The UK Politics Thread

How the heck did you read that and completely and utterly miss the point I was explaining to you?

Whether you agree or disagree, the very least you can do is what you're expecting others to do here. Afford someone to have a differing POV without going off the deep end and claiming a superior stance because you don't agree. Which you did.

I've already said I can see why people would want to remain in EU. I can't understand your stance on thinking your not English though. In a hypothetical sense your city is your country by the way we were talking, it just seems an odd value to have. Either that or I am totally mis-intepreting what you were meaning the other day.

I completely understand it the anger and bitterness its just directed in the wrong place. I just hope now the majority of the country have become involved in politics that they take the opportunity to become more educated about it. The way Farage, Boris et al are being labelled as some kind of national working class heroes that needs to change and fast

^ This ^ This will hopefully become one of the positives to come out of the referendum (along with a brighter future *crosses fingers*). There's far too many people that don't take an interest in politics, or seemingly don't care (which is understandable at times). But as you say people should take the opportunity to become more educated about it, because it's essential imo.

^ This ^ This will hopefully become one of the positives to come out of the referendum (along with a brighter future *crosses fingers*). There's far too many people that don't take an interest in politics, or seemingly don't care (which is understandable at times). But as you say people should take the opportunity to become more educated about it, because it's essential imo.

I worried about myself as a kid, as I was reading about politics from the age of 7 along with stuff about NATO, Warsaw Pact, nuclear warfare.....I think I chose the wrong career path lol

I've already said I can see why people would want to remain in EU. I can't understand your stance on thinking your not English though. In a hypothetical sense your city is your country by the way we were talking, it just seems an odd value to have. Either that or I am totally mis-intepreting what you were meaning the other day.

Are you being deliberately obtuse for the sake it? Serious question as this is this third time I'm repeating something now.

The point had NOTHING to do with how I feel about England. Or how you or anyone else feels about the EU. Save for using the word 'disconnect' that was relevant to both as an example.

It had EVERYTHING to do with how you react to one you don't agree with in a rage and superior manner whilst expecting everyone to sit and listen to your views on something. Ergo, think how you'd like to be respected before you steam in, in anger on something else.

If you don't get that this time, please just leave it mate instead of going off on another tangent. We'll be here all darn night

Yeah but there's a different between watching a propaganda program with fake promises and actually looking into politics.

As soon as the vote was revealed Nigel Farage went back on the promise to give £350 million a week to the NHS. What idiot actually fell for this in the first place?

Somehow people continue to surprise me by falling for such bullshit.

Yeah but there's a different between watching a propaganda program with fake promises and actually looking into politics.

As soon as the vote was revealed Nigel Farage went back on the promise to give £350 million a week to the NHS. What idiot actually fell for this in the first place?

Somehow people continue to surprise me by falling for such bullshit.

My dear Mother. *Hangs head.

Thankfully, this was a few weeks back when it was on the side of the bus she'd seen the news so we had that discussion about that lie. Having to educate your own Ma on issues. Sighs. Easy to see how people just believe the propaganda thrown their way.

I worried about myself as a kid, as I was reading about politics from the age of 7 along with stuff about NATO, Warsaw Pact, nuclear warfare.....I think I chose the wrong career path lol

Action Man your toy of choice per chance?

Always Star Wars for me haha.

I apologise for the language in advance but I absolutely detest this stupid yellow bellied racist fascist **** of a man. The glorification begins, seen so many people quote the 2 world wars in memes/pics etc saying we died for nothing. It infuriates me, what these poor souls died for was to stop fascist dictators imposing their will on the world, to stop ethnic cleansing and to put an end to ugly nationalistic thinking. The same thinking what this political party and the like share. Arrgghhh rant over

View attachment 142891

Action Man your toy of choice per chance?

Always Star Wars for me haha.

Naw always Star Wars for me. From the day I saw Darth Vader in THAT scene in the beginning of A New Hope....he was my hero :D

ZZ you keep mentioning scaremongering, but was that not the full stategy of the out campaign? Scaremongering about how the EU forces laws on us from unelected people ( it does not btw), immigration and how we are forced to pay 350 million to fund fatcat lifestyles and get nothing back? Pretty sure that was the full tactic of the pretty much Fascist Farage and Gove?

From what I've seen, both campaigns were absolutely terrible.

Leave were spewing full of half-truths, lies, and general bollocks.

Remain were just calling everybody racist.

Unrelated to this but,

Is this the fastest thread ever on here to reach 100 posts?

From what I've seen, both campaigns were absolutely terrible.

Leave were spewing full of half-truths, lies, and general bollocks.

Remain were just calling everybody racist.

You are not wrong mate and that is what was so dissapointing, chance to have full on EU debate amd it descended into farce. I blame the remain as much as the leave for this mess. Becuase it was left on the average man in the street to try and diffuse the mess.

I'm surprised. I came back 12 hours later and I expected this to be a huge shitfest. I guess the 3 rules in the OP do work :p We might need them in all club threads aswell!

I am curious to see what happens now. Well over 130,000 people have signed a petition to have a 2nd referendum on an EU exit (even crashed the website), which means it has to be considered for debate in Parliament. Interesting to see where this goes

I am curious to see what happens now. Well over 130,000 people have signed a petition to have a 2nd referendum on an EU exit (even crashed the website), which means it has to be considered for debate in Parliament. Interesting to see where this goes

That petition may gain some momentum (it might even go to parliament) but I can't see a second referendum happening. 17.4 million people voted to leave, and you simply cannot ignore the majority.

That petition may gain some momentum (it might even go to parliament) but I can't see a second referendum happening. 17.4 million people voted to leave, and you simply cannot ignore the majority.

Yeah can't see it happening either but no doubt there'll be some form of backlash.

Saying that I didn't see us leaving the EU either lol. Went to bed convinced it would be very close but we'd vote to stay in. So the way this day has gone I wouldn't rule anything out. But if there was a 2nd vote there would be absolute **** on

it will not see the light of day if that assclown boris gets the keys to number10

it will not see the light of day if that assclown boris gets the keys to number10

Just think. Boris and Trump having access to nuclear weapons. I feel so comfortable when I go to bed with that thought.........