Totaal Voetbal - Cruijff/Michels 4-3-3 Challenge

Funny enough ive made a tactic based ''total voetbal'', havent implented it yet in my cardiff save as i havent got the the right players quite yet, only question i have is the fact that michel total voetball wasnt pretty passing, its more direct, not like the tic tac of barca, yes there were short passing but they way the dutch played they didnt need to pass the ball around all day to score, they found the most effect way of getting the ball into the back of the net, wether it be short precise passes or a quick ball over the top of the defense. To be honest its impossible to recreate such a great tactic, with all the nessacary elements ie, players swapping positions not just for the sake of it but for a reason. Also i noticed that your center mid isnt attacking? didnt cruijff drop deep or swap with the center mid?. Anyway goodluck i hope you guys manage to perfect the tactic, it wonderful football to watch.
Johnny.

There's obviously no way to create a carbon copy of any IRL tactic due to this being a stimulation game.

This tactic is NOT possession based, the majority of my PI's passing is set to mixed.

There's obviously no way to create a carbon copy of any IRL tactic due to this being a stimulation game.

This tactic is NOT possession based, the majority of my PI's passing is set to mixed.

In your orignal post you said that the basis of the tactic was short precise passing??

In your orignal post you said that the basis of the tactic was short precise passing??

Download the tactic and see how the style is, Rinus's Dutch 74 team played a precise short passing game, they tended to mix things up more in the final third.

Last edited:
Download the tactic and see how the style is, Rinus's Dutch 74 team played a precise short passing game, they tended to mix things up more in the final third.

Excellent idea, il take alook and see if i can improve my own!.

P.S I wasnt be negative towards you,i was just tryign to get a better understanding of what you were trying to accomplish. This style of football is great to see and it would be even greater if we could get close to replicating it :)
Johnny

Thanks for your tactic tomfmlfc,can your post the screen with yor team and your transfers,wich players can you recomend for my blackbern(transfer budget 10 mil).thanks,sorry for my english.

I made only 1 signing all season and that was in January Aogo who got injured shortly afterwards..

I lost Lennon, Sandro, Aogo and Dempsey all for 3months+ each as well as Ekotto and Adebayor for 1 and a half months due to the ACON

My starting 11 when fit :

36449ADB1025A61D78187CF0D3AB085D57B28A06

7E8686C135A2213FF2CCCDFE6EE1F83B62319780

Last edited:
Thanks for your tactic tomfmlfc,can your post the screen with yor team and your transfers,wich players can you recomend for my blackbern(transfer budget 10 mil).thanks,sorry for my english.

Tom Ince, Zaha, Redmond any 2 of those for the wing, wouldn't bother making any others as Blackburns team is easily strong enough to gain promotion back to the premier league, let me know how you get on buddy.

Thanks for advice,but i think,i must have at least 5 good cent. mid. and good cheep stricker,can you recomend some players for that pos...Thanks.

Thanks for advice,but i think,i must have at least 5 good cent. mid. and good cheep stricker,can you recomend some players for that pos...Thanks.
Will Hughes, Cohen, Magnanelli, Osvaldo Alonso

Hi Tom,

I'm using this 1/4 the way through my season with Newcastle.

I had started off very poorly with another tactic on this forum (Nazmet System) and was drawing game after game with very little goals. I seen your thread, downloaded and started straight away and it has changed my season already. I've won 5 out of my last 7 games, with 2 draws too - away at Everton & Man Utd.

I'm only at the start of December so I have a long way to go yet but the early signs are very encouraging... I love how the 3 central midfielders close down play and win the ball back, and it seems quite tight at the back.

My team is as follows:

GK: Krul
WBR: Lichenstiener
WBL: santon
LD: Kjaer
BPD: Coluccini
BBM: Cabaye
BBM: Tiote
BBM: Anita
WR: Queresma
WL: Gaitan
CF: Cisse

I've signed quite a few players, and changed tactic mid-season to yours so I know it should get better.

Will keep you updated!

Hi Tom,

I'm using this 1/4 the way through my season with Newcastle.

I had started off very poorly with another tactic on this forum (Nazmet System) and was drawing game after game with very little goals. I seen your thread, downloaded and started straight away and it has changed my season already. I've won 5 out of my last 7 games, with 2 draws too - away at Everton & Man Utd.

I'm only at the start of December so I have a long way to go yet but the early signs are very encouraging... I love how the 3 central midfielders close down play and win the ball back, and it seems quite tight at the back.

My team is as follows:

GK: Krul
WBR: Lichenstiener
WBL: santon
LD: Kjaer
BPD: Coluccini
BBM: Cabaye
BBM: Tiote
BBM: Anita
WR: Queresma
WL: Gaitan
CF: Cisse

I've signed quite a few players, and changed tactic mid-season to yours so I know it should get better.

Will keep you updated!

Seems good, you have a near perfect midfield tbh.

A tough no nonsense viera type in Tiote, a creative midfielder in Cabaye and an engine in Anita.

Keep me updated bud.

Tom,

What do you do with Opposition Instructions... do you just let your assistant do them?

I haven't been doing them but just wondering if you think it's worthwhile asking him to do them?

Tom,

What do you do with Opposition Instructions... do you just let your assistant do them?

I haven't been doing them but just wondering if you think it's worthwhile asking him to do them?

I usually don't bother with them, if you want let your AM do them.

Good man, thanks.

Going well still - up to 4th now... there's a gap between me and 3rd so I'll be very happy to contain this for the rest of the season.

Cisse & Kweuke left for the African Cup Of Nations so I've just had to get Defoe in, scores on his debut as I beat Liverpool 3-1!

Post your results since you've been using this tactic please :)

Played two games thus far using this tactic with my Ajax team and the results are very pleasing indeed:) Beat Roma 5-1 away and beat VVV Venlo 5-1 at home. Im in my forth season and my team is as follows:

GK. K. Vermeer/M. Van Der Hart
RB. C. Jenkinson/R. Van Rijin/K Tete
LB. N. Boilesen/M Dijks
CB. N. Moisander/T. Alderweireld/ S. Denswil
RM. G. Wijnaldum/R Babel
LM. V. Fischer/D. Boerrigter/Wellington Nem
CM. C. Erikson/Kara/B. Van Den Boomen/M Oosting (Regen)/L Andersen/M Henriksen/B Pluim (Regen)/ S. De Jong
FW. Ademilson/ K Sigporsson/T Wilemse (Regen)

Played two games thus far using this tactic with my Ajax team and the results are very pleasing indeed:) Beat Roma 5-1 away and beat VVV Venlo 5-1 at home. Im in my forth season and my team is as follows:

GK. K. Vermeer/M. Van Der Hart
RB. C. Jenkinson/R. Van Rijin/K Tete
LB. N. Boilesen/M Dijks
CB. N. Moisander/T. Alderweireld/ S. Denswil
RM. G. Wijnaldum/R Babel
LM. V. Fischer/D. Boerrigter/Wellington Nem
CM. C. Erikson/Kara/B. Van Den Boomen/M Oosting (Regen)/L Andersen/M Henriksen/B Pluim (Regen)/ S. De Jong
FW. Ademilson/ K Sigporsson/T Wilemse (Regen)

Keep me updated :)