TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 ► 114 Points and 2 cups ◄

• Thread starter Thread starter TheCodfather
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 233K
It's not unusual to have a dip in form at some point using any tactic in my opinion, It's more about giving the right team talks and getting morale back up when this happens so you can turn it around again.

Yeah I probably should have give it more time before posting that :P I finished 2nd behind TNS (who had a unbeaten league season :( ) I was in bad mood anyway a lose felt like the apocalypse anyways, and for anyone reading this thread, I HIGHLY recommend this tactic :)

Last edited:
just played my first game in the prem ....beat swansea at home 5-1 :).i spent just over 17m on 10 new players see what you think.

gk costil free
cb strandberg 750k/bartley 2m
cm danilo pereira 1m/albeak 425k
wng m.bruno 3.5m/weiss 5.75m
sc zaza1.2m/guidetti 1m/e.goncalves 1m

i had to rebuild a lot of the squad as birmingham have a lot of loans and players out of contract after the first season.

just thought do you think using defensive wingers would help with the goals conceeded

Last edited:
Ok I've changed the fluidity to Rigid to better suite my players and it's definitely made a positive impact. Got 2 clean sheets and a 6-0 away win against Dover. Great tactic Codfather :)

Yeah I couldnt help but chuckle. Tactic was working great until then. This also led into a 4-1 loss at home to Chelsea.

Just hit the end of January 1st season with Stoke. Sitting top of the table. Jordan Rhodes has 24 goals and 7 assists in 23 apps in the league! Fantastic tactic. I will post some screenshots later

I almost bought Jordan Rhodes, by what you are saying I wish I had now :(

Currently top of the league with Sutton united and i've played 14 games. Discipline is a major issue though as well as a leaky defense. (probably because I have to change my cb's regularly due to sending offs) I've spoken to the players with disciplinary issues on regular occasions and they keep on getting sent off. I'm now on a 3 match loosing streak as well which i'm struggling to break. I'm scoring a lot but also conceeding a lot.
Anyway this tactic is fantastic going forward it's just defensively i'll have to sort this out by bringing in new players in January.

Yeah discipline can be an issue and in all honesty I have had opposition managers saying my team play dirty tactics :/ but if it works it works! I think it definitely requires squad depth which can be a problem in the lower leagues.

Yeah I probably should have give it more time before posting that :P I finished 2nd behind TNS (who had a unbeaten league season :( ) I was in bad mood anyway a lose felt like the apocalypse anyways, and for anyone reading this thread, I HIGHLY recommend this tactic :)

Nice turnaround there :P I predict you will win the league next season, fingers crossed!

Thanks for the kind words.

just played my first game in the prem ....beat swansea at home 5-1 :).i spent just over 17m on 10 new players see what you think.

gk costil free
cb strandberg 750k/bartley 2m
cm danilo pereira 1m/albeak 425k
wng m.bruno 3.5m/weiss 5.75m
sc zaza1.2m/guidetti 1m/e.goncalves 1m

i had to rebuild a lot of the squad as birmingham have a lot of loans and players out of contract after the first season.

just thought do you think using defensive wingers would help with the goals conceeded

Nice start and a big rebuild you got going on there, hopefully they all gel quickly, from skimming through the players you bought in they should suit it well, will be interesting to see how Guidetti get's on, I have always been interested in him and he has potential but like in real life he hasn't ever really been given a chance.

Ok I've changed the fluidity to Rigid to better suite my players and it's definitely made a positive impact. Got 2 clean sheets and a 6-0 away win against Dover. Great tactic Codfather :)

Hmmmm interesting, let me know how this goes, because I agree the defence at the moment is leaking too many for my liking and if this works I will definitely give it a go.

Hi, this tactic works superb for me in Nurnberg (3rd in the first season), Wisła Płock (won the 2nd polish league in the first season, and won the 1st league in the 2nd season), in Amkar it was also very good (2nd in the first season), but when i try it with a good team in a league for example Brondby in Denmark or Besiktas is a little bad.. 4th with Brondby and 5th with Besiktas... can you help me ?

This tactic has been superb for my Notts Forest side. Tweaked it a little by changing the mentality to overload & changing the teams fluidity to very rigid. Top of championship by 16 points after 33 games. I'll post screenies asap.

Back