Status
Not open for further replies.
Team- Everton

Key players -Hulk, Arteta, Yobo, Fellaini, Pienaar
State of you are willing to use another formation: yes
Season - 2
Division playing in - English Premier Division
DB - 10.2 medium

Will get on it tonight. As I have played with Everton my self, I already have a pretty good ídea as how to approach this

Team- Leeds
Key players- Lloyd Sam, Kisnorbo, Snodgrass, Becchio
Season - 1
Division playing in - Coca Cola Championship
DB- Around the world update v5, and 3.0

Team- Standard
Key players- Defour, Witsel, Rodriguez, Traore
Season - 1
Division playing in - Belgian Pro League
DB- Summer transfer update across the world v2

THIRD TACTIC UP

User:
PERSION

Team: EVERTON

Download link: Tactic attached at the bottom of the post. I have also uploaded 3 pkms of my matches using this tactic. These pkms are not uploaded to brag about the results but to let you see the flow of the game

Formation:

evertonpersion.png

Reasoning:

In our squad, you have 5 key players. Hulk, Pienaar, Arteta, Fellani and Baines. The formation and tactic is setup to let these players play to their strength.

The philosophy and strategy is as always Rigid-Control and the focus passing is set down the flanks.
THE MIDFIELD

Lets start with the midfield as this is the key in this formation. IN the center, we use one allround MC ( Fellani) that supports both the defenders as gets inside the area, using the ML as a link player. The DMC have been given a tweaked mentality( higher). This means that not only will he be playing slightly higher up in the pitch but he ill also be more keen on getting the balls up the field, looking for a t-ball onto the AMC and/or the FC. The wide players are again setup to play to the strength of the actual players. In AMR, we use Pienaar who will look for space all the time. He will cut inside, drift inside without the ball and cross from wide. The ML is setup as a link player, holding on to the ball. This player will not only be hugging the touchline but also look for space behind the opponents midfield. As he is left footed, he often seek the space in the “AMCleft” position and when getting the ball, he drifts wide again, dragging the opponents MC out of position, opening up free space for our MC to move into,

THE ATTACKERS

Up front, we use one AMC that always look for the shortest way to the goal when in possession with the ball. He also moves into channels, opening up space for the MC and the FC to move into. The FC have been given some tweaked setting of the RioT FC role. He does not move forward all the time. AS Hulk is left footed, I have put him in FCleft so he will go directly at the goal

THE DEFENDERS

The DCs are normal DCs but the Fullbacks have different settings. The DR should always run with the ball a lot to drag the opponents winger on to him. AS he has several passing options with the DMC playing close to him, he can either put an easy pass sideways or a more direct ball onto the AMR, AMC or the FC.

The DL on the other hand should be tweaked to suit the next match. IN the tactic, he is set as a Fullback on support but when playing against more defensive teams, I have put him on attack or even as a Wingback on attack ( the role, not in the WB position)

Suggested starting lineup:

FC - HULK
AMC – Arteta
AMR - Pienaar
ML- Da Beasley
MCleft - Fellani
DMC - Mavuba

Tweaks

- The left fullback as described. This tweak I would recommend that you use in all home matches and away to lesser teams
- The set pieces. These settings you have to tweak on your own to take advantage of the fact that Fellani is a monster
Shouts and in game tweaks:

Attacking

Strategy change - Attack
Shouts – Get the ball forward

Defensive

Strategy change – Defensive or Counter
Shouts – Take a breather
Shouts – Retain possession

Counter
Strategy change – Counter
Shout – Pass ball into space and/or Get ball forward

Last edited:
The post above now contains some pkms so you can see the flow of the game. In all 3 matches, I have used the DL on attack.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Team- Standard
Key players- Defour, Witsel, Rodriguez, Traore
Season - 1
Division playing in - Belgian Pro League
DB- Summer transfer update across the world v2

T o make a tactic for his team, I would have to play a save with these new players. The reason is simple and its because you have a very, very young team and want to build it around these new teens. As I will not be able to do this ( editing the players into the team), I cant actually make one that suit these players, If you want to use a Narrow diamond, I would recommend the one I have made for Villa in this thread. You could also use the one I have just made for Everton

I am sorry

- Team: Liverpool

- Key players:
Gerrard, Torres, masche
- State of you are willing to use another formation: yes
- Season:
- Division playing in: Premier League
- db: 10.3

I have been using your narrow diamond tactic but some teams seem to be adjusting to it. I have made some tactics of my own but don't think I'm quiet ready yet as they work OK but not great. Only thing with your narrow diamond formation is that Torres is struggling to score, yet to score in the league after 6 games. I tried swapping him and Babel but no difference. No major just strange is all.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

- Team: Liverpool

- Key players:
Gerrard, Torres, masche
- State of you are willing to use another formation: yes
- Season:
- Division playing in: Premier League
- db: 10.3

I have been using your narrow diamond tactic but some teams seem to be adjusting to it. I have made some tactics of my own but don't think I'm quiet ready yet as they work OK but not great. Only thing with your narrow diamond formation is that Torres is struggling to score, yet to score in the league after 6 games. I tried swapping him and Babel but no difference. No major just strange is all.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Actually, When I made he tactic I just uploaded for Everton( post 24), I used Liverpool as a testing team as well as Everton.. I think that this formation would be great for your team

FC - Torres
AMC - Any of your new AMCs
AMR - Gerrard
ML - Babel
MC - Aquillani
DMC - Mascherano

How does this sound ? Would you like a different formation or is this fine ?

Just wondering, as a rule do you think more about how to fit a role around each player when you create a tactic, or do you think more about how the team would fit together while using it.

I realize these are the two most important parts of creating a tactic, but would you put more time into creating a role specifically for a single player, or making sure that the team fits together as a whole?

Just wondering, as a rule do you think more about how to fit a role around each player when you create a tactic, or do you think more about how the team would fit together while using it.

I realize these are the two most important parts of creating a tactic, but would you put more time into creating a role specifically for a single player, or making sure that the team fits together as a whole?

Both.

When I make a tactic, I do it in the following order.

1.) I look at the squad to see if there is a balance between defensive and attacking players. I make a small S.W.O.T of the team

2.) I look for the best formation, taking in consideration the best players, the teams overall status ( would not play 424 with Blackpool or 532 with man U) and most importantly,. If the team has backup players so that we can use the same formation even if one or 2 key players are out injured.

3.) I look at the midfield and try to use the players at their best.

4.) I look at the attacking play and consider if the players upfront have the correct supply/support to play their game.

5.) I look at the defence to see if the midfield is good enough to support them defensively. If they are, then I can add some bombing fullbacks etc.

..and finally...

6.) I tweak some of the settings in midfield so that the players create space for each other ( look at the Everton tactic where the MC, AML and AMC works as a team along with the DL...the right side where the DMC has many passing options etc

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

I am curious, have any of those* that have had a tactic made for them had any any chance of playing with it. i.e, are they working out for you guys

CCFC_1987 - Coventry - In post nr 18

and

Foreign Bob - Aston Villa - In post nr 19

Specific Team Tactics on request
The request post must contain the following informtion
-
- Team:: Universidad de Chile
- Screenshot of the squad with their position (not too small though)
UdeCh1.png

-Screenshot of the preferred formation and lineup (pick a formation and the team )
UdeCh2.png

or
UdeCh3.png

I would love a back 3 line, with offensive wingers formation, but it just wont work for me.

- Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup:
Herrera, Victorino, Gutierrez (regen, 180 PA), Pinto (the defender, still young, and regen, but PA of 171), Iturra, Seymour

- Willing to use another formation: Yes

- Season: 2.5:

- Division playing in: 1st, Chile:

- D.B: 10.3

- Other data:
Bankroll of app 14M Dollars, league limit of 7 foreigners, 5 on field, I use Dan's training schedule.

The issue of mine here is: I have had a successful but not completely dominant team for 1st Division, because of my previously stated formation desire, I dream of a back 3 Line with offensive wingers that actually works on FM. I've tried countless modifications to my tactics, but I just can't seem to get a nice, possesive, wide and goal effective back 3 line formation, so I always end up using a back 4 with offensive wingers...

I really hope you can help me mate, in return, I hope I'm bringing you a fresh challenge, in a league almost no one plays...

Thanks in advance, from a long time reader, first time poster of FM base, greetings from Chile

The request post must contain the following informtion
-

-Screenshot of the preferred formation and lineup (pick a formation and the team )
UdeCh2.png

I would love a back 3 line, with offensive wingers formation, but it just wont work for me.

the reason why it may not be working could be that, this formation is opening up too much space on your wings for your opposition to exploit.
have you tried out a 5-2-3? as in 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs instead of the dms, 2 central midfielders, the wingers and a striker. This way it would be more solid, that's what i think anyway.

Anyhow... good idea for a thread as this could help some users that are struggling in finding the right tactic (i know there's a similar one stickied, but this one seems more in-depth i think). Good work so far.

the reason why it may not be working could be that, this formation is opening up too much space on your wings for your opposition to exploit.
have you tried out a 5-2-3? as in 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs instead of the dms, 2 central midfielders, the wingers and a striker. This way it would be more solid, that's what i think anyway.

Anyhow... good idea for a thread as this could help some users that are struggling in finding the right tactic (i know there's a similar one stickied, but this one seems more in-depth i think). Good work so far.

I am testing this formation as we speak and so far so good :D

Edit: I am testing the 3DC and AMR/L formation, not the wingback

Last edited:
believe me, I tried that, even using 2 of the three CB's with wide roles, or hug touchline, using both DM's too with hug touchline, and at the end tried the 5-3-2,,,And while it's usefull defensively, it's not what I aspire... Exagerating, I would stop using Messi as an offensive winger, just to have Dani Alves defending...

I know it could be much more stable with a back 5 line (3CB, 2WB), but It's what I'm trying to get, using 2 or 3 center middles, 3 CB, and both offensive wingers,,,

believe me, I tried that, even using 2 of the three CB's with wide roles, or hug touchline, using both DM's too with hug touchline, and at the end tried the 5-3-2,,,And while it's usefull defensively, it's not what I aspire... Exagerating, I would stop using Messi as an offensive winger, just to have Dani Alves defending...

I know it could be much more stable with a back 5 line (3CB, 2WB), but It's what I'm trying to get, using 2 or 3 center middles, 3 CB, and both offensive wingers,,,

Just to clarify, i meant the wing backs as position not as in the alternate role for the full backs, this would be only a back line of 3.

If you'd like a formation that doesn't include wing backs nor full backs, the only formation i can think of atm, is a 3-4-3 then: 3 cbs, 1 dm, 3 cm, wingers and the striker. I believe this would require some tweaking though.

fair enough :)

Last edited:
Gonna upload the SS asked ASAP, please wait.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Here are the SS asked:

Gutierrez.png

DPinto.png

TBH, mate, really thankful for your efforts, I appreciate them hugely

Gonna upload the SS asked ASAP, please wait.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Here are the SS asked:

Gutierrez.png

DPinto.png

TBH, mate, really thankful for your efforts, I appreciate them hugely

Hmm.. I have made a working version but when I see the stats of these players, I don't think you will be able to pull it of, at least not until they have become much, much better. Their stats in "positioning" and pace, acceleration is just too low. If they had 20 in anticipation, it might have worked but that stat is only 8 for one of them and 13 for the other, I cant see it working with these players. I will still give it a try though, using a team with slower defenders

TBH, what if we left only the GK, Victorino, Iturra and Seymour as "must be in" players, would it make it easier?

TBH, what if we left only the GK, Victorino, Iturra and Seymour as "must be in" players, would it make it easier?

Yes. I will have a proper go with it after the Leeds tactic that is before you on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.