They'll be dancing in the streets of TNS tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great development, and good progess in terms of the co-efficents.

Please don't give this up as I'm loving it!

Im trying my best not to give up!!!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Just had a player capped for England for the 1st time under my management.

Can you upload the save? I'd like to give it a go, looks like a good challenge.

Getting closer but still just as far off as I was at the start of the game. The big teams just punish you.

Keep going! I thought I was doing well with Southampton in Europe, you almost put me to shame getting this far with TNS...

Just been knocked out of the UCL group stage again but on head-to-heads with 10 points. 10 points would have seen me qualified in 2nd position in 5/8 groups.
And then I get Rangers in the 1st KO round!

Just been knocked out of the UCL group stage again but on head-to-heads with 10 points. 10 points would have seen me qualified in 2nd position in 5/8 groups.
And then I get Rangers in the 1st KO round!

Oh man, that's frustrating! Hopefully you can/did put the hurt on the Rangers.

Nope lost 2-0 at home and beat them 2-1 away and whats more in the next round they pounded Dynamo Kyiv (who i have beaten) 7-0 on agg so its luck really here!!

Nope lost 2-0 at home and beat them 2-1 away and whats more in the next round they pounded Dynamo Kyiv (who i have beaten) 7-0 on agg so its luck really here!!

Boo, you'll get there soon! Keep up the great work, it'll all be worth it in the end (I find beer helps).

What tactic are you using, I'm half way through my first season with TNS and I'm languishing in 4th place. I've signed some great players too, including Lee Hendrie and Ndumbu Nsungu.

Ive used a few but i have always come back to an attacking 4-4-2 it was rigid but now its fluid. I have tried defensive tactics in the past but I feel the best form of defense is ATTACK! I dont like player tipping really however Gifton Noel Williams was a legend for me he still sits on the bench in my all time 11

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Its taken 19 1/2 seasons but I have finally Qualified for the UCL Knockout phase and im rewarded with an easy!! tie against Man Ure!!!

Results have started picking up and am now second in the table, 2 points from top. Started to find form now and all 3 strikers in my 433 are getting goals now. I'll have a look at Gifton in a sec, might sign him if he is still unattached.

Yeah I think 4-3-3 will work in the WPL however im not sure it will work against big teams in Europe.

Having won the league on goal difference in my first season I lost 5-3 on agg, in my second, against Lech Poznan from Poland. A team with 12000 season ticket holders and are worth more than 10x what TNS are. Not bad to be honest, a great improvement on my 10-1 agg loss last season again bnei yehuda tel aviv.

Yeah it took me a few seasons to start winning in Europe. Again (spoiler!!!) the only team-talk I used in Europe was "No Pressure" and "Well done/Pleased" at the end. Never Berate your players in Europe until your rep picks up.

In my 3rd season, just as you did, I've progressed past the 2nd qualifying round! Beating Cska Sofia 5-2 on agg. My proudest FM moment yet. Cheers for the inspiration!

Just resigned a former RB for free, who I initially signed for free and sold for £3.5Million how is that for good business. They all want to leave but they all come crawling back!!

Just thought I may aswell comment on the thread that inspired me to actually make an account. Really enjoyed reading about TNS! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.