This game is sooooo scripted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things I've seen that seem scripted (of course they aren't though) are how with every new game the same clubs go for the same players. I've seen Manchester City always buy Tom Cairney from Hull and Liverpool always go for N'Zogbia for example.

The only things I've seen that seem scripted (of course they aren't though) are how with every new game the same clubs go for the same players. I've seen Manchester City always buy Tom Cairney from Hull and Liverpool always go for N'Zogbia for example.

there is a predetermined list at the start of the game (when you start a new game, you will see manager shortlists. from there is where they sign from their dozens of targets at the start of the game, according various factors) after that it's unknown as the gameworld develops

Why don't you read what is written before and then reply ? I have mentioned different tactics from attacking ones to pure defensive ones, even with 5 men backline, deep and normal defensive lines, different squads etc.

I am not saying that the game is scripted as such. But having played over 2 seasons, I observed something strange as do others who had posted earlier. Since there is a forum, people discuss such things. No one is saying we don't lose or should not lose. It's the manner in which you lose that bothers and it is natural for people to discuss it. If you have not faced such a scenario, you may not accept it.

Anyhow, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it will be better if those who don't believe such things atleast dont brand others as 'conspirators'.

The game isnt scripted, SI have catergorically stated there is no script to make you lose/cheat you. Not opinion. Fact.

^this and
i lost against Barcelona in final of UCl 3-2. They scored in 94th minute. Next year I lost against Napoli 1-0. They scored in 92nd minute. I faced such " a scenario ". You win some, you lose some. And ps, you never told you changed tactic.

^this and
i lost against Barcelona in final of UCl 3-2. They scored in 94th minute. Next year I lost against Napoli 1-0. They scored in 92nd minute. I faced such " a scenario ". You win some, you lose some. And ps, you never told you changed tactic.

exactly. happens both ways. I once beat real madrid 4-3, despite originally being 1-0 down, and down to 10 men in the first 30 minutes.

I bet if that had been the other way round, someone would have been crying "the AI cheats"

exactly. happens both ways. I once beat real madrid 4-3, despite originally being 1-0 down, and down to 10 men in the first 30 minutes.

I bet if that had been the other way round, someone would have been crying "the AI cheats"

Haha, thats quality :D. I once beat Arsenal 5-0 when I had 10 players. Rodwell faced red in 40 minute when result was 1-0.

View attachment 180711
View attachment 180712

Look at this SS's. Both Arsenal and Barca had two shot, both on target and they both scored two goals. Frustrating yes! AI cheating, no!

Mike I hope you changed your mind about NATO after recent "activities"

Couldn't get through reading this entire thread, made it to page 7 or so.

When I get a sudden shock lost when we're on good form, morale, etc., is it for NO apparent reason?

If so, then why the **** in the press conferences do they keep asking me if I think overconfidence could become an issue? Has anybody ever heard of being too cocky or arrogance leading to poor performances? Happens everywhere, whether the competition is athletic or intellectual, etc. There is your hidden mechanism, and it's very realistic.

I once played with Barcelona in the spanish cup against sporting gijon. The match ended 5:5 and as I had played the first match 1:1 away I would have lost. So I was that frustrated with my team that I closed the game. As I restarted it I tried it with the same formation and I won 6:0. I don't understand it and it's not the first time something like this happens. So I don't think that the result of the game is already predicted.

there is a predetermined list at the start of the game (when you start a new game, you will see manager shortlists. from there is where they sign from their dozens of targets at the start of the game, according various factors) after that it's unknown as the gameworld develops

Wow I never knew this. Guess it explains a lot.

I have only been on here a while and noticed a lot of these threads. I disagree with them all, there is no way it is scripted ! Of course your team is going to perform badly if you throw on tactic that your team has never played with the day before a match.

I have only been on here a while and noticed a lot of these threads. I disagree with them all, there is no way it is scripted ! Of course your team is going to perform badly if you throw on tactic that your team has never played with the day before a match.

One of many things I learned the hard way-with heartbreaking consequences lol

I find issues with nearly all finals. Could be on some 20 game winning streak and come the final defenders forget what game their even playing and players can barely kick a ball..... Finals are my only gripe with this game, sometimes it seems that I'm just never meant to win.

One of many examples below:

Ok guys.. I can see that there is no point in going on with this.. People seem to just read the title of the thread and start commenting without even reading what had been posted earlier.. 15 pages is a long thread.. i can understand.. you cant preach to the converted..

Meanwhile, if someone face such things in the future, they can share what they faced..

Thanks..

I can't believe people actually started to argue over this. The concept is simple, there is a script in the game that means occasionally there will be an upset. After all, football would be predictable if it wasn't for upsets.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Oh, and on fm2010 I beat Liverpool with Hull (no transfers, normal tactics)! The surprises the script springs at you are sometimes for you, sometimes against you. The script is really just for excitement alone.

I can't believe people actually started to argue over this. The concept is simple, there is a script in the game that means occasionally there will be an upset. After all, football would be predictable if it wasn't for upsets.

Umm, but there isn't. :$

No there isn't. Of course upsets happen in the game but there are no mechanics which force you to lose a match.

I find issues with nearly all finals. Could be on some 20 game winning streak and come the final defenders forget what game their even playing and players can barely kick a ball..... Finals are my only gripe with this game, sometimes it seems that I'm just never meant to win.

One of many examples below:

Big game player, a hidden attribute on the editor is your friend.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Oh, and on fm2010 I beat Liverpool with Hull (no transfers, normal tactics)! The surprises the script springs at you are sometimes for you, sometimes against you. The script is really just for excitement alone.

There isnt a script. Fact.

Amazing what people will make up

There is no set script. The game itself is created in a script but this this doesnt actually mean the game is scripted. The original script of the game relies on probabilities of chosen stat. A lot of things are predetermined before a match but in the end it will be a unique game every time. Things taken into account are player morale, team form, player tiredness, complacency, players ability, team talks, press conferences.

People who say the game is fixed are clearly off the mark. If that was the case every game would play the same way and results would be fixed. Also people would get the same regens in every game. The laws of probability cause similar kinds of results simply due to the factors I have mentioned above.

Also people may think I dont know what I'm talking about but i studied computer engineering and have a diploma in Javascript and C++. Fair enough I haven't done any programming in 3 years but the basics of it hasnt changed.

Lol at this thread.

How could this game be scripted? No seriously, how could SI possibly script this game? I mean, they're good at what they do but that would just incredible. If they could make a game that was scripted but still have every game turn out totally unique, that would have to be one of the most incredible (and most pointless) achievements in gaming history

Status
Not open for further replies.