TheBetterHalf´s "Request a tactic thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score

Instead of closing the thread whilst making the tactic on the to do list, I have put the text of the opening post at the bottom of this post ( using the smallest size :D). This way, users can still report back with results and ask questions about the uploaded tactics.

To do list

1.).grco - Chelsea

2.9 Jimmr - Man C

3.) mrdippen - man u, a 442

4.)Nairmb - Arsenal

Finished Tactics

CCFC_1987 - Coventry - In post nr 18

Foreign Bob - Aston Villa - In post nr 19

Persion - Everton - In post number 24

nilelg- Leeds - In post number 43

TradeMark - U.d.C - in post 48

John_Cro - Man U - in post 64

Specific Team Tactics on request

( Not spellchecked yet, that function is not on this computer
biggrin.png
)

In this post, specific team tactics will be uploaded on request to suit your players. The tactics will be made to suit the actual squads and get the best out of the players. Of course, one team could play in many different ways, especially if the team has squad depth and many of the players have specific competence that stands out, but I will initially make one for each team.

Notice that If the team is full of regens and/or you are using a heavily updated db, it will impossible for me to make a tactic as I will base my reasoning on the players stats, preferred fott and ppms that are found in the 10.3 d.b

When I have a fair amount of requests, the thread will be closed and reopened when I have the time to take on new challenges.

The request post must contain the following informtion
- Team
- Screenshot of the squad with their position (not too small though)
-Screenshot of the preferred formation and lineup (pick a formation and the team )
- Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup
- State of you are willing to use another formation: yes/no
- Season:
- Division playing in:
- db - Like 10.3 or an update

As you understand, I will be able to actually test the tactic with the team if its a new save without too many transfers made, but otherwsise, I will be tweaking my other tactics, using the "TBH roles" that can be found in Part Two of my main thread Plug & Shout But rest assure, they WILL work. Also notice that none of the tactics will be exploiting any flaws in the ME and therefor, they will not win the league with Hull first season ;D

Disclaimer:

I cant promise that it will be possible to make a balanced tactic for the squad if the squad is hevaily unbalanced. NOre will I make tactics if the request is being posted in any other users request threads

The layout in my answer will be like the following

Team: Arsenal

Download link: from zshare and filefront

Formation: A link to a screenshot containing the players and their "TBH roles" found in the 2nd post

Reasoning: My thought behind it and what makes the tactic balanced. Why certain players are assigned the different settings etc

Tweaks:How to change things when having lots of injuries

Shouts and ingame tweaks:How to retain possseison etc, but also slight changes when facing certain formations. This might be the focus passing or even a slight change in the formation

Last edited:
I hope you know what your letting yourself in for. Good luck though. :)

- Team - Aston Villa
- Screenshot (not too small though) of the team - View attachment 92800 (scrolled down) View attachment 92803
- Season - 09-10
- Division playing in - epl
- db - large
-Preferred linup - hart
clyne...addison...dunne...baines
parker
jenas...cleverley
wilshere
c. cole...wickham
- Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup - jenas, c. cole, addison, hart, wilshere

if i need to buy players in jan i have 47.5m beacause i sold alot of stars

- Team - Aston Villa

-Preferred linup - hart
clyne...addison...dunne...baines
parker
jenas...cleverley
wilshere
c. cole...wickham
- Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup - jenas, c. cole, addison, hart, wilshere

Will get at it tonight. Any specific reason for leaving gabby out of the team ?To me, he is one of the best players in the game when given the correct settings and he is always the topscorer in the prem for me.

Last edited:
i am trying to see how far i get without some of my regulars
hence why i sold cuellar, petrov and carew :)

how did you get darron gibson on loan? everytime i trie they say he is not available for loan

Team - Coventry City
Coventry City.png
Coventry City-2.png
Squad with positions.
Coventry City-3.png
preferred formation and personal
Key players - gibson, wood, barazite
State of you are willing to use another formation: yes
Season - 1
Division playing in - Coca Cola Championship
DB - 10.3 small

Perfect information, thank you :d
I wil have a look at it and if most players at already at the club ( i.e no transfers made), I upload a save and play about 15 CCC-matches with it before uploading it

how did you get darron gibson on loan? everytime i trie they say he is not available for loan
i just done a scout report on him, it said he may be available for loan so i offered. if your in the premiership they may not want to loan to a rival club

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Perfect information, thank you :d
I wil have a look at it and if most players at already at the club ( i.e no transfers made), I upload a save and play about 15 CCC-matches with it before uploading it
yea its mainly the original squad, only players bought are dean lewington, wes morgan and angel(spanish striker). loans are gibson and barazite the rest is the original squad

10.3 and Leon Best in the side? How is that possible?

Please refrain from questioning the players in the users squad, even if "***" should have Messi in his bradford team.
After all, this thread is about building a tactic around a specific set of players and everything else is irrelevant

Last edited:
Please refrain from questioning the players in the users squad, even if "***" should have Messi in his bradford team.
After all, this thread is about building a tactic around a specific set of players and everything else is irrelevant

Sorry my bad! :p
Was just curious though.

yea its mainly the original squad, only players bought are dean lewington, wes morgan and angel(spanish striker). loans are gibson and barazite the rest is the original squad

I cant seem to find this Angel, acn you upload a screen of him and his stats ?

FIRST TACTIC UP

User: CCFC_1987

Team: Coventry

Download link: Tactic attached at the bottom of the post

Formation:

coventry.png

Reasoning: The team has no quality wingers but do have many reasonably good MCs.
Angle has speed and its important that we use that, he is therefore given the Riot FC role. AS all other forwards lack somewhat in quality and/or specific competence, they are provided with mixed in all settings and with little creative freedom. He is given a free role though and moves into channels as this settings opens up space for the TQ in the AMC position and for the Advanced playmaker that also moves into channels late in the attacks.

In midfield this team has quality. I am not thinking about the loans but in Gunnarsson. To me, he is an absolute beast in any of the MC positions or even in AMC. The AMC is set as a TQ with a fair amount of creative freedom. This player also roams and moves into channels. He is also the only player in the tactic that has a tweaked, higher, mentality as I want him to drag the DCs out of position.

The 2 Central midfielders are one Advanced playmaker although we don’t use one in the tactic as they are simply not good enough to be in total focus. The MCleft has been given drifting settings and will play an easy passing game, mainly getting the ball to the TQ or Riot FC from a wider position

The defence has vey little attacking duties and they stay behind at all times. The team is simply not good enough to use attacking fullbacks or wingbacks

Suggested starting lineup:

FCR - Angel
FCl - Any of the other FCs
AMC: Barazite
MCr - Gunnarsson
MCl - Gibson
DMC - Cork

Tweaks: If having injuries on the Riot FC, then remove his Hold up ball. If not having any players available that can handle the advanced playmaker role, then provide the MCleft with a Ballwinning role instead.

Shouts and ingame tweaks:

Attacking

Tactic Tweak – change the roles of the fullbacks to Wingback and on automatic
Strategy change - Attack
Shouts – Get the ball forward

Defensive

Strategy change – Defensive
Shouts – Take a breather

Counter
Strategy change – Counter
Shout – Play more narrow: This will not effect the width as its tweaked but it will change the focus passing to through the middle

Last edited:
SECOND TACTIC UP

User:
Foreign Bob

Team: Aston Villa

Download link: Tactic attached at the bottom of the post

Formation:

villabob.png

Reasoning:

The formation was set ( I assumed that you wanted this narrow diamond correct ?). The play is focused through the middle and as always with my tactics for “normal” teams, the default starting strategy is Control.

Here, we are using rather attacking fullbacks to provide width. As Baines on the left side is a good crosser, he is set as an attacking fullback. On the right flank, we want more t-balls onto the Riot FC, AMC and box2box midfielder playing on the same flank

IN the DMC position, we use a defensive player to make the tactic more stable and in front of him, one advanced playmaker( not used as a playmaker in the tactic though) playing a rather direct game is combined with a Box2Box that lets Jenas use his ppms ( run through the middle) by giving him more creative freedom than the wizard suggests. To make space available for him, the AMC is given a free role and is making lots of runs from deep, hopefully dragging the defensive midfielder, fullbacks or DCs out wide

Upfront, we have 2 mobile FCs. that swap position My favourite, the RiotFC that combines his speed with his anticipation and dribbling to beat the last man and one more deep lying player that drifts wider, also holding up the ball

Suggested starting lineup:

FCR - Well, I would still say gabby since he is so good. Otherwise Cole here
FCl – Cole if not playing in FCR, then the young gun, just remember to untick the HUB
AMC: Wilshere
MCr - Jenas
MCl – Your choice( Cleverly ?)
DMC - Parker

Tweaks: If having injuries on the Riot FC( cole and Gabby), then remove his Hold up ball. If not having any players available that can handle the advanced playmaker role, then provide the MCleft with a Ballwinning role instead. If getting quicker DCs, then you can raise the d-line by a couple of notches

Shouts and ingame tweaks:

Attacking

Tactic Tweak –Set focus play to default
Strategy change - Attack
Shouts – Get the ball forward

Defensive

Strategy change – Defensive or Counter
Shouts – Take a breather
Shouts – Retain possession

Counter
Strategy change – Counter
Shout – Pass ball into space