TheBetterHalf´s "Request a tactic thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, When I made he tactic I just uploaded for Everton( post 24), I used Liverpool as a testing team as well as Everton.. I think that this formation would be great for your team

FC - Torres
AMC - Any of your new AMCs
AMR - Gerrard
ML - Babel
MC - Aquillani
DMC - Mascherano

How does this sound ? Would you like a different formation or is this fine ?

ok sweet thanks. I will have a go with it now.

4TH TACTIC UP

User:
nilelg5

Team: LEEDS

Download link: Tactic attached at the bottom of the post.

Formation:

leedsnow.png

Reasoning:

THE MIDFIELD

Lets start with the midfield as this is, once again, the key in this formation. As we use 3 central players, we use one player that moves forward, getting into the box and one that sits deeper, acting more as a cover MC whilst spreading t.-balls from deep

THE ATTACKING MOVES

Here, there are 2 things that is important. The movements of the AMR/L, FC and the support and supply from midfield. In many of my tactics, I use a Riot Fc upfront, a player that always consider him self at the end of the moves. In this formation though, its important that he does and the reasons are two. Firstly, he is too lonely and secondly, your attackers is simply not good enough to beat his man. There for, he does not roam, neither hold up the ball and run with it a lot but instead, he moves into channels, acting more as a link player moving sideway, passing the ball onto one of the wingers before getting into the area

The wingers are given the same instructions and their role is…Defensive winger. !! Whilst some of their settings are tweaked, the key settings that are not touched, being that they get a lower creative freedom and hold up ball. They huge the touchline but hen the space is found inside, they use their free role to move into the box

THE DEFENCE

The DCs are normal but as they are on the slow side, we play with a slightly deeper d-line than would have been the case otherwise. The fullbacks are set on automatic but feel free to change this to attack when playing at home and/or inferior opponents.

Suggested starting lineup:

DMC – Killkenny
MCleft = Howson, better stamina
MCr = Johnsson

Tweaks- The fullback as described. This tweak I would recommend that you use in all home matches and away to lesser teams
- The set pieces. These settings you have to tweak on your own

Shouts and in game tweaks:

Attacking

Strategy change - Attack
Shouts – Get the ball forward to play more direct
Shouts - Play wider – this will make you use the flanks more

Defensive

Strategy change – Defensive or Counter
Shouts – Take a breather
Shouts – Retain possession

Counter
Strategy change – Counter
Shout – Pass ball into space and/or Get ball forward

Update in personal squad:

Out:
Edson Puch (really wanted to get rid of him)
Lucas Acosta (loan)
In:
Luis Jimenez (Free)
Nicolás Medina (Free)
Oscar Belmonte (regen stats follow):
Belmonte.png

Update in personal squad:

Out:
Edson Puch (really wanted to get rid of him)
Lucas Acosta (loan)
In:
Luis Jimenez (Free)
Nicolás Medina (Free)
Oscar Belmonte (regen stats follow):
Belmonte.png

The tactic is almost ready. I have used a top team ( man c) when testing as I assume that your team is a title challenger. It will be uploaded tonight.

Results have been rather good

udcs.png

Team: Chelsea

Squad & Formation:

attachment.php

and

attachment.php

Key players: Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry, A. Cole
Willing to use another formation: Yes
Season: 1
Division playing in: Premier League
DB: 10.3

I'd like to have 2 formations, so I can switch between them depending on the opposition, or injuries to my wingers/inside forwards. The 4-2-3-1 is based on Wenger's, and works better against weaker teams, but not so good against ManU. The 4-1-2-1-2 is based on Ancelotti's and I use it against ManU.
I'd love to see your suggestions. Thanks.

5TH TACTIC UP

User:
TradeMark

Team: U.d.C

Download link: Tactic attached at the bottom of the post.

Formation:

udccomplete.png

Reasoning:

Here, I have taken no account of the actual players but instead created a balanced tactic using the requested formation

The approach uses 3 link players. One Defensiv DMCr, one defensive AML and the TQ that plays alone upfront. In the formation, we also use a ballplaying DC.

THE DEFENCE

Here, we pack the midfield with our 3 DCs, 2 DMCs and our 2-way MC. The central players ( DCc and MC) are on zonal marking so that they don’t dragged out of position whiulst the outer player DCl, DCr and DMCs are on manmarking. The Wingers do also help out covering the flanks

THE MIDFIELD and ATTACK

Here, we are mostly channelling the play down the right flank, simply because most players are rightfooted. If your DCc and MC are leftfooted, you will see more balls down that flank

The MC often comes deeper to pick up the ball and hand it on either to the link winger on the left. He then advances into the area. On the right flank the AMR often goes straight at the goal as instructed but if he has some ppms like run down right flank, he will do so and crosses are often slotted away by the TQ in the box, the AMC in the box or by a long shot from the MC. If the player in AML can be taught gets inside the box, then he will be leathal at the far post.

As for the AMC and FC dus, the FC acts like a false 9, moving sideways into channels or comes deep to link up with the midfield. The AMC often finds space inside the box, using the free space that the deepcoing FC has created

Suggested lineup

FC - Your best and mots complet FC
AMC - One that does NOT come deep in his PPMs, Can be a FC

AMR - right footed
AML - Any good winger

MC - Stamina, can be a AMC
DMCleft - The better passer
DMCR - The stronger one
DCc - The more intelligent, creative and better passer

Shouts and in game tweaks:

Attacking

Tactic Tweak – Untick the tweaked d-lie
Strategy change - Attack
Shouts – Get the ball forward
Shouts – Play Wider

Defensive

Strategy change – Defensive or Counter
Shouts – Take a breather
Shouts – Retain possession

Counter
Strategy change – Counter
Shout – Pass ball into space and/or Get ball forward

Last edited:
Thanks TBH, I'm gonna try this formation out soon.
1 Question, if I have a lot of offensive left footed players, do I turn the formation around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Team: Chelsea

Squad & Formation:

attachment.php

and

attachment.php

Key players: Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry, A. Cole
Willing to use another formation: Yes
Season: 1
Division playing in: Premier League
DB: 10.3

I'd like to have 2 formations, so I can switch between them depending on the opposition, or injuries to my wingers/inside forwards. The 4-2-3-1 is based on Wenger's, and works better against weaker teams, but not so good against ManU. The 4-1-2-1-2 is based on Ancelotti's and I use it against ManU.
I'd love to see your suggestions. Thanks.

For me to make these 2 formations user friend, so you can switch between them in-game after making some subs, what players do you want to switch places ?

Should The AMR go to FCleft and the AML to DMC...or The AMR to FCleft and the AML to DMC ?

Well, the defence stays the same for both formations. Anelka can be both FC, and AMR, Ballack can play anywhere in the midfield, and Malouda can play AMC, AML and FC.

I can go from the 4-2-3-1 to 4-1-2-1-2 without any subs. Malouda moves to FC, Ballack to DMC and Joe Cole to AMC. Or if I have Anelka instead of Joe Cole in the starting lineup, Malouda moves to AMC, Ballack to DMC, Anelka to FC.

From 4-1-2-1-2 to 4-2-3-1 it's a bit trickier. I think it would need at least one sub.

But don't worry about that. I won't be changing the formations during a match. If one doesn't work against some teams, I will make a note, and try the other one next time. So the starting lineups can be different.

The reason why I requested a tactic from you is that you also give the reasoning, which I like, and I can also think about it, learn something, and make some changes if I'd like. I don't want to just download some "unbeatable" tactic and use it without any thinking. :)

Thanks in advance.

Petrzalka

So, I will give it a try. If you can't do this, because of the transfers I already made - of course I understand...

Team: MFK Petrzalka
Division plying in: Slovak First Division
Season: nearing the end of 2009-10
DB: Large with all European Leagues, basic 10.3
Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup: Erik Cikos
State of you are willing to use another formation: Yes

Screenshot of the team:
View attachment 98313
Screenshot of the prefered lineup:
View attachment 98314
Screenshot of the tactics page:
View attachment 98315

PS: I have made pretty much transfers, but most of them are free transfers, so you can get these players pretty easy. And about the players which came from some other teams, Aleksandar Branekov is just pretty ordinary DC (best in squad though), Ernad Skulic is just the enhanced version of Jaroslav Hilek who is already in squad and Tomas Opiela is just a little older version of Filip Kiss (I have him only because I need someone to be Deep Lying Playmaker if Kiss is injured).

Here is the screenshot:
View attachment 98316

So, I will give it a try. If you can't do this, because of the transfers I already made - of course I understand...

Here is the screenshot:
View attachment 98316

You are correct in that I cant actually use the team to make a suitable tactic...but.. I think that if you are willing to use a narrow diamond ( you have 2 amc/Fc) and a DMc ( you have 2), then you could use the one or COVENTRY that is attached in the first post. I have used this myself for lesser teams and it works really, really good

Ok, thanks I will try that. In fact, I was using narrow diamond tactic before, but I didn't seem to score goals, so I tried 4-3-3. Not much changed thought, still not scoring :) ... Let's see what I can do with this Coventry tactic.

Ok, thanks I will try that. In fact, I was using narrow diamond tactic before, but I didn't seem to score goals, so I tried 4-3-3. Not much changed thought, still not scoring :) ... Let's see what I can do with this Coventry tactic.

I am currently making a few Chelsea formations and I se no reason why you should not be able to use them as well as your journey goes on. They will be up tonight. Never mind that they are for Chelsea, all my tactics CAN be used with any CLUB

Last edited:
Cool, I can't wait to see them. :)

@Beast15: Are you from Slovakia?

Cool, I can't wait to see them. :)

I have made the 2 formations you requested and now I am making 2 more. One that looks like the narrow diamond but with a AML - FC - FCright and one Wide Diamond.All formations using 2 FCs have one thing in common and its that the 2 Fcs swap position, one drifting and one that goes for goal and its uses a target man.

Just beat Arsenal away 3-0 with my Blackburn side :D ( I am using them with a lesser team as well to make sure that the tactic is good and its not only down to the quality of players)

Status
Not open for further replies.