the problem of this year ME... 523 tactics are outperforming any other tactics not becouse 5 defenders but becouse lots of strikers! any 1 striker tactic is simply not working unleas you had a messi as a striker... so i moved DLP to second ADVANCED FORWARD and formation transformed in attacking 442... results in picture :)

View attachment 1158218

Dang these are some really superb results :eek:

Take into account please that this tactic works best when you have suitable players for those positions since it's not really an underdog tactic and especially you need a good poacher like I mentioned previously, need to have good speed and finishing or you can adapt the role to your forward, I noted that if you have a mediocre team but you have a superb finisher like bas dost and someone fast who can cross on the wings like adama traore you'll be banging goals against almost any team.

Could you post the team formation screen shot please? I'm glad you managed it to work for you

Dang these are some really superb results :eek:

Take into account please that this tactic works best when you have suitable players for those positions since it's not really an underdog tactic and especially you need a good poacher like I mentioned previously, need to have good speed and finishing or you can adapt the role to your forward, I noted that if you have a mediocre team but you have a superb finisher like bas dost and someone fast who can cross on the wings like adama traore you'll be banging goals against almost any team.

Could you post the team formation screen shot please? I'm glad you managed it to work for you

didnt save more screens :/ but you want to see tweak formation or my starting 11? :)

Darlow
mbemba
clark
lascelles
dummet
hayden
jonjo shelvey
merin
ritchie
atsu
D.Gayle

didnt save more screens :/ but you want to see tweak formation or my starting 11? :)

Darlow
mbemba
clark
lascelles
dummet
hayden
jonjo shelvey
merin
ritchie
atsu
D.Gayle

You said you were playing with 2 AF's I was curious to see what was your formation

You said you were playing with 2 AF's I was curious to see what was your formation

ohhh just remove DLP to second Advanced forvard and copy the player instructions mark tighter tackle harder shoot less often more passes... rest of positions dont change... so it became a 442 :)

View attachment 1158218

Like this ?

View attachment 56170

I think we've stepped on a golden mine, holy **** I haven't played any of those matches nor instant results, I simply simmed with the option "use your tactics ticked" changing depending on the games the away and home tactics.. holy **** champions 1st season only simming with southampton, my team's playing absolutely beautiful football.

Don't take mind to most of those losses, since I was tweaking the tactics against stronger opponents so I got some awful results that the now finalized tactics wouldn't give.

Formation

https://prnt.sc/jcds0l

Results

https://prnt.sc/jcds5s
https://prnt.sc/jcds7w

Transfers

prntscr.com/jcdsd7
jcds0l
jcds0l

Standings

http://prntscr.com/jcdtck

Last edited:
I must say, and for once holy **** I'm so excited, we've really found a normal tactic that over-delivers and produces really neat attacking possession football while enabling the strikers to score.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold, the results with Betis Balompie (predicted 11th), all results simmed with option "use chosen tactic" alternating between the home and away tactic for home and away games.

I put emphasis on the simmed part, because if one takes control of the team the results would surely be better, I've had happiness issues that I didn't address to, also I don't have almost any quality on my subs so when my key players got injured I couldn't do much and still won and dominated games

Standings

View attachment 1158412

Team

View attachment 1158413

Results

View attachment 1158414

View attachment 1158415

View attachment 1158416

I must say, and for once holy **** I'm so excited, we've really found a normal tactic that over-delivers and produces really neat attacking possession football while enabling the strikers to score.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold, the results with Betis Balompie (predicted 11th), all results simmed with option "use chosen tactic" alternating between the home and away tactic for home and away games.

I put emphasis on the simmed part, because if one takes control of the team the results would surely be better, I've had happiness issues that I didn't address to, also I don't have almost any quality on my subs so when my key players got injured I couldn't do much and still won and dominated games

Standings

View attachment 1158412

Team

View attachment 1158413

Results

View attachment 1158414

View attachment 1158415

View attachment 1158416

This is all with v3 in post #94 above?

i told you mate, 2 or strikers work way better then 1 striker tactics :)) i am thinking to test the same formation just used Advanced Playmakers instead of Inside forwards :) could work even better :)

i'm currently managing us avranches in france in 2042. got them promoted to ligue 1 but have been really struggling. switched to these home and away tactics and have won 7 games in a row so far, including a win over psg who are just insane on here now. think they've lost like 5 games in like 10 seasons or something stupid. hopefully it continues. cheers :)

i'm currently managing us avranches in france in 2042. got them promoted to ligue 1 but have been really struggling. switched to these home and away tactics and have won 7 games in a row so far, including a win over psg who are just insane on here now. think they've lost like 5 games in like 10 seasons or something stupid. hopefully it continues. cheers :)

Oh you don't know how happy I am to hear it worked that well for you, keep going and keep us updated mate, quick tip in the away tactic, the attacking mentality is knda a double-edged sword, it works well against teams that are not divisions away from you, if you face such a high disparity between team levels, sometimes it's good to use the counter-attacking tactic, I never lost using counter-attack even against Real, Barça, Atleti