This game is sooooo scripted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe this game has scripting. Take my current match against Liverpool, I've tried it plenty of times and one of these 3 things happen

1. Get totally dominated and lose
2. No matter what score concede 2 goals in 10 minutes
3. I lead and no matter what I do they come back at the end and we screw up sitters. Missed penalty from a rated 18 penalty taker

Now surely if there wasn't scripting or pre-determined stuff of some sort those 3 things wouldn't happen time after time.

I do believe this game has scripting. Take my current match against Liverpool, I've tried it plenty of times and one of these 3 things happen

1. Get totally dominated and lose
2. No matter what score concede 2 goals in 10 minutes
3. I lead and no matter what I do they come back at the end and we screw up sitters. Missed penalty from a rated 18 penalty taker

Now surely if there wasn't scripting or pre-determined stuff of some sort those 3 things wouldn't happen time after time.

Maybe if you get totally dominated and lose, it's not scripting, but just your crappy tactics.

There is a difference between scripted and pre-determined. The result of the game is a series of calculations based on stats,tactics, and morale. If you keep repeating the experiment and keep getting the same result, how does that prove its scripted? It's just more experimental evidence that your team/tactics suck.

Check concentration levels of your CBs.

Cheating AI

Hi guys,

I am new to this excellent forum and its great for all the FM lovers. I have been redirected to this discussion by a certain "Jake, super moderator" after I posted one of the issues that I found really strange. I have to admit that i posted that message initially out of frustration and it came out as not how it was intended.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/77537-cheating-ai.html

The issue is similar to many of the posts here. Everything was going fine with my Bayern team until this CL match with Real Madrid in Madrid. This is my second season and I was unbeaten so far this season. So that takes away the 'form' argument against my team. What happened was that we were playing really well with 1-0 up in the first 30 minutes. It was a 4-5-1 Counter-attacking tactic which I normally use for tough away games with Ribery, Robben and Olic up front. It worked superbly initially and Ribery and Olic were ripping apart the Madrid defense with their dribbling and if not for Casillas, socre would have been 4-0. Olic also missed couple of chances, which he usually does, so that is nothing different.

What happened after that is both Ribery and Olic got injured after 35 minutes after strong challenges from Ramos and Pepe and both were not booked. I had to bring in Gomez and Kroos as substitutes and Robben was the main threat remaining. Immediately after he rattled the crossbar with one long shot, he was red carded for a challenge and sent off. What happened after that was really crazy. My defenders refused to mark the Madrid players properly, did not go for the challenges and left them easily inside the box. Finally Madrid won 3-1.

It was really strange because even Anthony Annan refused to put it in any tackle at all in the second half. Usually he is a beast in the Anchor man position and he averages 7.7 tackles per game this season!

So, out of curiosity, I reloaded my previous save and played the same game again. Similar things happened, 1 player gets injured, solid first half followed by terrible second half.. more reloads but the results the same. I even tried changing different tactics, attacking, defensive, different players, 5 men in the back etc. No matter what your tactics is, there always seem to be some invisible thing that forces you to lose the game. Once, Khedira scored a 40 yard goal in the 89th minute to win the matach and he hasn;t even scored once this season for Madrid.

All of these seemed too premeditated to be random. After I posted the message, some had commented that Bayern's defense is poor and it could happen. I agree that they are not the best in real life, but in FM they are quite decent. Moreover, the same defense kept a clean sheet in the home game against the same Madrid 10 days before and the same team won the CL the previous season beating Barcelona in the CL final conceding only once.

I am not trying to win every game nor do I want to discredit FM. I was called a 'deluded; conspirator in the previous post and when I read through this discussion, a lot of things make sense and I'm not the only one who face this. If the developers really want to slow down your wins, they could atleast show a fair game where you lose fairly. But to make you lose the game by injuring your players, showing your players not playing, moving well etc. is simply not fair.. I would like to repeat that I love FM and enjoy the game so much. But openly discussing such things we face while playing it will help in improving the game even more is what I feel.

It seems the only people who think the game is scripted are the ones replaying the same match over and over. Why are you doing that anyway? Just play the game and accept losses.

Hi guys,

I am new to this excellent forum and its great for all the FM lovers. I have been redirected to this discussion by a certain "Jake, super moderator" after I posted one of the issues that I found really strange. I have to admit that i posted that message initially out of frustration and it came out as not how it was intended.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/77537-cheating-ai.html

The issue is similar to many of the posts here. Everything was going fine with my Bayern team until this CL match with Real Madrid in Madrid. This is my second season and I was unbeaten so far this season. So that takes away the 'form' argument against my team. What happened was that we were playing really well with 1-0 up in the first 30 minutes. It was a 4-5-1 Counter-attacking tactic which I normally use for tough away games with Ribery, Robben and Olic up front. It worked superbly initially and Ribery and Olic were ripping apart the Madrid defense with their dribbling and if not for Casillas, socre would have been 4-0. Olic also missed couple of chances, which he usually does, so that is nothing different.

What happened after that is both Ribery and Olic got injured after 35 minutes after strong challenges from Ramos and Pepe and both were not booked. I had to bring in Gomez and Kroos as substitutes and Robben was the main threat remaining. Immediately after he rattled the crossbar with one long shot, he was red carded for a challenge and sent off. What happened after that was really crazy. My defenders refused to mark the Madrid players properly, did not go for the challenges and left them easily inside the box. Finally Madrid won 3-1.

It was really strange because even Anthony Annan refused to put it in any tackle at all in the second half. Usually he is a beast in the Anchor man position and he averages 7.7 tackles per game this season!

So, out of curiosity, I reloaded my previous save and played the same game again. Similar things happened, 1 player gets injured, solid first half followed by terrible second half.. more reloads but the results the same. I even tried changing different tactics, attacking, defensive, different players, 5 men in the back etc. No matter what your tactics is, there always seem to be some invisible thing that forces you to lose the game. Once, Khedira scored a 40 yard goal in the 89th minute to win the matach and he hasn;t even scored once this season for Madrid.

All of these seemed too premeditated to be random. After I posted the message, some had commented that Bayern's defense is poor and it could happen. I agree that they are not the best in real life, but in FM they are quite decent. Moreover, the same defense kept a clean sheet in the home game against the same Madrid 10 days before and the same team won the CL the previous season beating Barcelona in the CL final conceding only once.

I am not trying to win every game nor do I want to discredit FM. I was called a 'deluded; conspirator in the previous post and when I read through this discussion, a lot of things make sense and I'm not the only one who face this. If the developers really want to slow down your wins, they could atleast show a fair game where you lose fairly. But to make you lose the game by injuring your players, showing your players not playing, moving well etc. is simply not fair.. I would like to repeat that I love FM and enjoy the game so much. But openly discussing such things we face while playing it will help in improving the game even more is what I feel.

Firstly, Robben is a **** on FM. He has 14 or 15 dirtiness. Olic and Ribery are injury prone. Annan is not that mentaly strong, and Khedira has high stats for important matches.
Second, maybe your half time team talk sucks. Search for stickies how to improve that.

Last edited:
Firstly, Robben is a **** on FM. He has 14 or 15 dirtiness. Olic and Ribery are injury prone. Annan is not that mentaly strong, and Khedira has high stats for important matches.
Second, maybe your half time team talk sucks. Search for stickies how to improve that.

And none of this issue occurred before, all in one match.. And why should they play well initially and then all of a sudden disappear ? In team talks, I usually give 'Dont get complacent' if ahead by 1 goal.. so that is not much of a problem..

The issue is, even in a 5 man defense tactic, they have only 1 striker and repeatedly run straight through the defense without being challenged much when they don't have more than 2 shots on target in the first half.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

It seems the only people who think the game is scripted are the ones replaying the same match over and over. Why are you doing that anyway? Just play the game and accept losses.

I think people have played enough games to find the difference between a fair loss and a Manufactured loss where things happen really crazy. Mind you, this is for only 1 game and it is not that common too.. I have not replayed any matches before except for 1 last season where my computer crashed. So it is natural that when people find something quite strange and isolated, they try to investigate and come up with their observations..

While I don't approve of continuous reloading (the times I have bowed to temptation, it's mostly been a 'one more chance' only thing), much like the thread over on SI (the one where someone reloaded many times after defeat to Milan as Inter in the super cup) this reminds me of, a) its not for us to tell him what to do, and b) its ended up stimulating a very useful discussion. A lot of my aforementioned (though thankfully rare, especially now) reloadings have seen different results, and I think the conclusion drawn on the SI thread, as at least someone's already mentioned on here, is that there are any number of variables, some set before the game was saved. There is also a bit of 'everyone loses occasionally' probability involved, so even had you won that one you'll probably have lost another soon that you had won had you continued. The latter may sound like things are a bit predetemined, even in a far looser way than 'you'll lose that match', but big sides lose games they shouldn't occasionally and thats not a matter of real life 'fixing' it. If anything it's part of the game being less set that surprise results (both positive and negative), happen quite a bit. Admitedly that doesn't address the repeated losing of that game, but aside from the aforementioned factors that were set in advance (which does in part), if anything's possible, than something like that, however unlikely, will pop up on rare occasions.

yeah sometimes i think the Ai just won't let u win
like in this particular game
where i scored 2 goals out of 5 CCC and 11 half chances , plus my best striker who got finishing composure tecnique and decisions all 15 plus, rounds the GK twice and hits the post both times,
View attachment 180605

Woah, I've never seen so much drivvel. Stop crying and either play the game and accept that you're going to lose once in a while or don't if you disagree with the mechanics. Simples *squeek*

And none of this issue occurred before, all in one match.. And why should they play well initially and then all of a sudden disappear ? In team talks, I usually give 'Dont get complacent' if ahead by 1 goal.. so that is not much of a problem..

The issue is, even in a 5 man defense tactic, they have only 1 striker and repeatedly run straight through the defense without being challenged much when they don't have more than 2 shots on target in the first half.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

I think people have played enough games to find the difference between a fair loss and a Manufactured loss where things happen really crazy. Mind you, this is for only 1 game and it is not that common too.. I have not replayed any matches before except for 1 last season where my computer crashed. So it is natural that when people find something quite strange and isolated, they try to investigate and come up with their observations..

So, you are playing the same team with same tactic and the same squad and you lose. Yep game is scripted oO)

So, you are playing the same team with same tactic and the same squad and you lose. Yep game is scripted oO)

Why don't you read what is written before and then reply ? I have mentioned different tactics from attacking ones to pure defensive ones, even with 5 men backline, deep and normal defensive lines, different squads etc.

I am not saying that the game is scripted as such. But having played over 2 seasons, I observed something strange as do others who had posted earlier. Since there is a forum, people discuss such things. No one is saying we don't lose or should not lose. It's the manner in which you lose that bothers and it is natural for people to discuss it. If you have not faced such a scenario, you may not accept it.

Anyhow, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it will be better if those who don't believe such things atleast dont brand others as 'conspirators'.

Why don't you read what is written before and then reply ? I have mentioned different tactics from attacking ones to pure defensive ones, even with 5 men backline, deep and normal defensive lines, different squads etc.

I am not saying that the game is scripted as such. But having played over 2 seasons, I observed something strange as do others who had posted earlier. Since there is a forum, people discuss such things. No one is saying we don't lose or should not lose. It's the manner in which you lose that bothers and it is natural for people to discuss it. If you have not faced such a scenario, you may not accept it.

Anyhow, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it will be better if those who don't believe such things atleast dont brand others as 'conspirators'.

The game isnt scripted, SI have catergorically stated there is no script to make you lose/cheat you. Not opinion. Fact.

The game is like real life football basically. Very unpredictable, so you'll have to just deal with it like everyone else. Rather it was unpredictable then be same old over and over again. Keeps me hooked

Cant agree at all. I find it quite unpredictable and challenging. The players I think respond better to what you tell them and ask them to do. And its just not true that the AI doesn't let you go on winning streaks. I'm on a 15 game winning streak since starting a new game with Man Utd. I basically keep my team same for most games and they are playing incredibly. 43 goals scored and 5 conceeded so far. Its actually quite good infact. Rooney was missing a lot of chaces and I told him he had to play better to stay in he 1st team the next game he scored a brilliant hattrick. :)

Also you can't expect total realism. Its a game after all. Enjoy it cos its really very enjoyable. :)

1. Rage Quitter play the game right this isnt fifa
2. coincidence, IMO it has a degree of momentum in it but not scripting

Hilarious. People who feel this way in my opinion are just sore losers.

How can the game possibly be scripted when every little thing makes a difference? Every touchline tactic, every substitution etc is obviously going to make a difference so how can it be scripted? :S

Hilarious. People who feel this way in my opinion are just sore losers.

How can the game possibly be scripted when every little thing makes a difference? Every touchline tactic, every substitution etc is obviously going to make a difference so how can it be scripted? :S

I think they feel that way because every little thing does not work in your favor. They feel the AI is unfairly against them. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.