December

William Hill Scottish Cup
4th Round
Aidrie 1-3 Dundee United
Thomson
Gauld
Russell

We played some alright football but we did send out a full strength side so we should have maybe done better. I tried out a 3-5-2 and I will probably look to play that in the SPL now. My 4-3-3 wasn't having the best of times.

Dundee 3-1 Dundee United
Russell

With this being my final game before having to make a decision on whether I stayed or go I knew it was an important one. Within the first 20 minutes they were 3 goals, two for them, one for us. We needed to pick up our game! However, into the second half we went and Dundee's Conroy scored a nice free kick.

Time to make that decision...

View attachment 353392

Derek replaces Craig

View attachment 353393

Today, Dundee United announced on their official club website that manager and ex-captain Derek Brown has left for rivals, Aberdeen. The club would like to wish the manager all the best in his future endeavours and with his task at Aberdeen.

Derek Brown:
"I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club, both playing and managing. I have to thank the fans and chairman, Stephen Thompson for giving me my first job in management and quite simply sticking by me as a player as well. The non-playing staff have been fantastic. I know they were a time of chopping and changing but I feel whoever comes in after me has an excellent collection of staff now and will be able to push United back up the table. He has a fantastic side to work with and some prospects coming through the ranks. All the best."

It is believed that St. Mirren manager Danny Lennon is favourite to land the Dundee United job. Other big names like Gareth Southgate and Roy Keane are also in the mix.

Danny Lennon took the job. St. Mirren were paid 120k compensation. ex-Scotland boss and Dundee United manager took over the post at St. Mirren.

Great story mate! Keep up the good work. You should try and get Russell to join you at Aberdeen!

I had a Celtic save not so long ago and thought about starting a Dundee one. It annoys me though that you have to have 3 U21s in your match day squad.

Aberdeen FC

View attachment 354292
Founded: 1903
Stadium: Pittodrie (21,421)
Rivals: Rangers, Dundee United
Chairman: Stewart Milne
Finances: Insecure
Honours
1x European Cup Winners Cup
1x European Super Cup
4x Scottish Premier League
7x Scottish Cup
4x League Cup

View attachment 354311
Dec 2012
Team

Not an overwhelmingly good side but some nice individuals in among them.

Robert Milsom

View attachment 354287

Johnny Hayes

View attachment 354286

Scott Vernon

View attachment 354288

Conor Clifford

View attachment 354285

Some other decent players in the team like Isaac Osbourne but he's injured. Andrew Considine and captain Russell Anderson are also very good.

Finances

I remember seeing I'd come in to a nice little budget and tight wages, it seems however that something happened and we are -£5k on wages and the budget need to shift over to help reduce that. A sore one. I'll sort that come January.

Staff
Aberdeen were short-staffed and the staff here were poor. I knew this when coming in and planned on sorting this with my budget which I can no longer do. Seems I may just need to get us to the end of the season before we recuperate. I did grab some staff though. Much better staff.

Things looked bleak. The plus side was I moved to a club with a richer history and a team sitting higher in the table.

First thoughts?
Regret.

December
With the Dons

View attachment 354433

- Poor start at Tynecastle

- Couple of wins see's us bounce into third
- Dundee enjoy beating me!

Hearts 3-1 Aberdeen
O.G

The first half was just a disaster. Nothing happened in the second half. We should have had a penalty, one of their goals was offside. ****.

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Naysmith
Pawlett
Fallon

A very nice victory. The players responded from the defeat in Edinburgh to beat Kilmarnock. We could have and should have had more but I'll take it. The 3 scorers were 3 players I didn't see playing with us to often. Pawlett will often rotate in and out of the squad. I look to offload the other 2 in January..

Aberdeen 2-0 St. Johnstone
Hughes
Vernon

Another win, an expected one none-the-less. We comfortably strolled passed them sending the Aberdeen fans home with a Christmas present from the Dons.

Motherwell 0-0 Aberdeen

That was an incredibly boring game.

Dundee 2-0 Aberdeen
Milsom (Sent off - 77')

Bottom-placed, hopeless Dundee really do enjoy beating me. We wouldn't have lost if Milsom wasn't stupid and got sent off. Dundee's two late goals beat us. Argh!

January 2013

View attachment 354847

- The month begins at home to my previous club
- A poor month
- Sell, sell, sell

Aberdeen 0-2 Dundee United
Clifford (Sent off - 57')

Inverness CT 1-1 Aberdeen
Hayes

Urgh, at least we scored this time. We had some really good opportunities which we should have finished. We took the lead but let it slip.

St. Johnstone 2-1 Aberdeen
Vernon

We took the lead and through it away. Once again.

League -

View attachment 354846

Player of the month -
No one really stood out.. at all.

Transfer Window
January 2013

View attachment 354963

As expected, the majority of movement from within Scotland was all players leaving the SPL, full-back Lustig joined relegation candidates Sunderland for just under £3,000,000. Rangers & Scotland left-back, Lee Wallace also went South of the border to another team fighting for their place in the Barclays Premier League, Wigan. Jon Daly also left the SPL for Championship side Blackburn Rovers.

At Pittodrie, we were forced to sell, sell, sell. No big names left, a few youngsters and fringe players did however.

February

View attachment 354965

- Is Brown being pushed out of Pittodrie?
- A month of poor performances see us slip out of Scottish Cup

Scottish Cup - Fifth Round

Aberdeen 0-0 Falkirk

And to Falkirk we go.

Aberdeen 1-2 St. Mirren
Milsom

A slumping Aberdeen side took on a high-flying consistent St. Mirren side. Another defeat once again came our way! Time for a change in tactics. We need to make the split!

Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Replay
Falkirk 4-1 Aberdeen
Vernon

Well, we weren't favourites. Fans were pessimistic. What else can you expect?

Is Brown set to leave Aberdeen?

View attachment 354966

It has been reported that ex-Dundee United manager and current Aberdeen boss is ready to pack his bags and leave Pittodrie. He joined the club just before Christmas 2012 after being promised funds to sign new players, this he did not get. A board member from inside of the club told us that Stewart Milne and boss, Derek Brown have had several arguments over the course of January. Brown was unhappy at the funds he was not given and the fact he is being forced to sell and release players to help the club.

Could the Dons boss he on his way out as quickly as he entered? Or will he give it until the season's end? We'll find out soon enough.

Was there truth to the story? Yeah. I would like to leave, preferably come the season's end, if something opens up I'll give it a shot though. Absolutely nothing going right for me at the moment. I was excited about the 110k I had to spend. Had an idea of who to add as I tried to push for second. Oh well. Dropping away. Europe looks unlikely. A top half finish looks difficult as well.

Aberdeen 0-1 Dundee

For once, we played okay. Created chances and played some alright football. However, we didn't take the chances we got and allowed them to score. Story of my season.

Huddersfield look to lure Brown

Sky-Sports-News-2013-25-425x240.jpg

After the recent news showing that Dons boss, Derek Brown and chairman Stewart Milne were struggling to get along. Huddersfield announced they'd happily take him to John Smith's stadium, however, they would struggle to pay compensation and will look elsewhere.

OOFT! Nice twist. Didnt see A change coming already but if Mr Milne wont deliver then a move may be good

Nice little twist, Huddersfield would be an interesting move.

I must admit I didnt find Milne too bad in my current save. I spent half a million on Myhrmann and the rest were on free transfers or peanuts. It can be done on the cheap!

Having said that he is a tight fisted ******* but thats probably why he is a multi millionaire!!!!

View attachment 355432

DONS BOSS DEREK BROWN LEAVES PITTODRIE

Today, Aberdeen boss Derek Brown has announced that he will in fact walk out on the club. He said moments after resigning "Working alongside Stewart Milne is the toughest thing I've done in the last 30 years." When asked if it was due to Huddersfield wanting to bring him in he responded "Well, their interest has come at a good time I guess, I was always looking for a way out. Stewart Milne was difficult and if they are indeed interested in me, I would be open to discussing a deal there. If I am wanted, I want to go to a secure club where I can settle. I want to work something out, somewhere."

Stewart Milne refused to speak about Derek Brown. Seems they're big fans of one another.

Where next for Derek Brown? Can he settle? Will Huddersfield swoop?

​***

Opportunities opened everywhere. Derek Adams left Ross County in a strong position for Aberdeen. I was wanted for the job and said I'd be interested. However, a day later...

- - -

View attachment 355439
Derek Brown joins his third club in 8 months!

"I do want to settle down at a club. I want to work something out, somewhere."

Huddersfield Town today announce that ex-Dons and Dundee United boss has joined them on a £7,000 a week deal until June 2015. Huddersfield are sitting 23rd in the Championship and have struggled to win games over the course of the season. Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield chairman said "We are very happy he has agree'd to join us. We look to back him 100% and look forward to his time here. We are also hoping he can give us another year in the Championship by staying clear this year, however, if he can't manage this we will not judge him. He will be able to add to the team come the end of the year whatever happens."

Huddersfield Town

View attachment 355442
Founded: 1908
Stadium: John Smith's Stadium (25,000)
Nickname: The Terriers
Rivals: Leeds, Bradford
Finances: Secure

Tactics & First 11
View attachment 355444

Key players:

Alex Smithies

View attachment 355450

Jack Hunt

View attachment 355448

Keith Southern (c)

View attachment 355451

Oliver Norwood

View attachment 355449

Adam Clayton

View attachment 355447

Jermaine Beckford

View attachment 355446

FINANCES

View attachment 355455

Things were much greater here than at Aberdeen which was a breath of fresh air.

League Table:

View attachment 355458

Things don't look awful, a couple of wins and we'll climb out of the relegation zone. Blackburn are doing well and saw off Arsenal in the Capital One Cup Final in the game previous. If we don't manage to stay up, we don't manage to stay up! I'll look forward to League 1.

First Game:
Huddersfield 1-0 Blackburn
Beckford (p)

Woohoo! They must have partied too hard after winning the League Cup! A fantastic win against front-runners Blackburn!

Next update to come at the season's end!

End of Season 2012 / 13 update at around 3 today!

Will update every 3 or so months after which, with a few news articles here and there.