End of the 2012 / 13 Season

View attachment 355907
Huddersfield are relegated, after an incredibly hard-fought battle with the likes of Middlesbrough, Peterbrough, Bolton and Hull City, Huddersfield find them selves in 22nd place come the season's end. They had managed to sit 21st for a couple of weeks but when it really mattered they faultered and slipped up. Elsewhere in the Championship, Blackburn ended up missing out on the play-offs completely. They held the top spot for the majority of the season but after their League Cup victory they continued to slip and slip!

View attachment 355909
View attachment 355908
View attachment 355911

Npower Championship Player of the Season: Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn)
Top Goalscorer: Matej Vydra (24 Goals) (Watford)
Npower Championship Young Player of the Season: Rhys McCabe (Sheff. Wed.)
Manager of the Season: Burney's Sean Dyche

Huddersfield's Fans' Player of the Year: Jack Hunt

Meanwhile, North of the border
View attachment 355914

What even...
View attachment 355915

Also, in England -

View attachment 355916View attachment 355917

Norwich, what are you doing there?

View attachment 355922

Money! I have a few players in mind.

And honestly, even after relegation I look forward to League one. This next year will make or break my managerial career. I want to succeed. I have to complete what I set out to do!

"It wasn't the perfect end to the season by any means. But now, we have to look on. We have to find ourselves once again in England's second tier come next season. We can't mess around in League One next season. I know what I aim on doing with Huddersfield, I was hoping we'd stay up but we gave it our all! We'll be back here next season."

See you at the end of August!

Don't think I've ever seen a story where someones been relegated!! Nice little kitty for League 1 should dominate it.

Looking ahead to the
2013/14 Season

Huddersfield Town

After being relegated from the Championship the season before, Derek Brown kick starts his Huddersfield revolution, can this allow them to bounce back up? He's added several key players to his Terriers side and claims "this side would see us promoted from the Championship". So, surely the Scotsman has put together a strong side?

Huddersfield see themselves as co-favourites to be promoted from the 3rd tier of English football along with sides; Bristol City and Barnsley. However, pundits suggest "While most relegated sides offload, they've really added. On paper, they shouldn't have any problems, settling in and inconsistency at the start of the season is inevitable".

Terriers boss stated "I've clearly added to the side, we want promotion. We all have a shared goal; the Premier League. Players dream off playing in football's richest and most prestigious league in the world. It then comes down to the players themselves, would they like to do it with Huddersfield? They have been many reporting a few of these players have popped in for a nice paycheck before jetting off to brighter things, that is not the case. I know a few players have been linked with Premier League sides but they're more than happy to stay. We have to look ahead, we want to go up... and up."

Who did I really sign then? Let's see!

View attachment 356453

Ins
Andre Hainault -
Sturdy defender, perfect back-up.

Craig Mackail-Smith -

After falling out with Gus Poyet, Mackail-Smith became available. We swooped. Excellent Striker.

Johnny Russell -
I reunite with the young Scottish striker! He'll do us a job!

Filip Twardzik -
Some nice stats, gives us another option. A good one too!

Larnell Cole -
After impressing me last season, I thought he deserved to be signed permanently.

Owain Tudor-Jones -
Did fantastic in the SPL and I offered him a contract as quickly as I could.

David Wotherspoon -
Did a job in the SPL. Good back-up to have in League One, Championship too..

David Jones -
He played a fair bit last season and was one of the many who didn't get kept on at Wigan, a fantastic capture.

Matthew Upson -
Came in to the captain's armband. Will be vital.

Dani Pacheo -
The youngster is full of flair, look forward to how he may do.

Gael Kakuta -
I would say this guy was our best signing. Excellent stats and will tear League One to shreds.

Paddy McCourt -
Back-up, will do the job if needed.

Chris Iwelumo -
What was I thinking? I need to be checked.. Costs us nothing though, experience could be good. Will have him tutor a youngster.

Outs
We said goodbye to Lee Novak, Adam Clayton, Sean Scannell and Anthony Gerrard. Novak would have struggled to have played with Mackail-Smith, Pacheo, Russell and of course Iwelumo signing so I thought I'd cash-in on the unhappy striker. Clayton is fantastic but he is very unhappy. I thought I'd give him up to Championship side, Southampton for 4m. Scannell showed glimpses of quality come the end of last year but I had no place for him this season. Gerrard was unhappy and disruptive.

The Expectations!

Board -
League One - Promotion
FA Cup - Third Round
League Cup - Second Round
JPT - Unimportant

Personal -
League One - Promotion
FA Cup - Fifth Round
League Cup - Third Round
JPT - Fringe/Youth Players

Kakuta is a great capture as is Russell and Mackail-Smith. Should smash the league!!

Mid-Season Update 2013 / 14
Huddersfield

We are now at the midway point in League One with Huddersfield after being relegated last season. How has it gone? Well, inconsistency and complacency has shown on numerous occasions.

How have we done -

Npower League One

View attachment 358295View attachment 358296

Yeah, not utterly fantastic but we're slowly finding our feet as the team bonds. 3rd looks good. 1st is still a real possibility and the ultimate goal. Only failing to score in one game. We always seem to lose the first goal though, which has cost us games.

FA Cup
View attachment 358283

We like going to replays! Pompey at home before the winner goes onto Premier League side Burnley.

Capital One Cup
View attachment 358272

Meh, 3rd round is fair enough, I am disappointed at how badly we were beaten against Brighton though. A nice win against Wolves did mean that that CoC campaign wasn't completely wasted. We played them off the park but unfortunately had to go to Penalties after a late Stephen Hunt equaliser.

Johnston's Paint Trophy
View attachment 358265

Well, after a poor, complacent performance we saw ourselves get thrown out in the first round after a penalty shoot-out against Oldham.

The Usual XI:
View attachment 358298

A reverted to a 4-2-3-1 with the two midfielders sitting deeper because I felt it would allow us to look better defensively as well as giving us numbers when we go forward.

Best Player:
View attachment 358305Gael Kakuta - 26 Games - 9 Goals - 11 Assists - 7.40 Average

This kid has been fantastic! His great on the ball and has caused problems galore!

The Team's Average Ratings:
View attachment 358310
Lynch has been fantastic at the back and has found himself scoring a few too! Jones has been very consistent in the middle and Mackail-Smith doesn't struggle too much in front of goal!

See you at the end of January to go over the window!

The Brown Revolution Continues

View attachment 358691

Today, Huddersfield manager, Derek Brown added more to his forever growing, strong side. Irish-born 16 year old Ross Kenna and English-born Trevor Munns both joined the English club earlier this week. Both set to officially sign in January.

It is believed both kids have a very bright future in the game and England u21's manager, Stuart Pearce has said that "Trevor [Munns] has potential to be one of the best central defenders we've seen. If he sticks at it, stays clear of injuries and listens to Derek [Brown] there is no doubt in my mind that he'll be leading out my u21 side in the coming years and even at full-international level."

Robbie Keane, who has spent time with Limerick recently as a coach due to his injury and MLS off-season said "Easily one of the best I've seen in a while. Hopefully he'll be that something special!"

View attachment 358692
(Ross Kenna playing for Limerick FC)

It's believed that Ross Kenna signed for £15Ok, whereas Scunthorpe would only accept £3,5OO,OOO for Trevor Munns. Huddersfield are also believed to be in for Rangers attacking midfielder Lewis MacLeoud and the unhappy Wolverhampton Wanderers striker, Leigh Griffiths. Derek Brown is certainly, a man with a plan.

View attachment 358693View attachment 358694

Burnley and Huddersfield show us what Football is all about

View attachment 359126

The FA Cup third round threw PL relegation candidates, Burnley against League 1 side, Huddersfield. With Burnley having the home advantage they were expected to run the show, and they did but Huddersfield kept fighting and even with a completely changed back four they managed to pull-off a massive 4-4 draw. After going a goal down, to 2-1 down to 4-2 down. In the end, Mackail-Smith's hat-trick and sheer brilliance down the right from Scotsman Johnny Russell allowed the Terriers to have a fighting chance as they return to the John Smith's Stadium to take on Burnley. Youngster Ross Kenna from Ireland made a 90 minute appearance, grabbing an assist whereas new boy Trevor Munns is still to play in a Huddersfield strip.

View attachment 359128

Terriers boss, Derek Brown has been linked to all sorts of jobs. Ranging from Championship sides Notts Forrest and Brighton to the heights of the Premier League with Everton. He did tell us though that he had "no plans to leave Huddersfield, I've brought players in and have no intentions of leaving them, or the club. I have plans for Huddersfield, no where else."

View attachment 359129

Just keeping things active, guys! Will have more articles throughout the month before a summary of the transfer market before seeing you all again at the end of the season.

Wow, I think you will launch a assault on the first place second half of the season!

Burnley Beaten as Brown's Side March on

View attachment 359695

Premier League outfit, Burnley were tossed to the side as Huddersfield continue to march on in the FA Cup. After an exciting 4-4 draw at Turf Moor, Huddersfield welcomed Burnley to the John Smith Stadium.

Huddersfield took the lead eventually just after the hour mark through 16 year-old centre-back Trevor Munns. They made it 2-0 ten minutes later as a long ball from Scottish striker Johnny Russell was fumbled by Burnley keeper Grant, the ball fell to Craig Mackail-Smith who would happily put the ball into an empty net. Burnley's Austrian striker, Burger scored late on, but it wasn't enough as Huddersfield triumphed in the replay.

View attachment 359726

"A very nice victory. Scoring 6 goals over two games against Premier League opposition just shows we mean business! Onto the next tie now, hopefully we can continue this run."

Huddersfield will travel to Blue Square Premier side Oxford in the FA Cup Fourth Round. Brown's Huddersfield have gone 19 games without defeat and continue to push for first in League One.

FA Cup Journey so far

View attachment 359725

Previous result before FM crashed making me have to replay it -
View attachment 359694

Last edited: