Tottenham Target Trophies! - Glenn Hoddle Story

JamieReed24

Reaction score
attachment.php

CAPELLO SACKED!

After England's spectacular exit from World Cup 2010 at the hands of Germany questions began to surround Fabio Capello's future as Three Lions manager.

The Italian had signed a new deal just before the tournament in South Africa kicked off, committing himself to the job until 2012, but the appalling manner in which the Three Lions were dumped out - a 4-1 thrashing at the hands of the Germans - inevitably pointed fingers at Capello.

Before the tournament commenced, according to a source close to the manager, Capello was said to be 'under no illusions' as to his fate should England fail to succeed at the World Cup finals. Capello refused to be drawn on whether he would offer to resign if his team fail again.

'It's too early to speak about that,' said Capello.
'We have to wait. We have time to answer that question.’

But following a poor campaign the question had found itself cropping up in the headlines. Increasing pressure grew on the Italian following the ‘Capello Index’ becoming a public affair and bringing bad publicity to himself and the FA.

article-1287994-0A1B9118000005DC-342_468x331.jpg

England's substitutes catch the full force of Fabio Capello.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Subsequently the FA called an emergency meeting at Wembley Stadium, London having moved from offices at Soho Square in 2009;

Capello’s position as England manager being at the top of the Agenda.

Following the meeting the chairman of the English FA, Roger Burden, released a statement announcing the departure of Fabio Capello with immediate effect. They stated that the poor performance at the World Cup finals simply wasn’t good enough and ‘Capello Index’ was the final straw.

The FA are now open to applicants for the superlative job while looking themselves for the right man to fill the vacancy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments would be much appreciated as this is going to be my first story on fm-base. Thanks (P.S i have just seen a similar story an appoloise now!)

Last edited:
Best of luck mate. I'll follow so if you need any help let me know :)

Very good opening, lets hope u keep it up because so many (including me) start but fail to carry on

Redknapp favourite in betting

The England Squad returned from their poor World Cup performance and arrived to a heroes welcome, well they would have done had the plane touched down in Glasgow, however as it was Heathrow their were no crowds of fans to welcome what was Fabio Capello’s team back. Following the disastrous campaign the FA relieved Capello of his duties as manager and began there hunt for a new one.

Despite many pundits predicting that the FA would install a new manager in time for England’s next tie having disposed of Capello, it has appeared that they are looking to implement a new manager as soon as possible so that he can get the most out of the team and have them gel they way he wants.

All the odds supplied by internet bookmakers Skybet look like the Football Association will this time plummet for an English Manager.

9f7eceacdb484552

Harry Redknapp has been made the favorite with the bookies and among the pundits with the Tottenham manager a possible replacement for Fabio Capello after guiding Spurs to a top four finish in the Premier League last season. Roy Hodgson has also been linked but the new Liverpool Boss is highly unlikely to be approached, or take the role for that matter, having just began a career at Anfield. Other English man to have been linked with the role is England favorite David Beckham. Despite having no previous managerial experience Becks could still pounce straight into the national hotseat with his vast amount of football knowledge and the inspiration that he could bring to the squad, especially to the younger generation. An appointment like this would be much like that the appointment of Jurgen Klinsmann for Germany in 2006.

00c7b1322037f7fa
An outside bet for the job, at 15-1, is England and Tottenham favorite Glenn Hoddle. Despite having an academy set up in Spain, Hoddle has expressed his interest in getting a big time manager role.

If favorite Redknapp were to be appointed the new England manager, the betting would immediately start for 'Next Tottenham Boss' in this managerial merry-go-round!

Next Permanent England Manager Betting

7/4 – Harry Redknapp
11/4 – Roy Hodgson
11/2 – Martin O’Neill
10/1 – Sam Allardyce
10/1 – David Beckham
15/1 – Glenn Hoddle

Last edited:
Loving this layout tbh. Keep it up mate. :D

Becks plays down England manager talk

David Beckham has stressed that he still sees himself as a player despite speculation mounting that he could be asked by the FA to take over as England manager following Capello's departure.

Many pundits were tipping the LA Galaxy star to follow in the footsteps of Argentina’s Diego Maradona who has seamlessly made the transition from player to manager. The advisory role given to Beckham by Capello saw the former united idol being a pivotal role in the England camp through-out the World Cup campaign, thus suggesting him to take over from Capello.

Beckham, however, did express his desire to one day manager his home country.

Following this recent revelation Beckham has been ruled out of the race for the vacant position.

AI_BECK03042009.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

miggo, you'll have to follow to find out my friend ;)

Last edited:
That was actually a really good upate. Keep up the good work.

Interesting to see where this story will go, i'm a follower!

Interesting mate. Will be following. Hope you follow mine. Any advice feel free to ask

Last edited:
Redknapp unveiled as England coach

England coach Harry Redknapp has promised to do what Capello failed; to take the national team "right to the top" after being unveiled by the Football Association.

The Englishman, 63, will officially start in his new post with immediate effect.

wqrioy.jpg

Redknapp said: "It has been publically known that I have wanted this job for a long time but now is the first time I have felt like I was ready for the challenge and I know there are great expectations that go hand in hand with the position.

"My first objective is to meet the players and the club coaches in the Premier League. The England squad is one that can go right to the top."

Redknapp, who has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £4.5m a year, said it was a "dream come true" to take the England job. Redknapp acknowledged that managing England will be very different to being in charge of a club side - but says he is confident he can do the job well.

The former Portsmouth and Tottenham manager says he will ask his squad why they think England have under-achieved in recent years, and were so heavily defeated by the Germans at the World Cup, having struggled out of the group stage - which was thought to be a relatively easy passage through for the men in white.

images

"I'm going to try to understand what went wrong by talking to the players," he added. "I believe that wearing the England shirt should be a matter of pride - I want to see all players playing for England like they do for their clubs."

FA chairman Roger Burden is certain Redknapp will prove to be a success, saying: "We have an outstanding man with an outstanding record and more importantly for the fans, I feel, we have an Englishman.”

This appointment has obviously left a void in the manager’s hotseat at Whiteheart Lane which the clubs chairman will be looking to fill as soon as possible with the new season imminent.

Last edited:
Nice mate :) hope you keep this up, I'll join your current list of followers!

Hoddle makes instant impact at Tottenham Hotspur

Hoddle’s introduction amounted to a brief stroll from the tunnel to the touchline, a clap via raised hands then back whence he came.

images

At three on the dot he was back, this time as Glenn the manager, in that coat that always looked too big for Ramos but fitted Redknapp to perfection – perhaps that was the key to success in the White Hart Lane hotseat, filling the jacket. This was never Juande's manor but more often than not it was Harry’s. Sixteen minutes and 49 seconds into the game it was already Glenn's, the Cockney Keegan on his way with a rousing first goal. David Bentley, the heir to David Beckham's right boot, swung in a cross from the right, Roman Pavlyuchenko headed it home. It's a simple game, football.

qq69p2.jpg

An interview prior to the game saw Hoddle state that he would look to play attractive and attacking football as often as possible and so has thus delivered promises from the word go following the 3 -0 mauling of the reserve team! Hoddle also told the press,

“It’s a dream come true for me to be managing the club that is so true to my heart and to be honest I haven’t stopped grinning all day!”

A journalist from KICK! Magazine chose the main focus point for the conference, asking, “You have taken charge of Tottenham at a time when it is expected Ledley King may well be leaving the club. What are the chances of you keeping him around?”

images

Hoddle’s response was,

“Ledley is a great defender and a great ambassador to the game and without a doubt somebody I would like to keep around.”

There is speculation that Ledley King will be buoyed by Hoddle’s positive words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments would be GREATY appreciated as they will motivate me to do more... doesn't seem like i have many followers :p Thanks

Last edited: