Smiler7

Reaction score
I am starting a story with ross county. They are farily local to me. This season they have been the overachievers if the scottish first divison and are in the semi final of the scottish cup against celtic on saturday after putting Hibernian out. I have named my self Derek Adams who is the current manager and a legand at the club.

Ross County - A brief history. Ross County are a team based in the highlands of Scotland and play at Victoria Park in Dingwall. The Staggies have built there way from the scottish third divison since entering it from the Scottish Highland League in 1994. Since then they have won the Scottish Third Divison and the Scottish Second Divison twice. They have a very fierce rivalry with Inverness Caledonian Thistle who are just across the cromarty firth from each other.

Season Objectives - League - Avoide Relegation
Scottish Cup - Fourth Round
League Cup - Third Round Challenge Cup - The board are not to bothered about this one but i am hopeing for semi - final.

Key players -Michael McGovern
Michael-McGovern.jpg

Very Experienced Goalkeeper and will be vital

Richard Britian
Richard-Brittain.jpg

Has SPL expeirence and is club captain

Paul Di Giacomo
Paul-Di-Giacomo.jpg

Our best striker in the squad and is expected to deliver

Transfers - I feel we have a strong squad so just a few key players had to be added. The rest are really for rotation.View attachment 52945

Paul Dickov - This is a great signing for our club, experience, goalscoring and lots of work off ball.
1234808013_m.jpg

Jamie Ness
- A great young loan signing from rangers, will bring alot of createvity in our midfield.
jamie-ness.jpg

Dennis Lawrence - Captain of trinadad and Tobago, A key figure in our defence.

0,,10354%7E3747350,00.jpg

Here is a pre season screenshot. I wasn't to bothered abuot pre season and just look for fitness really.
View attachment 53257

My next update will be around ten games or so into the season.

Good luck, even though I have a passionate hate for Ross County after they litteraly made that day the worst in my life ;)

Still like to wish you good luck and hope you do well:)

This update will be covering three months august, september and october. Any Screenshot request i will take and any advice i will listen to.

League - As we are predected to finish 8th I am more than delighted with the start. As you can see we are performing way above expectations and things can only get better.
View attachment 53000

Scottish Cup - The board expect the fourth round.

League Cup -
The board expected second round and we are happy that we reached the third round and got decent money in from our trip to park head.
View attachment 53001

Challenge Cup - The board were not bothered about this one but i expected semis and I am delighted to reach the final and feel we can win this competiton.
View attachment 53004

Manager Derek Adams had this to say on the clubs website - We have started the season fantasticly and it is down to our great support from the board, fantastic fans and obviously great players. A few stand out in praticular, our strikers. They have helped us to scoring 24 goals in the league already this season.
View attachment 53014

Paul Dickov -
View attachment 53009

Paul Di Giacomo -
View attachment 53010

We went 11 games undafeated up until getting beat by dunfermilan 1-0. We are still three points clear and going strong in the league. My two favourite games of the season were ;
View attachment 53016 View attachment 53017

These are some other screenshots of this season so far.
View attachment 53022 View attachment 53021
View attachment 53020 View attachment 53019

Good luck, even though I have a passionate hate for Ross County after they litteraly made that day the worst in my life ;)

Still like to wish you good luck and hope you do well:)

Haahaa thanks mate.. I was there that night and it might be the worst of your life but was one of the best of mine :p. Invading the pitch was also great lol. But thanks for support

can I ask where you got the divison club badges as I reallly want them, its like the only reason i dont start games in the lower scottish leagues:p

lol thanks, when i go home from grans in a few days I will download it and give a 1st division side a go

Good luck mate, my grandad supports Ross County, and I know one or two of their players, so I'll be following :)

SFL_CREST.jpg

Scottish Football League Challenge Cup Final

Today is the final of the Challenge Cup. The competition is the equivalent of the Johnstone Paint Trophy in england. The Competion is for teams in the first. second and third divisons. This final is held in St Johnstone's Home ground McDiamid park. It is not the biggest trophy in Scotland but it gives teams a taste of silverware. This season the teams are.

1914.gif
Vs
dunfermline.jpg

Today Ross County And Dunfermline Athletic will go head to head for the scottish league challenge cup final.

Team News - Ross County are without captain Richard Britian through suspension and Dennis Lawrence and Jamie Ness are away on international Duty.
Dunfermline are without second top goalscorer Andy Kirk.

522317740_3292018002.jpg

Ross County players are seen above celebrating after winning the Challenge cup. The staggies came out to after a hard fought 2-1 victory over Dunfermline.
View attachment 53237

County Manager Derek Adams had this to say after the game.
I am delighted for my players and our fans. No one deserves silverware more than these players and hopefully this will give them some insperation to go on and push for promotion. They gave is a good game and are a good side. I feel the early goal was vital and for big Cillian Sheridan to get it with a header was fantastic. We should great composure to go on and get a second and then to make sure we did nothing stupid. We deserved this after lots of hard work and hopefully this is the start of ross county winning some trophys.

November Update

Ross County's fairy tale start to this season continued after another month with lots of confident performances and they also picked up the Challenge Cup trophy. The staggies went another month undefeated scoring 11 goals in six games in all competions. Here were the results in November.

Ross County vs Ayr United - A game that ross county dominated and got there 2 goals inside the first 34 minutes. Jamie Ness set up Captain Richard Britian on 18 minutes to score a screamer from 25 yards. Things got better for the homeside when on form striker Paul Di Giacomo scored a placed shot on 34 minutes.

Queen Of The South vs Ross County - A hard away trip for any team but a very confident ross county showed why they are pushing for promotion with a great display of football. They continued there slick short passing and it payed of when the work the ball into the box for loan star Jamie Ness to finish off. A double from Paul Dickov sent the staggies home celebrating.

Ross County vs Dundee - Ross County hosted the another team with confidence high. When these teams meet there are always goals and this game did not disapoint. A open end to end attacking game finished 2-2 Paul Dickov and Paul Di Giacomo were the scorers on the day for the highlanders and a draw was a fair result.
View attachment 53403

There was also the Challenge Cup Final
View attachment 53407

A very strong month again for Ross County and although some people were saying that that they would finish around the relegation zone they have proven them wrong and are sitting seven points clear at the top of the league.
View attachment 53401

After going the month udefeated Derek Adams picked up the manager of the month award. He had this to say; It was a great month not just for me but the club. We have been performing well but i do not want to get caried away. There are still lots of points to be lost and won this season.I am just delighted for our fans because they have been with us even when we were relegated.

Ross County also got into the fourth road of the scottish cup after beating Breachin City.

Here are the awards for November.
View attachment 53411
View attachment 53412
View attachment 53413

Club Player of the month.

View attachment 53420

Thank you for reading and hope you are enjoying it.

hey dude, you gonna be continuing with this, if you do a county irl and get to the final of the big cup that would be awsum ;)

yeah i am mate,. the reason i havent posted is because i was in glasgo wwhatching ross county destroy celtic. Still cannot believe what a day it was

December Update

Another strong and confident month for Ross County. They continued to perform above expectations in the scottish first divison and sit top of the league going into the festive period. They have a good gap between themselves and second place Dundee. Alot of people are questioning whether this inexperienced team can go on and stay strong to win the first divison and play in Scottish football's top flight for the first time in there history.

Results - This is what Derek Adams Had To Say After Every Game.

View attachment 56257
In football you have to work hard to win games, we did that today. Good result and another strong win.

View attachment 56255
A derby win is always special, but to play them off the park and win is vital. We deserved this. Could be my favourite game of the season.

View attachment 56254
Another win we had to work for but in the end, we get the three points.

View attachment 56256
It had to come. Only our second defeat of the season and we deserved it. We were not good enough on the ball and our finishing was poor. We must forget this and move on.

Here are screenshots of the rest from the month.

Again more than happy with this month. We are still playing fast flowing attractive football. Going into January i feel we will still have to strengthen if we are to continue our....... mission to get into the SPL. I would also like to start building for next season if we do win the league we will have to improve our squad if we are to stay in the league. But we must concentrate on winning this league first and continuing our good run of form. I would like to also go on a little Scottish Cup run, i would LOVE to do what the real team have done this season, we will just have to wait and see. Thank you to all who are reading and following. Any advice will be listen to..

J.C

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:36 PM ----------

January/Febuary Update

This update will be January and our first game in Febuary which was a Scottish Cup 5th round away tie against Spl side Aberdeen. So, January was another strong month, we stayed undefeated at home but lost only our third game of the season.

Our Fixtures for January had some tricky games. Dundee away sticks out the most and taking a point in that game would be good. As we set our expectations to avoid relegation and we are now trying to gain promotion. If we were to slip up, which is still possible and not gain promotion i will still be more than happy with this season. We havent gained promotion yet and there is still a lot of games to be played and points to be won and lost. Also in January we have our Scottish cup 4th round game vs Highland league outfit Inverurie Locos.

View attachment 56796
We tought these fellow highlanders a footballing lesson. From kick off you could tell it was gonna be a white whash.

View attachment 56801
Dundee are still in the title race and they proved it here. Only our third defeat of the season and we are still top of the league. But we must improve if we are to make sure they do not over take us in the league.

They were the two main games of January. After getting into the Fith round of the scottish cup we were drawn against Spl side Aberdeen. Derek Adams had this to say, 'Although they are having a poor season in the Spl they are still a top side and have some great players. We are massive underdogs going into this game but i feel we can cause a upset if we perform well.'

So, Ross County travled to Pittodrie with high spirits. They knew they were underdogs but were hopeing they could produce a good performance and cause a upset. If the staggies could cause a upset it would be the biggest result in the clubs history. Some were calling it the 'baaahhttle, of the sheep.'

View attachment 56812
We didnt win, but we sure shook the so called 'big guns' up. From the minute the game kicked off we looked like we wanted to get foward and score. If it hadn't been for many strong and dirty takles from aberdeen to break up our attacks we might just of got a goal. But we are taking them back to dingwall which is absoloutly fantastic.

So, another strong month and a great start to febuary with the draw in pittodrie. Here is some screenshots for the rest of the month.

View attachment 56821
View attachment 56822
View attachment 56823
View attachment 56824

Manager's Player of the month - Jamie Ness, He has been brilliant in midfeild all season and this month he was crucial. He controlls the midfeild brilliantly and ended the month by extending his loan until the end of the season.
View attachment 56828

Transfers- Spl; For some reason Celtic like buying old men. They got Litmanen in August and now have bought Freddie Ljumberg.
View attachment 56831

Epl; The usual buys really the surprise deal imo is that Liverpool signed Hibernians Youngster David Wotherspoon for £3.2m.
View attachment 56832

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:42 PM ----------

Febuary Update

Well febuary turned out to be a historic month for Ross County. In the last update i showed the first game in febuary which was the 0-0 draw with aberdeen in the 5th round of the Scottish Cup in pittodrie. This was argubley the clubs greatest ever result. After earning a replay in dingwall Ross County were urging there fans to get behind the team and try to pull off what would be definetly the biggest win in the Clubs History. So, could the staggies do the seeminely impossible and beat the Spl big guns. Derek Adams had this to say pre match; We are going to attack and play the attractive football we have done all season. Aberdeen know that we are no push overs after our vist to pittodrie. They might think that they just need to finish us off, but with the backing of our fans i feel we can really get something out of this game. I have a feeling something special will happen tonight. We cant afford to do anything stupid. My players are proffesinal and i expect them to prove that tonight.

So, the game began and from the start Ross County were physical and put there bodys about. They never gave aberdeen time on the ball and the dons started to get frustrated. At half time it had been mostly Aberdeen but Ross County's defence had done fantastic so far. Into the second half and Ross County started to play. Some nice passing a good work off ball got the crowd going and on around 80 minutes Ross County had a corner on the right hand side.. Was this the little club from the highlands chance to make history... Ian Vigrus delivered the ball to the front post where it was going to be a 50/50 between Scott 'ginger pele' Boyd and Aberdeen's Fraser Fyvie... Boyd Got there first and his first touch and change of pace gave him a extra yard from Fyvie..... while Boyd controled and pushed the ball past Fyvie the prommising youngster dove in and took the center half out.. There was a long delay. Then.. the referee pointed to the spot. This was the moment for Ross County they had a penalty on the 84 minute against Aberdeen. Subsituite Martin 'Jimmy' Scott took it and smashed it away. Ross County were six minutes away from there biggest ever win. The staggies held on and a pitch invasion soon followed. Ross County had beaten Aberdeen this was won of the biggest shocks in Scottish Cup history. After the game Derek Adams had this to day... 'What a result and we deserved it, to win it so late was fantastic. Our players have worked so hard and the fans were magnificent. This is the greatest moment in the clubs history'.
View attachment 57056

After a historic win against aberdeen, the staggies were back to first divison action at home to Raith Rovers. Goals From Gardyne and Di Giacomo saw ross county secure a win.
View attachment 57062

It was then a Derby next for the staggies and they came back from a goal down to win late on through a screamer from Jamie Ness. Fans love a derby win and another late strike summed up caleys terrible season.
View attachment 57063

Ross County ended the month in some style but it was a defeat in a 8 goal thriller against morton. Although the staggies got beat it was still a fantastic month and they are still going strong at the top of the first divison.

Ross County have been fling high away above expectaions this season many thanks to star striker Paul Di Giacomo

View attachment 57078

Club Player Of The Month- Richard Britian; Captain fantastic had another solid month. Istablishing him self back into the first team since being injured and also scored two goals this month.View attachment 57079

View attachment 57080
View attachment 57081
View attachment 57082
View attachment 57083
View attachment 57084
View attachment 57085

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Last edited:
March Update

Another enjoyable month. I am loving playing as Ross County. In march we had some tough games, including our scottish cup quarter final against Dundee. but we have done really well. I am still delighted to be where we are. Although we were looking to avoid relegation, if we failed to gain promotion i would be very disapointed considering how long we have sat top of the league for. We scored a awesome12 goals in 5 games in this month. We were undefeated in the league with one win and two draws FIrst of all the results from March.

Our first game was a quarter final agains fellow promotion chasing Dundee. This was a big game for both clubs.

Dundee's road to the quarters; They started their road to the quarters with a win over East Stirlingshire 1-0, in the fith round it took penaltys for Jocky Scott's side to go continue into the quarter final.

Ross County had a longer road to the quarters; The staggies had to start in the third round where they played brechin City and won 2-1. In the fourth round they thrashed fellow highlanders Inverurie Locos 6-0. And then after a replay they historicaly beat aberdeen 1-0.

Dundee were the homeside so were slight favourites. Whenever these teams have come head to head this season there have been lots of goals and action. This game did not fail to impress. Ross County had the chance to take a early lead on 22 minutes from the spot but, gary miller missed the penalty. After 44 minutes Dundee's Brian Kerr was sent off for his second booking of the first half. But although ross county were a man up they failed to score and on 69 minutes they concieded, ben hutchinson opened the scoring things got worse for the staggies as Lee Griffths made it two on 71. Dundee thought that they had the tie wraped up but two late goals from Ian Vigurs and Micheal Gardyne earend the staggies a replay in dingwall.
View attachment 59274

The replay
Ross County hosted Dundee in what was sure to be another thrilling game between the two sides.This time it was Ross County who went 2-0 after 57 minutes, another goal from Paul Di Giacomo and a penalty from Jamie Ness had the home fans dreaming of a semi-final in hampden. But there pary was spoiled as dundee pulled two goals back through Griffths and kimpi. So it was then into extra time. Ross County were pileing on the pressure and a 112 minute goal from center back Alex Keddie won it for Ross County and will go down in history at the club.
View attachment 59275

Back to the league and Ross County faced Partick. Again lots of goals in this game and it finished 2-2.
View attachment 59279

Dunfermilan are always a hard team to beat and we did well to do this today.
View attachment 59281

Another fantastic game to whatch. 6 goal thriller and we are playing fantastic. Really enjoying these games.
View attachment 59280

We have had another great month and reaching the semi-finals of the scottish cup is massive. We will play Celtic and you never know in the cup. We might just out play them on the day. Things are going very well in the player stats also with Paul Di Giacomo continueing his fine goalscoring season.
View attachment 59302
View attachment 59310

As we are comeing toward the end of the season (2months) some transfers have started to happen, pre contracts ect.. We have already signed a few to come and also a few will leave. The biggest of the players comeing is Man Utd youngster Febian Brandy. I am delighted at this signing and am sure he will ne in a premier league team when he joins.
View attachment 59297

Here are awards and other screenshots of the month.
View attachment 59299
View attachment 59301
View attachment 59300
View attachment 59311
View attachment 59312
View attachment 59313

Big knews in the next update.. Hope people are following :)

i following :), not been posting cause me and my friend have got a challenge going with each other :p

Alright.. thank you. the next update will be tonight.

April Update

Ross County have been having a fairy tale season so far and going into the last two months could they clinch the first divison title. It would be the first time in the clubs history. Ross County had to win just 2 of there last 4 games to win the league. 2 of there last 4 games are Home to Dundee and the Derby against Inverness but by then the staggies could be champions.

Airdrie 0-0 Ross County: Ayr hold out for draw, county now have to at least beat either Dundee or Caley.

Ross County 2-1 Ayr: Goals from Di Giacomo and Paul Dickov got ross county the 3 points and all they now have to do is beat DUndee a week later.

Ross County were then to play Dundee at home. If the staggies could win today it would go down in not only their history but scottish footballs history. Could this little team from the highlands beat the big money boys Dundee and win the first divison?

media-v10047078MXSMYMA1187626964.jpg
Vs
Ross_County_FC-logo-9CC57A4234-seeklogo.com.gif

Ross County were 2-1 up at half time with goals from Sean Burns and a Paul Dickov penalty put the staggies 2 up but right on half time Leigh Griffths got them back into the game. Into the second half and Dundee equalised through david cowan.County went back ahead through Jamie Ness but another Griffths strike silenced the home side. There was another twist in this thrilling encounter..... a own goal by Kimpi of Dundee put County 4-3 up. Paul Dickov was also sent off for the staggies but that didnt matter. Ross County were CHAMPIONS. Some people tipped them to be relegated but they defide the odds with a thrilling season.
View attachment 60028

County then had a scottish cip semi-final against already Spl champions Celtic in Hampde. The newly promoted side couldnt cause a upset and were beating 3-0. Manager Derek Adams had this to say; Although we were defeated here today to even reach a semi-final was massive and the players deserve all the credit, they have been fantastic all season and we are now looking forward to enjoying playing in scotlands top flight.
View attachment 60033
View attachment 60034
So, Ross County are champions. People thought they might go down this season but they did the oposite. Lots of teams over acheive but Ross County went all the way and won the league. The question now is can they stay in the Spl.
The next update will be just the last month, May including a Derby. Hope people are following and enjoying.

View attachment 60029
View attachment 60030
View attachment 60031
View attachment 60032
View attachment 60035
View attachment 60036

brilliant, just brilliant you are a fantastic manager and have really put your heart and soul into this, PS what leagues have you loaded and once you have done all you can with RC would you consider a move elsewhere?

PSS: how are Hibs doing?:p