TheBetterHalf´s "Request a tactic thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds great. The Ancelotti's rigid narrow diamond from TT10 I was using until now is a very solid formation for premier league. Man Utd can't play against it. I haven't lost a single game to them. Also was good against Arsenal, but I had problems against Real Madrid, I got beaten 6:1 once. :(

Would you be so kind to make a tactic for Man utd in their first season? If it's not too much. I just want to compare your way of thinking with mine.
Thank you in advance, indeed

Man U tactic will be up as I had almost finished one enyway

Last edited:
MAN U TACTIC

manucontrol.png

manuleft.png

manuright.png

Reasoning:

When playing on the highest level, its important to have balance through out the team and therefore, I have used 3 central players that have strength, teamwork and work rate.

The Defenders

The Dcs are both very limited and so is the fullbacks playing on the same flank as the Winger. The other fullback is much more attacking and provides width in the attack. Therefore, its important to use the most pacey ( Ferdinand) on the same flank as the attacking FB.

As you might see, this leaves us with an option. Either use Evra as the attacking on the left flank and use the right wing tactic or restrict Evra and use the Left flank tactic .In the end, its all down to the preferences you have in the wingers but one has to make the choice and build a team around this fact

The DMC

Is on zonal marking so he does not get dragged out to the flanks. He acts like a balance player and although Carrick might be slightly wasted here, we don’t have much choice than using him. In the long run, I would get another DMC that is slightly better in the air and play Carrick on one of the MC spots

The MC-combo

Here, there is a big difference in their job.

The 2-way MC acts like a box to box and he uses the space opened up for him by the 3 front men. He often arrives at the far post when the possession is on the other flank and makes direct diagonally t-balls onto Rooney when advancing with the ball.

The Drifting MC have a different job and it to drag the opposition out wide, often getting the attention of both the central Mc and the winger, creating space for both Rooney and the 2way MC. Not seldom, he passes the ball back to the DMC that in its turn shift flank onto the Winger or deep coming TQ. If he manage to beat his man he either runs down the flank for a cross or puts a t-ball onto the Winger, the TQ or Rooney

The 3 up front

Berbatov, The TQ – playmaker or target man

berbs.png

PPMs: Comes deep to get the ball, the rest I would unlearn

As described earlier, he can be use both as a playmaker( default in the uploaded tactic) and a Target Man ( in my defensive tweaks). For me Berbatov is one of the best in this role. Not only can he handle get in the correct position and actually handle the ball the first 2 seconds ( the black arrows) but can also do something with it. He sees passing options very few can and is also actually delivering them with accuracy( lime-green arrows). If presented with a chance to score, he can put it away as well (Olive arrows)

The winger

The thought here is that he too acts like a link player. He is given a tweaked mentality, set to the highest possible and holds up the ball. This gives us better possession when the opposition sits deep with men behind the ball ( and in their correct defensive positions). But when the opportunity is there, He will drift inside (using his free role or cut inside instruction) with or without the ball and go for goal, often using the space that the TQ has created for him by dragging his DC out of position when coming deep to get the ball

The other FC – Both setting up goals and scoring them him self

Rooney, who else !

As you can see, his settings are customized to suit him and his teammates. He drifts wide, he moves into the box. He sets up goals and is lethal.

roooonet.png

Going more defensive

manudeffo.png

Here, we try to hold on to possession, drawing the opposition on to us. AS you see, the tweaks made are the Strategy, the focus play and the fact that the TQ now is used as a Target Man instead. I do this not only when I want to hold on to a 1-0 lead but also when 3-0 up and I feel

that I rather see the game end 3-0 instead of making 5-0, risking that we are getting complacent and end up drawing 3-3. This change in strategy does not mean that the whole team gets more defensive as many players have tweaked settings that is not effected by the shouts and tweaks. The Winger has a tweaked mentality of 20 remember..

Going more attacking

As you see I am letting all the players but the TQ use the suggested closing down settings provided by the Wizard, something I do not do in the normal tactic, so these have to be changed by hand. I also untick the counter box as I feel that this only makes us loose out in possession. The Time wasting is tweaked as its otherwise too low and the tempo is reduced

NO Target Man or Playmaker is used here as the TQ almost never finds space when the opponent parks the buss. We also play down the flanks

manuover.png

Last edited:
Manchester City First Season

Obvious issue is a good start and getting my team to blend well, Blending is key to their responsiveness to tactics each other and team talk

Only formation I feel comfortable using/tweaking is 4231/4231 defensive with 2 DM's
Let me know the best option if you could I mean my chelsea.united/middlesbrough/southport tactics wont work I dont think
Heres what Im working with:
Chiellini/kolarov/lescott/toure/boateng/david luiz/gallas defence
Midfield: Toure/silva/gourcuff/de jong/barry/viera
Strikers: Balotelli/santa cruz/tevez/berba/kadlec/lukaku/
Preferably with AMC set as trequarista for tevez
Let me know if you can help me anyway

Manchester City First Season

Obvious issue is a good start and getting my team to blend well, Blending is key to their responsiveness to tactics each other and team talk

Only formation I feel comfortable using/tweaking is 4231/4231 defensive with 2 DM's
Let me know the best option if you could I mean my chelsea.united/middlesbrough/southport tactics wont work I dont think
Heres what Im working with:
Chiellini/kolarov/lescott/toure/boateng/david luiz/gallas defence
Midfield: Toure/silva/gourcuff/de jong/barry/viera
Strikers: Balotelli/santa cruz/tevez/berba/kadlec/lukaku/
Preferably with AMC set as trequarista for tevez
Let me know if you can help me anyway

I am making the final testing of the Chelsea tactic and that one needs a few more hours. I will get on your when that one is ready and uploaded.

TBH, dont you have any 4-4-2 for manchester united? its a waste to use only 1 winger when you have antonio valencia??

TBH, dont you have any 4-4-2 for manchester united? its a waste to use only 1 winger when you have antonio valencia??

I could make a 442 as well but it wont be as good as the previous uploaded. When playing with the tactic, I would probably use the right mirror with Valencia as AMR and Evra as the attacking DL. I find that this way,the tactic is more balanced

i'll try that one, and rotate with Nani and Valencia. Do you think Özil will work on the left wing? or is he another kind of player (more playmaker-style)

Last edited:
I know you did a tactic fot Manchester United.
But i hopre you could help with this anyway.
I know its a lot to ask for, but i really want a 4-4-2 (attack?) and maby a 4-5-1(balance?) to use in the hard games like, CL against top four in the PL...

- Key players are: I love them all, but Rooney is a must(no ****!) and i really like Anderson
- State of you are willing to use another formation: i guess, but i really like a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-4)
- Season: first.
- Division playing in: PL
- db is 10.3 with "Summer Transfer update 2010 Across the World V6" and like 3-4 own edits* (Only IRL transfers)

* Valencia is a little better in crossing and passing, and Rooney is little better in heading

Last edited:
Team: Arsenal
Screenshot of the squad View attachment 98802View attachment 98804View attachment 98806
Screenshot of the preferred formation and lineupView attachment 98809
Key players: Van Persie, Balotelli, Kroos, Fabregas, Ramsey, Wilshere (has very high PA)
State of you are willing to use another formation: Yes
Season:Summer before 3rd season
Division playing in: Premier League
Database: 10.3

I know you did a tactic fot Manchester United.
But i hopre you could help with this anyway.
I know its a lot to ask for, but i really want a 4-4-2 (attack?) and maby a 4-5-1(balance?) to use in the hard games like, CL against top four in the PL...

- Key players are: I love them all, but Rooney is a must(no ****!) and i really like Anderson
- State of you are willing to use another formation: i guess, but i really like a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-4)
- Season: first.
- Division playing in: PL
- db is 10.3 with "Summer Transfer update 2010 Across the World V6" and like 3-4 own edits* (Only IRL transfers)

* Valencia is a little better in crossing and passing, and Rooney is little better in heading

Both on my to do list.

I wont have much time this weekend though

EDIT: This is important

@ Nairmb- Have your players learned or unlearned any ppms ?

Last edited:
Hey i've ben using the default 4-4-2 tactic but i don't think it's getting the best out off my team i'm using an up-to-date database i would like to stick to the 4-4-2 formatian but with diferent settings etc but i'm willing to change formation the players i want the team to be built around at the moment are Kasper Schemicheal, Vladimir Weiss (I'm going to sign him at the end of the season), Robert Koren, Robert Snoddgrass and Nicolas Fauvergue here is screenshots of my team.

View attachment 98824

View attachment 98825

Many Thanks

Found my city formula mate
Inspired by your chelsea one I created a 41122 tactic and working well conceded 2 goals in 8 games in all comps scoring 3+ a game avg won them all

No more requests until the ones in the to do list are made. the thread will still be open though so that users can report back with results and ask questions about the uploaded tactics, just like stated in the opening post.

Hi, My Team is Redditch United in The Blue Square Premier. The Year is 2010...

I am willing to use another formation, and my database is unchanged.

Thanks

View attachment 99105

View attachment 99106

As written in the post just above yours

"No more requests until the ones in the to do list are made. the thread will still be open though so that users can report back with results and ask questions about the uploaded tactics, just like stated in the opening post. "

Can I request a tactic once you have finished your W.I.P?

Can I have a reserve place after you;'ve done your to do's? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.