The worst signings in premiership history

Gav123

Reaction score
As The transfers start to pour in! not all of them work out

who has been the worst for your team?

as a newcastle fan im going to have to say either jean alain boumsong ( who was amazing for rangers but 10 million down the drain ) or Xisco 6 million for a player who has took forever to settle hasnt scored a premier league goal and is just nasty!

Steve Marlet - Fulham £11.5m
Hugo Viana - Newcastle £8.5m
Adrian Mutu - Chelsea £15.8m
Francis Jeffers - Arsenal £8m
Khalid Boulahrouz - Chelsea £7m

I remember the roar about Hélder Postiga in Tottenham... Heavy price tag, played miserably if I recall correctly.

I'd have to say though, on a player viewpoint rather than a team one, Anderson was an awful signing. He shouldn't have been turned into a midfielder, period. He's not a 4-4-2 player.

Eric Djemba Djemba and Kleberson.

/thread.

would you class Shevchenko at 30 mil a failure?

lol you have 2 very good flops there but i reckon i can beat it as a united fan lol

Djemba Djemba......so good he flopped twice, (2ndly at villa)
Kleberson........ not all brazilians are good obviously
Veron........something stupid like 18m down the drain, then we managed to tuck chelsea up with him for him to flop again!
nearly every keeper between schmiechel and van der sar, Bartez.... way to eccentric, Bosnich.....why did we buy him, and not forgetting Massimo Tiabi.....what a buy he was
Most annoying of all, Diego Forlan, the most frustrating player we have ever bought, couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo, unless he was playing liverpool, goes to spain, then he scores goals for the fun of it, bangs in 30+ goals a season without blinking!

Shevchenko no doubt, we ruined his career, no 2 ways about it

Antonio Nunez, Milan Jovanovic, Christian Poulsen......

in a sense hargreaves too, more desperately unlucky, has so much potential but injury has ruined such a promising career

I don't think Veron was as bad as people say he was tbh. Yes he didn't live up to his price tag, but he was very good for us when he played the big games and was instrumental for us in Europe. We definitely paid too much for him, but he wasn't as bad as some make out to be.

Antonio Nunez
Paul Koncheskey
Christian Poulsen
hate to say it because i love the guy but Ryan Babel
Kromkamp
Sean Dundee
Erik Meijer
Djimi Traore
Josemi
Charles Itandje
Voronin
Jovanovic
Bellamy
Aquilani
Peggy Arphexad
Anthony Le Tallac
Bruno Cheryrou

Last edited:
forgot this gem

Albert Luque, Deportivo La Coruna to Newcastle United, £9.5m

djemba djemba
kleberson
veron
bartez all shocking

Barthez was arguably the best in the league for 2 seasons then he went completely mad. Wouldn't say that was a massive flop though

Ade Akinbiyi to Leicester for £5million surely.

Per Koldrup everton signed for 5 Million danish centre back , who had a fear of heading the ball?????