herne, that is great feedback mate, I have not tried the tactic, however, the idea's and suggestions you have made and pointed out are 100% correct

I really enjoy watching my team playing with this tactic, beautiful football. I droped 4 clicks the defensive line and width at athe middle of the bar. Also both defenders are to defend role. (henre's suggestion). Looks good, if the experienced tactics creators here tweak a little bit at the defensive part of the tactic, I think we will finally have a really succesful 4-2-3-1 tactic! I wish I could help with the tweaking but I don't have the time to "study". Congratulations sc00by and herne for the suggestions keep it up! I am looking forward to an update of this tactic. I'll post feedback!

As I was involved a bit in the original discussion, I thought I'd take a quick look at where you have got to - and you've come a long way, great job :).

I downloaded the tactic and had a quick play using my Real Madrid team. There certainly is a lot of possession, and what you have done with the Inside Forwards is pretty interesting. I like that.

The only issue I had was defensively. Playing so wide, with such a high defensive line and playing offside really exposed me to pacey strikers as I found out against Spurs who destroyed me 4-0. Their forwards had huge amounts of space to run into and we lost 3 goals due to this.

Obviously you have had a lot of success with the tactic, so credit for that :). For my team, personally I would make it much more narrow (which may also help passing between the front 4) and drop the defensive line back 3 or 4 clicks. I'd probably also change the covering CB or drop the offside trap as a covering CB can cause issues when trying to play offside.

Anyway, good job to you for coming so far and getting success !
Hey man thanks for the advice. I too struggle vs Spurs!

I will look at making a couple of changes and see what it does for me, cheers.

Hey dude, I'd really like to try your tactic (I love 4-2-3-1 formations) with my Schalke side, but the problem is that I have three strikers, none of them being very pacy (Huntelaar, Helenius, Fullkrug). Would it work the same, or perhaps should I change the ST role into "Target man" or another one?

Cheers.

Give it a go...

I would try AF or Poacher over anything else though.

Lacazette is just amazing for me now, I have stopped playing Neymar at ST, Lacazette has ousted him. I now play Neymar at AML, and when Lacazette comes short, he pulls defenders out with him, Neymar runs in behind and Ive already scored 4 goals from this.

Maher is by far out-performing Isco too. He had 15 goals and 14 assists in 19 games last season o_O

Early signs are good. I took high line down to 10, and width down to 15, took off offside trap.

Since the changes Ive played 5, won 5, scored 21, conceded 0. Only conceded 2 CCCs in those 5 games, including a 2-0 win at Old Trafford.

Spurs away next!

Spurs got 6 shots, 2 on target, no CCCs or HCs. They didnt get in behind once(well not in the key highlights anyway)

We won 1-0.

Up to 7 clean sheets in a row since the tinkering.

Early signs are good. I took high line down to 10, and width down to 15, took off offside trap.

Since the changes Ive played 5, won 5, scored 21, conceded 0. Only conceded 2 CCCs in those 5 games, including a 2-0 win at Old Trafford.

Spurs away next!

Nice results :).

Personally I would have done it the other way around (width down to 10ish, def. line down to 15ish) but hey! If it works it works :).

Good job.

I was going to say that width can come down more if needed.

Def line was already at 15, so I toned it down to 10.

Conceded a penalty to Brighton at home, thats the only goal Ive conceded in 12 games now.

Ive won every single game this season so far. Its November 16th.

played 12 won 12 in the league with 42 goals and 2 conceded.

I was going to say that width can come down more if needed.

Def line was already at 15, so I toned it down to 10.

Conceded a penalty to Brighton at home, thats the only goal Ive conceded in 12 games now.

Ive won every single game this season so far. Its November 16th.

played 12 won 12 in the league with 42 goals and 2 conceded.

Can you upload the new version?Because I downloaded the one from the OP and it has 20 def line and 15 width.

Sorry I got them the wrong way around.

Def line is already 20, I made it 15.
Width was 15, Ive made it 10
Turn off offside trap.

Those are the only changes.

I will upload the new one.

I cant now sorry, its recovered. Not sure why you would want to see that anyway? Unless its just that you dont believe me?

It was 2nd game in 4 days(International game on Tuesday and this game on thursday) and I already had 5-6 injuries. Most of the first 11 had under 90 fitness.

View attachment 358431View attachment 358432

The squad was smashed for the Arsenal game. Gutted to lose my record but ecstatic not to lose all things considered.

Last edited:
First four games: 1W and 3L, all of them home. Tactic is fully fluid and the players fit the roles nicely, apart from the above mentioned striker (which I turned into a Poacher).

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I just need to end this **** save...tried 4-5 tactics so far, none of them worked.