Wow, very nice!

I hadnt experienced the thumping wins at first, until now. I have scored 6, 8 and 9 in 3 of the last 7 games. Ive lost only once this season and its mid December. A 1-0 defeat at Chelsea, I lost on pens to Spurs in the LC. Currently on a run of 10 straight wins, scoring 44 goals and conceding 5, never conceding more than 1 goal in a game.

Seems like the summer of not changing personnel added to the fact my young squad is starting to mature, weve really kicked on to a new level now.

Anyone who enjoys this tactic should be watching the U21 final about to start. Thats where this was born, and thats who most of my top players are!

Lacazzette has been in inspired form for me when I rest Neymar. He got back to back 4 goals in a game, and 1 goal he scored vs Spurs was just sublime, a wonderful passing move, he played the ball off to Maher and ran on, Maher played the 1-2 and Lacazzette was in, but Lloris rushed, Lacazzette just scooped it over his head, awesome finish.

Maher has also been absolutely amazing!

If I didnt love Isco and Neymar so much, I would have these 2 in my first choice 11 on form.

Last edited:
yer had 2 many games and no depth in the squad lot of injuerd plays as well in just won CS vs manu see if this kicks me off to win the prem this season and get in to champs leauge as i finished 4th last time .. if there any other screen shots u want from last season just let me know

Yea be nice to see your tactics screen with squad and your first 11 picked.

Also, how did you strengthen your squad this last summer?

Thiago Alcantara, hat-trick in the final. Love it!

Didnt realise just how much Newcastles players suit this system...

Try to get Adam Maher for AMC, he is amazing on mine and probably wont cost the earth. I paid £21m for him but that was after he had already become a very good player, if you get him young Im sure he will be less.

Ben Arfa would be my choice at AC with your squad, Ince at AMR, but I would be trying to get better passers of the ball and less dribblers.

Yanga-Mbiwa would be better at DCL IMO. Hes got good pace and would be better on cover.

One thing I have done this season is left match preparation on 50%. I dont know if this has had an effect on performances but we are definitely a much better team this season.

I have regular tactic on high attacking, and match pre on def positioning and I give my players a day off before and after games.

Fitness seems good, players are happy with training.

I tried it with Monaco but just didnt deliver for me.. I think it was becouse my players have really bad passing skills.. also my defense wasnt good at all.. they let the opposition have around 2 or 3 CCC per game.. I think that if you want this tactic to work you need good team with technical players. But i like the idea:)
PS: someone said he uses Arrigo Sacchis 4-4-2 so the AI doesnt figure him out.. does this really happen?? so I'm suppose to use another tactic once in a while or is it enough just to train it in match preparation?

PS: someone said he uses Arrigo Sacchis 4-4-2 so the AI doesnt figure him out.. does this really happen?? so I'm suppose to use another tactic once in a while or is it enough just to train it in match preparation?
That's what I've heard, but I don't really know. Whether it does or not, though, some tactics do better against certain teams than others. The 4-4-2 is ultra defensive and counter attacking, so it might be good against the big teams, while the possession tactic might work best against smaller teams or teams at your level. Also, if my AMC is injured I will use a tactic without an AMC role.

I've also played around in the past with a 4-1-1-2-2 (back 4-DM-CM-AMR/AML-ST/ST) formation with mixed results. But I'm eager to see what this possession tactic can do!

In past FMs, after 3-4 seasons the AI would figure out your system and force you to change.

As far as I know its no longer like that but different systems might play better vs you.

I dont roll with a 2nd tactic to stop anyone figuring me out, its just that MW442 crushes all and its almost like cheating. So when I started developing this and results werent going as I wanted I switched to MW442 for a few games to get some points on the board and get morale back up.

It took me best part of 3 seasons to get this tactic to where I was happy.

I just had a tough away game at Porto(they are unreal good) so decided to give this tactic a run as I saw it and thought it might be ideal for tough away games. Ive had it installed for over a season, fully acclimated, but never used it.

Anyway, we won 4-0 and Neymar scored all 4 from ST. Dominated possession and CCCs etc. I will definitely be using it again in the toughest away games.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/121480-barcelona-hair-raising-shooting-machine-%3D%3D%3D-possession-football.html

In other news...

View attachment 357665

Poor run of games after my wonderful start. Out of one Cup to a lower league team (lost 4-3), out of the other to Man City (the score was...painful). :( Familiarity is not 100% yet, which is part of it, but I think the roster is not very technically/mentally proficient either. We give the ball away too often. There's a reason we're relegation favorites!

The roster will need strengthening next summer, assuming we stay up. I have managed to bring in a few players (Neal Maupay for £1.7m compensation!--close to earning a starting spot, scored a few already!--and a couple of free transfers/loanees for depth) and spent most of my budget on Lucas Romero, so have a decent midfield with Jack Cork, Schneiderlin and Romero (Davis doesn't perform well at all), decent wingers with Adam Lallana and Gaston Ramirez, decent strikers with Ricky Lambert (quite the free-kick/pen taker!) and Jay Rodriguez, and developing fullbacks in Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne. We're leaking goals, so I'll have to strengthen in the back for sure, in January if the board will make funds available. Once I can train up their technical abilities, I think we'll have a nice little team suited to this tactic.

In past FMs, after 3-4 seasons the AI would figure out your system and force you to change.

As far as I know its no longer like that but different systems might play better vs you.

I dont roll with a 2nd tactic to stop anyone figuring me out, its just that MW442 crushes all and its almost like cheating. So when I started developing this and results werent going as I wanted I switched to MW442 for a few games to get some points on the board and get morale back up.

It took me best part of 3 seasons to get this tactic to where I was happy.

Nah they didn't, it was a common misconception though.

Another season over... We won all but the Capital One Cup.
88 league points but took it easy last 6 games or so to rest for cup matches. Lost only 3 games before the final 6 games of season in league. 92 goals scored, 26 conceded.

No summer transfers...

I just backed up my game and let the AI do a season in holiday mode.

Won the league with 93 points and 103 goals scored, 22 conceded.

Won FA Cup, Euro Super Cup, World club champs and Community shield.

Now Im going back to play it for real, I just wanted to kind of test drive the tactic.

Remember that the tactic is based around a passing game, I deliberately tried everything to stop my guys dribbling, especially the IFs.

I think the reason Lacozette out performs Neymar might be because of this. I just cant stop Neymar dribbling from deep, yet Lacozette can come deep, link up and be on the end for the final ball.

Last edited:
Just can't get it working for me at Chelsea, quite disappointing as I really like the premise of it, finding that I'm hardly scoring, and conceding at least 1 every game.

Ive gradually got better and better, if you read through both threads I started off doing just ok, then I was doing good but I would average 2 goals per game scored and 1 conceded. then last season I averaged 2.7 goals and like 0.7 conceded. Then I holiday'd a season and they scored like 3 goals a game and conceded less than 0.5 goals per game. Thats outstanding by any standards. Even MW442 doesnt always match that.

My team is made up of fantastic technical players.

GK
Ter Stegen
Butland

DR
Carvajal
Smith

DL
Alaba
Davies

DC
Papadopoulos
Umtiti
Coates
Chalobah

Pogba
Thiago
Cresiteg
Garmash
Hughes

AMC
Isco
Maher

AMR
Rodrigo
Lamela

AML
Muniain
Coutinho

ST
Neymar
Lacazette

I bought every player to suit the tactic and the role he was going to play.

As I was involved a bit in the original discussion, I thought I'd take a quick look at where you have got to - and you've come a long way, great job :).

I downloaded the tactic and had a quick play using my Real Madrid team. There certainly is a lot of possession, and what you have done with the Inside Forwards is pretty interesting. I like that.

The only issue I had was defensively. Playing so wide, with such a high defensive line and playing offside really exposed me to pacey strikers as I found out against Spurs who destroyed me 4-0. Their forwards had huge amounts of space to run into and we lost 3 goals due to this.

Obviously you have had a lot of success with the tactic, so credit for that :). For my team, personally I would make it much more narrow (which may also help passing between the front 4) and drop the defensive line back 3 or 4 clicks. I'd probably also change the covering CB or drop the offside trap as a covering CB can cause issues when trying to play offside.

Anyway, good job to you for coming so far and getting success !