Tottenham prepare for 2011-2012

1st July 2011

After a lovely Summer break it's that time of year where football clubs start thinking about the next season. With not much time passing at all from the last season it doesn't take long for a club to stop looking back and to start looking foward.

The results for last years player and young player of the year awards were announced and are as follows...

Player of the year - Yoann Gourcuff

Young player of the year - Gareth Bale

After Tottenham's disappointing sixth place finish last season Martin Jol will want to improve on that this season and will most definately make challenging for the Champions League his main target. With last season's F.A Cup win under their belt Tottenham will see themselves as a club that has the potential to do well again this season and once again will be battling it out in Europe but this time in the less coveted Europa League.

Transfers

Tottenham have been very busy again in the Tranfer market and have purchased some decent players. As is the case with talent coming in others must head towards the exit.

1st July 2011 - 11.30am

IN- Javier Hernandez - £12,500,000
javier-hernandez_1692781c.jpg

Javier finally signs for Tottenham

Tottenham sealed the signing of Mexican Javier Hernandez much to the delight of every single Tottenham fan. Javier lit up Tottenham's season last year, fitted in with the squad and was generally a livewire up front. He impressed so much that the fans urged the club to persue Hernandez and try and sign him on a permanent basis. Man Utd were at first reluctant but boss Alex Ferguson eventually gave in after hearing from Javier himself that if he wasn't first choice at United he would love a move to Tottenham.

"I am extremely pleased to be here, Tottenham gave me wonderful memories last year and I have made lots of friends here. I have moved down to London and think it's a beautiful city. I already feel embraced by the fans and I just feel so at home here. Manchester United was a great experience but I think it was a stepping stone to where I am now".

1st July 2011 - 14.40pm

IN - Paul Pogba - £775,000
Paul-Pogba-001.jpg

Pogba is one for the future

Tottenham have once again swooped for a Man Utd player this time young Paul Pogba has arrived from Manchester United to Tottenham. With his future almost certain to end at Old Trafford Tottenham caught drift of his availability and ensnared him.

6th July 2011 - 10.10pm

IN - Adil Rami - £11,500,000
rami-om-reu.jpg

Rami will strengthen a defence that leaked in to many goals last season

Martin Jol has decided to sign strong Lille centrehalf Adil Rami after sending scouts Peter Rudi and Rinus Israel to France to keep tabs on him. Both came back with positive feedback and urged Jol to sign the young Frenchman. Rami will help the Tottenham defence which leaked to many goals.

Transfers out

Tom Huddlestone - Wolves - £7M
Michael Dawson - Inter Milan - £8M

Both these two men enjoyed fairly average seasons with Tottenham last season but did not do enough to impress Martin Jol. With Adil Rami coming in there was no room at the back for Michael Dawson who was snapped up by Italian giants Inter Milan for a nice sum of £8M. Tom Huddlestone has also left arriving at Wolves for £7M.

Last edited:
Wooo one of my guys won at least.. :p go Bale.
And nice one signing Hernandez. im still trying to sign him on my sevilla save..
Who summer update are you using btw?

StuW's lol yeah Gareth Bale has done well. Hope re perfoms well again this season

Ahh same.. wonder why they wont accept my bid for hernandez FML.. and Bales one of the best players IMO, on my spurs save he won best young player 75% of the time roughly. And had about 15 assists.

Nah not quite that haha...
And hopefully he will.. Good luck anyway mate, Please make Spurs Prem champions.. ;)

just read through all of the story and its great mate youve made excellant signings and your doing well :D i dont think it will be long before you see your self winning that premier league;)

Wow thanx James... Im probably sat rock bottom. Ill head over and take a peek.

Tottenham still pursuing players

21st July 2011

Tottenham Hotspur still remain on the lookout for new players. The manager has stated that he will do everything in his power to purchase some of Europe's finest. He also has a struggle on his hands to keep some of his own players as clubs have come sniffing round.

Inter Milan are reportedly putting together a bid of around £12M for Gareth Bale. Martin Jol would be very reluctant to sell Bale who shone last season and performed at a high standard. If Jol was tempted to sell he would probably be looking at a deal nearer the £20M mark.

gareth_bale%5B1%5D.jpg

Is Bale off to Inter Milan?

27th July 2011 - 23.20pm

IN - Yohan Mollo - £15,000,000
yohanmollo-ligue1-monaco.jpg

Yohan Mollo joins in spectacular transfer battle

French wonderkid Yohan Mollo joins Tottenham in a £15M deal! Yohan had been the subject of much transfer speculation with Fiorentina, Manchester City and even whispers of Barcelona being interested. Martin Jol had already sent scout Jeff Vetere to France to watch some of the French league 1 teams friendly's. Jeff Vetere was instructed to go to Monaco and watch Mollo who he said.. "automatically impressed on first instances ". It wasn't long before both clubs were locked in negotiations which took a little longer to sort out due to the French club holding out for a higher offers from other interested parties. One never came however and Yohan Mollo becomes a Tottenham player.

10th August 2011 - 08.20am

IN - Miles Addison - £4,000,000
Miles-Addison_1164037.jpg

Miles Addison will be most likely be loaned out

Tottenham have bought highly rated defender Miles Addison who is one of England's brightest young talents at the moment. Although he has such an exciting aura around him Martin Jol has already stated that he will loan the young lion out so he gets first team experience instead of a sore *** on the bench which is where he would probably spend most of this season if he were to remain with Tottenham this season. Addison stated...

"I am looking foward to going out on loan and in every match for my loan club I will be thinking about next season's campaign and just hoping that I can do enough to claim my stake in Tottenham's team then."

12th August 2011 - 12.45am

IN - Ivan Rakitic - £11,500,000
rakitic-514.jpg

Ivan Rakitic was one of the players Jol most sought after

Martin Jol admitted that Ivan Rakitic was joint top of his list of players he wanted to buy this summer. It is believed he was tied at the top with Javier Hernandez who also recently signed. Rakitic who is 22 plays with maturity and is a fine role model. He has a great mentallity for football and enjoys every game. His move from Schalke to Tottenham left the Schalke fans devestated as he was well on the way to becoming an icon for the Schalke fans to drool over. Rakitic said...

"I leave Schalke with a very heavy heart but Tottenham was too good to turn down. I want to experience the English League and feel that Tottenham would suit my style of play. I see some of the players who have arrived and think the club is on the way to something big.. I am excited ".

Other players in

Alphonse Areola - PSG - £3.4M
Chris Basham - Bolton - £5.25M
Axel Witsel - Standard - £8M

2ce4e55609_14597895_o2.jpg

Axel Witsel will be in Martin Jol's first team plans

Other players out

Niko Kranjacr - Chelsea- £12.5M
Giovanni Dos Santos - Liverpool - £12.25M
Mehdi Abeid - Notts County - Loan
Serge Aurrier - Sheffield Wednesday - Loan

Tottenham have had to make some money back as they've spent a fair bit and decided to sell both Niko Kranjcar and Giovanni Dos Santos.

Kranjcar wanted to move to a bigger club and seemed disinterested with life at Tottenham since his former boss and long term friend Harry Redknapp left last summer. He was sold for a strong £12.5m offer from Chelsea. Giovanni Dos Santos has also left Tottenham and sold for £12.25m to Liverpool. The offer whilst fought for by the club was too good to turn down and Jol saw his chance to make some cash.

Mehdi Abeid and Serge Aurrier who were bought last season will go out on loan and get some first team football with both of them expected to have bright futures for the club.

Last edited:
your getting croats number back... I like it... nice story..

It won't let me do it through hotmail... Just wont upload onto the email. No regens yet Frutty.

Good story man, 6th place is a bit **** though but congrats on ya F.A Cup win. One of the best reads on the site. Along with Dans Hammertime.

August

Tottenham ready to battle for Communty Shield

Tottenham are ready to fight Manchester City for the honour of winning the Community Shield. The annual event which is so used to having either Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal involved doesn't see any of the regular three competing. Tottenham will be looking foward to showing off some of their new players with Hernandez expected to continue his dramtic golscoring form, carrying on from last season where he enjoyed a brilliant loan spell at Tottenham.

Manchester City opted for youth in the Transfer Market signing two youth players, Sebastiano Leoni and Alessandro Crotti. They also purchased Simon Kjaer from Wolfsburg for £21M who should play some part of the match.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini seemed to to take the pressure of winning the match in his stride by saying...

" I am looking foward to this match and know that my team will treat it as any other match. People tell me that this Cup doesn't have the respect that it deserves but I will send my team out pumping and let them know that I expect only a win. "

Roberto-Mancini-006.jpg

Mancini looking for a win

8th August 2011 - 15.00am

goal.png
James Milner (47)
goal.png
Yoann Gourcuff (49)
goal.png
Javier Hernandez (60)
goal.png
Aaron Lennon (71)
goal.png
Luka Modric (88)
yellowcard.png
Micah Richards

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Aaron LennonView attachment 106469

Manchester City will be extremely disappointed as they ticked all the boxes in which to win this match. However Tottenham gave a display to match Man City's and the difference today was Aaron Lennon who's pace saw him run rings around the City players. He set up both Gourcuff and Hernandez with two sublime crosses. He also got his own goal late on which saw him whizz down the right, cut inside and chip Shay Given. Martin Jol was extremely impressed and celebrated with the fans after the match. He also stated...

" We played the best I've seen in a long time and hope we can carry on like this into the season. Aaron played extremely well again and will most likely be one of the clubs catalysts as we enter the season. I want the club to focus on the league this season and myself and Daniel Levy have decided that finishing in a Champions League spot is what will benefit the club the most ".

96393_news.jpg

Jol was exstatic with the win.

Tottenham have now won the F.A Cup and the Community Shield under boss Martin Jol. The future looks bright but if Jol is to keep his good reputation he will want to at least guide Tottenham to fourth place this year and maybe even try and challenge for the League Cup. Tottenham who played no pre-season matches prefering to kick off the season in imacculate condition. Tottenham have no injury worries and have trained on fitness so should be in great condition.

fashield.JPG

Last edited: