Very nice!

How are you doing in the league?

Consistency is the thing I have struggled with. Theres always a game that I dominate but the team scores on the break to win or draw.

Then again I have always used MW442 so I guess that doesnt show the realism of the game.

currently im 4th with 8 games to go... yer same here... seems that the defenders get dragged out alot leaving space

4th is still fantastic though and I wanted to stay away from some match engine exploiting tactic.

i have took tight marking for the defenders off going to see if that helps out.... will update when season finish

I'm halfway through my third season right now, but I'll use this for my fourth season and let you know how it goes :D

I started trying this out with Arsenal but it's just not working for me, really bad defending and struggling to score, lots of 0-0 and 0-1 games.

How do you get the numbers next to the bar in your team instructions mate?

I just downloaded a skin.

Sorry to hear you didnt do well with Arsenal. I would have expected this system to suit them. I would stick with it though, maybe rotate it for another formation to manage results. Then further down the line reap the rewards of this one.

loving this tactic! using it on my most recent forest save!! only four games in so far but three wins and a draw without tactic being anywhere near fluid yet. Started using at xmas on the save so will see how it pans out till the end of the season as don't think I will see best of it until the following season!! football is beautiful though and a real threat attacking wise!! great stuff

Looks like you had a bad end of season in the league. Im surprised because my team is unbeatable towards the end. Was it fixture congestion?

I recommend having a 2nd tactic for when results start to go bad. In my first 2 seasons I had to have MW442 to help when I went on a run of bad results. I just used it to get a couple of results and get morale back up, then go back to this project.

Also, I find we get a lot of bookings and red cards. So I always sub off those who are booked at the earliest opportunity just to reduce the red cards. Its working.

Like I said in OP, this tactic isnt for those that want a winning machine, its for those that want beautiful possession based attacking football, with results.

Uh, wow. Couple of early results to report. I don't have screenshots as I'm at work, but I'll provide those later. (A little bleary as it was a late night ;) ... working from memory here.) Set up my new save last night, went through preseason pretty well, some losses a couple wins. Focus was on gaining familiarity with the tactic and giving everyone playing time.

First game of the season is against Man City (baptism by fire, so emphasis on Def. Positioning, some defensive shouts). We drew 0-0 but should have lost: Aguero was wasteful in front of goal. Ok, no problem, we'll take the point.

Second game: Liverpool. Defensive Positioning, no shouts--decided to let them play a bit. Shock!! Southampton 7-1 Liverpool! o.0 Rickie Lambert had 4. We scored early and had 3 before Liverpool could get a foot in the game, but they then had to chase the game and that left them vulnerable in the back.

I'll keep you updated on further results. The second tactic I am using with Southampton is Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2, just so the AI doesn't figure me out.