TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 ► 114 Points and 2 cups ◄

• Thread starter Thread starter TheCodfather
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 233K
Started a new game as Southampton as that is the team I support but was reluctant due to them not having any natural wingers, I came 8th and F.A Cup runners up first season which wasn't bad considering I didn't really have the right players for the formation and only 4 Million budget to start with.

Second season with a few signing's we have really kicked on and currently sit top of the Premier league unbeaten after 13 games. Hopefully it continues.

View attachment 451149

Also doing well in the cups.

View attachment 451146

And it's been working on patch 14.1.4 so far!

Last edited:
Started a new game as Southampton as that is the team I support but was reluctant due to them not having any natural wingers, I came 8th and F.A Cup runners up first season which wasn't bad considering I didn't really have the right players for the formation and only 4 Million budget to start with.

Second season with a few signing's we have really kicked on and currently sit top of the Premier league unbeaten after 13 games. Hopefully it continues.

View attachment 427284

Also doing well in the cups.

View attachment 427293

And it's been working on patch 14.1.4 so far!

with new patch?

Using this and finally getting somewhere works great on the new patch just beat celtic with dundee united 5-1 :D great work

I used this is my aston villa, who were to used to possession football for whole season, and it didnt work for me,

Since the latest patch I've noticed that I'm conceding more goals but also scoring more goals so my results are still as good but the games are higher scoring, If I can find a way to tighten up the defence without compromising the attack this tactic could become an absolute monster in my opinion, it's just finding the right balance.

I'm gonna try a few tweaks this weekend see if I can improve it.

i`m destroying the championship with my birmingham side and all i have upfront is zigic, maierhofer free transfer with 33 goals and ebanks blake free transfer with 37 goals top notch,plus got to the league cup final losst to man utd extra time and have reached the fa cup semi final against man city.won the league with 8 games to spare .

edit just won the fa cup 1-0 against everton so got european football next season.maierhofer and ebanks-blake got 79 goals between them in all comps and drage got 34 assists brilliant tactic :)

Last edited:
When I first started with this tactic we were unbeatable, but now we are barely get ties. Not sure what went wrong.
(All t games in the red box where with this tactic)

When I first started with this tactic we were unbeatable, but now we are barely get ties. Not sure what went wrong.

Hardly a disaster, you cant win every game. Looks more like a morale and man management problem rather than a tactical one.

I decided to give this tactic a test for a change, i dont often test other peoples tactics but yours looked interesting and i do like the simple 442 formation.

Tried with York City on the 14.1.4 patch and its been brilliant frankly. 2 consecutive promotions and so far so good in the championship. This tactic deserves more attention on this forum than its getting. Anyone struggling should really give this a go. Well done.

Season 1

View attachment 450188

Season 2

View attachment 450187

Current season

View attachment 450186

Some good results

View attachment 450185View attachment 450184View attachment 450183View attachment 450182View attachment 450181

I'll test this tactic with Sutton United in Skrill south league. The tactic looks solid though.

i`m destroying the championship with my birmingham side and all i have upfront is zigic, maierhofer free transfer with 33 goals and ebanks blake free transfer with 37 goals top notch,plus got to the league cup final losst to man utd extra time and have reached the fa cup semi final against man city.won the league with 8 games to spare .

edit just won the fa cup 1-0 against everton so got european football next season.maierhofer and ebanks-blake got 79 goals between them in all comps and drage got 34 assists brilliant tactic :)

That's awesome mate :D you will have to let me know how you get on in the Prem.

It definitely gets the best out of the strikers, Osvaldo was top goalscorer for me in the Premier League and he also got Europe's top goalscorer too. I can't imagine how well a world class Striker would perform in this tactic.

It's not unusual to have a dip in form at some point using any tactic in my opinion, It's more about giving the right team talks and getting morale back up when this happens so you can turn it around again.

Hardly a disaster, you cant win every game. Looks more like a morale and man management problem rather than a tactical one.

I decided to give this tactic a test for a change, i dont often test other peoples tactics but yours looked interesting and i do like the simple 442 formation.

Tried with York City on the 14.1.4 patch and its been brilliant frankly. 2 consecutive promotions and so far so good in the championship. This tactic deserves more attention on this forum than its getting. Anyone struggling should really give this a go. Well done.

Season 1

View attachment 429381

Season 2

View attachment 429382

Current season

View attachment 429383

Some good results

View attachment 429384View attachment 429387View attachment 429389View attachment 429392View attachment 429393

Thanks for the kind words, I used your 442 tactic on FM13 and loved it :D so it's an honour coming from you that you are using my tactic, how much of that has been done on the latest patch and have you noticed the game becoming higher scoring since the patch for both teams?

I'll test this tactic with Sutton United in Skrill south league. The tactic looks solid though.

Good luck, let me know how you get on, will be interesting to see how it gets on in the lower leagues on dodgy pitches.

Thanks for the kind words, I used your 442 tactic on FM13 and loved it :D so it's an honour coming from you that you are using my tactic, how much of that has been done on the latest patch and have you noticed the game becoming higher scoring since the patch for both teams?

All on the latest patch mate. Never used it on the previous patch so don't know what differences there are.

Just hit the end of January 1st season with Stoke. Sitting top of the table. Jordan Rhodes has 24 goals and 7 assists in 23 apps in the league! Fantastic tactic. I will post some screenshots later

Currently top of the league with Sutton united and i've played 14 games. Discipline is a major issue though as well as a leaky defense. (probably because I have to change my cb's regularly due to sending offs) I've spoken to the players with disciplinary issues on regular occasions and they keep on getting sent off. I'm now on a 3 match loosing streak as well which i'm struggling to break. I'm scoring a lot but also conceeding a lot.
Anyway this tactic is fantastic going forward it's just defensively i'll have to sort this out by bringing in new players in January.

Back